close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno Will There Be A Death Is Silent on Vinyl?

THOSE LAZY-ASS, SLOPPY MOTHERFUCKERS AT THE GRREK POST OFFICE SERVICES! THOSE SCUMBAGS!!! THOSE FUCKING CUNTS!!!!! I JUST RECEIVED THE DIS VINYL, THE PACKAGE HAD WATER IN IT, THE JACKET IS RUINED! IT’S RUINED!!! I’M FUCKING DEPRESSED :’(
IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO GET AN EXTRA GATEFOLD JACKET? I’LL PAY FOR IT OF COURSE. THERE’S GOT TO BE SOMETHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT…
SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

That sucks to hear, hopefully there was insurance on the package that will cover the replacement cost?

It’s the first time something like this happens to me, I don’t remember paying for insurance. I paid via paypal, does it provide insurance or something? Or is this a service that USPS provides? The greek post office service doesn’t have such an option afaik.

I’m pretty sure the DIS package i received had insurance on it

I’m not sure if they insure the international orders. Sorry to hear mate, our post office isn’t much better in the States. I feel like if I don’t get tracking on everything I send or order then it somehow gets lost in the mail. I buy and sell a lot of shit on ebay so I’m sure my mailman thinks I suck too. I say ‘How hard is it to deliver something?!!’.

Sending stuff is expensive as hell these days. They charged me like 18 bucks to ship 5 comic books from Philly to Toronto. IT AIN’T EVEN THAT FAR, and it’s not like I used one of their “flat rape” boxes.

Hopefully you can get a clean copy, but the important thing is that the vinyl will still work fine!

I won a DIS vinyl copy on that Kno contest anyway. But this isn’t the thing. The thing is I paid hard earned money for this album. Yes the records play fine, but it cost me nearly $45, and you don’t even want to know what people are willing to do for $45 in Greece these days (I think you can imagine, the situation in the states isn’t very far from here). This is almost one and a half day’s payment, maybe 2 times for some jobs. The conclusion after all is exactly what you said: “how hard is it to deliver a fucking package?”.
I really hope I can find a way to get myself another jacket, I want to shoot somebody today.
I know what you’re talking about as far as these comic books you sent are concerned, they ask me for about 20-25 dollars just to ship a ghostface killah comic book for FUCK’s sake.
I’m not sure if there’s insurance for international orders too. I got a tracking number, I’ve seen the “trip” the package had from the states to my place, but I check and double check it, there’s no “insurance” word in this email.

kartman said:THOSE LAZY-ASS, SLOPPY MOTHERFUCKERS AT THE GRREK POST OFFICE SERVICES! THOSE SCUMBAGS!!! THOSE FUCKING CUNTS!!!!! I JUST RECEIVED THE DIS VINYL, THE PACKAGE HAD WATER IN IT, THE JACKET IS RUINED! IT’S RUINED!!! I’M FUCKING DEPRESSED :’(
IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO GET AN EXTRA GATEFOLD JACKET? I’LL PAY FOR IT OF COURSE. THERE’S GOT TO BE SOMETHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT…
SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

This is why I was reluctant to ship outside of the U.S.—you can’t insure via USPS, FedEx is cost prohibitive (if you thought $20 for shipping was bad, try $50-100+ via FedEx), overseas postal services love putting packages through hell it seems & the product is too expensive & too limited to just toss more out every time one gets damaged.

I’ve had a few other people (all overseas so far) hit me up about damage already.

We’ll figure it out, man. E-mail me—

kno@QN5 . com

thanks a lot kno, i’ll get in touch with you asap.
i’m still pissed though.
MOTHER FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got hit with a large customs charge for this (and for Still Motion), I’m guessing this is due to change of distributor or something as this never usually happens?

Epic Aesthetic said:Got hit with a large customs charge for this (and for Still Motion), I’m guessing this is due to change of distributor or something as this never usually happens?

still motion was the only one where i had to pay customs fee but the bill said it was because of the shirt

My vinyl still hasn’t turned up. I really hope it isn’t lost.

Epic Aesthetic said:Got hit with a large customs charge for this (and for Still Motion), I’m guessing this is due to change of distributor or something as this never usually happens?

In a nutshell—the USPS is cracking down on bullshitting on customs forms. Ineffable has legit shipping accounts so we can no longer lie about what is in the packages ie: “gifting”—unfortunately, what your government says is tax on a tee/vinyl is what you’ll have to pay.

