close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff QUINTIC

logo2.png

How about a quintic sub-forum? If not (or until then), we can discuss all things quintic here. I’m about to put in a pre order for that new Fjer ep.

cover.jpg

Favorite song is definitely long nights.

EP is really, really tight. I enjoy it - the production is wonderful.

Is that tone (or erm peter) on the title track? That voice effect threw me off at first but I’ve gotten somewhat used to it. I would like it a lot better if par hopped on there with a regular singing voice

Def diggin this ish.

JTX said:Is that tone (or erm peter) on the title track? That voice effect threw me off at first but I’ve gotten somewhat used to it. I would like it a lot better if par hopped on there with a regular singing voice

According to DBZ it’s him.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/04/02/fjer-long-nights-video/

I really like that deep distorted vocal effect. It seems full of emotion to me.

This EP is great ! Fjer’s voice and production are on point. Looking forward to here some more from her.

JTX said:Is that tone (or erm peter) on the title track?

I was wondering about that too. So I checked the bandcamp page and it says “Additional vocals and production by: Peter Anthony Red”.
Pretty cool.

Do you think this song was the collab PAR said he was working on ?

Supahbuldozer said:

Do you think this song was the collab PAR said he was working on ?

As far as I remember, he hashtagged “hyperrealism” after tweeting about the collab, so I think it is something else. I certainly hope so, cause I would love to hear them working together on more songs.

That Fjer EP is amazing. I will be ordering the CD on thursday, when I get paid. The standout track for me is Explode. This woman is pretty ridiculous with the production and harmonies. I’m really excited about hearing more from her and more from the QUINTIC label.

On the fence for this one need to give it a few more listens. Hoping it will grow on me as I seriously need female vocalists in my music collection.

Just ordered the Fjer ep….can’t wait to get it in. Looking forward to hearing more from her and hopefully we get some hyperrealism updates soon.

New video for “Bullfighter” from Fjer & Ollie B. (Directed by: Peter Anthony Red)
[WATCH IT HERE]

bullfighter_single_cover.png

I’ve been listening to a lot of PAR and Fjer as of late and it makes me wonder whats the next major thing for the label. Like what will happen after the next Fjer EP and Hyperrealism? I’m just curious cause I see a lot of big things for Quintic and I’ve loved everything thats come from it so far. I figured I’d comment in here cause the new Fjer EP is coming soon and this is a good place to talk about it.

blg_fjer_bh_cvr.jpg

I’m really enjoying Beautiful Home so far. Fjer’s progression from the first EP is quite impressive and I think it’s really cool that she has adapted the conceptual approach which has become so characterizing for QN5’s artistry.
My current favorites are the first two songs but it’s a really cohesive listen and I could easily see it changing over time. Excited to let it sink properly in!

Yeah, it sounds very different to the first EP which is interesting, also like the conceptual approach. Tried not to play Children too much when it came out, so it feels really fresh. I also really like Stairs. Need more listens to soak it all in though.

Yeah been waiting for this new Fjer, Children had me really hyped. I listened to this EP once so far and liked what I heard but I really want to listen more before I say any more.

STAIRS is my shit, for sure.

Love the way the percussion hits. Dense yet varied patterning. Couple that with the contrast of light arpeggios and long, swelling notes. It’s a really dynamic track both instrumentally and vocally, and I love how cinematic it feels. The way that piano sample flickers and retriggers, <3.

Floors was another early favorite for me.

I feel like the EP has enough classical / pop hooks to draw you in immediately, but has a ton of complex experimentation that begs for repeat listening.

Bravo.

This EP I noticed is quite a bit darker and more dramatic than the first one. Her personality on this EP I like a lot more than the first one. Like I’m just in awe with how much growth I’m hearing from the first EP. Even if it isn’t a full album this is by far one of the best projects released this year, and I can only imagine that if this is what she can make with an EP that when she makes a full length album our jaws will all drop at how amazing it is. Like I seriously got chills when Listening to this EP. Perfect.. no other word to describe it. I wish I could explain how I feel better and not just use a bunch of run on sentences I am just in shock with what I’m hearing and that’s a good thing.

Beautiful Home is now up on 2dopeboyz - http://2dopeboyz.com/2014/10/27/fjer-beautiful-home-stream/
Y’all should go write a couple of lines about the project. I really feel that Fjer’s music has the potential to reach a relatively wide audience, just by the nature of it, so let’s try to do our part of making people notice it.

I gotta say I’m surprised more people that still post on here haven’t really been talking about the new Fjer EP that much. This is by far one of the best projects I’ve heard all year. I mean how often can you really say that you’ve heard a concept EP thats this good. Not a concept album but an EP. Hopefully more people are at least making time to listen to this. Like I’m still at the point where my jaw drops every time I listen to this.

Listened to the new Fjer EP again and I feel like Fjer’s music is too creative to be limited by the length of an EP. I like the EP but it kind of feels like a snippet of an LP. Fjer should definitely start releasing LPs. Or maybe that’s just me being greedy for more new dope music.

Numonic said:Listened to the new Fjer EP again and I feel like Fjer’s music is too creative to be limited by the length of an EP. I like the EP but it kind of feels like a snippet of an LP. Fjer should definitely start releasing LPs. Or maybe that’s just me being greedy for more new dope music.

I agree with you on the fact that she should make a full album, but with this I don’t think she needed to. She told a story the way she wanted to tell it and to me it shouldn’t matter