Kno said:
I might only sell them domestically as well, I simply don’t have time or energy to deal with mailing international orders of that size/weight right now where each one has to have an individual customs form, etc. If I do sell them internationally I’ll probably have to charge a harsh S&H fee just to cover the time & costs because I’ll need to get someone else to handle it.

Let me just revisit this, because nearly all issues with shipping have been international.

We don’t CHOOSE to charge intl. fans out the asshole in shipping, we don’t CHOOSE to charge you customs tax, we don’t CHOOSE to destroy your packages in the post or make them 6 weeks late. If you don’t buy things online from overseas often you may not have noticed a degradation in quality with an incline in costs/charges when it comes to shipping—but its very real.

From 2006 to 2014 the USPS has gone from reliable & relatively stress-free to bankrupt, unreliable shitheads that destroy 50% of the things they ship. You can’t get delivery confirmation on intl. orders, etc. It sucks.

Other options—FedEx Intl. Economy on a piece of 12x12 vinyl, 1 pound runs around $115 USD (feel free to look it up). Who in the fuck wants to pay $115 in shipping?

We’ll definitely be re-evaluating our overseas sales. We’re thinking about handing any non-domestic sales over to an intl. partner like HHV.de or someone that does bulk intl. shipping and let them fill orders.

Hate to do it but we’re kind of backed in a corner at this point.

riz said:My vinyl still hasn’t turned up. I really hope it isn’t lost.

I posted my e-mail above, hit me up.

Thanks for the info Kno.

I can deal with the charges, it was just unexpected. Sucks about the whole USPS deal, but you letting us know everything is really appreciated.

Epic Aesthetic said:Thanks for the info Kno.

I can deal with the charges, it was just unexpected. Sucks about the whole USPS deal, but you letting us know everything is really appreciated.

No problem. I wish there were more options.

Anyone else get shipping notification emails from bandcamp today for order(s) you’ve already paid for and received? I got one for still motion and the dis vinyl. I’m sure they’re mistakes, but I was just curious if anyone else got the emails as well.

^ got one for Still Motion a few days ago as well.

houstonz said:^ got one for Still Motion a few days ago as well.

Yeah, Bandcamp merch platform has some uh…bugs to work out. We’ll be going back to the “Direct-To-Paypal-Splash-Page” for SJV3.

Something ya’ll should know about this vinyl over at Kno’s IG. Check it out.

Edit: sold out like in 5 minutes.

yeah, i got one copy for 1$ but 43$ shipping to Germany.

I was gonna get an extra one but forgot. Dang.

Set alarm for 4:58am. Mashed the F5 button. Vinyl acquired.

I’m stoked beyond belief! Cheers Kno.

this is why QN5 artists are the best. First hand communication and explanations. Still waiting on my Big Bear CD…

bataleon said:Set alarm for 4:58am. Mashed the F5 button. Vinyl acquired.

I’m stoked beyond belief! Cheers Kno.

:tu

shagyou said:yeah, i got one copy for 1$ but 43$ shipping to Germany.

= the $45 that it cost when we first put it up ($25+$20)

Kno said:

shagyou said:yeah, i got one copy for 1$ but 43$ shipping to Germany.

= the $45 that it cost when we first put it up ($25+$20)

Great! Hopefully i don’t have to collect it this time by german custom office.

My vinyl came in today. It was packaged well(I think Kno sent these by himself?), so it came all the way to Finland without getting damaged. Didn’t know that these were going to be autographed as well, nice!

Thanks, now I can scratch off one item from my to-be-bought CL vinyls list!

TMC said:My vinyl came in today. It was packaged well(I think Kno sent these by himself?), so it came all the way to Finland without getting damaged. Didn’t know that these were going to be autographed as well, nice!

Thanks, now I can scratch off one item from my to-be-bought CL vinyls list!

Yeah I signed these & hand packaged these myself at the studio & Dane sent them out for me.

Ultimately what is the point of paying a “professional” to fulfill orders if their lack of attention to detail loses a solid chunk of your purchasing fanbase?

For all Kno/DD projects I think I’ll be fulfilling them myself from now on. It’s a huge hassle & time consumer that I could otherwise be using to make music but there are only so many people that buy music anymoore & they need to be treated with care.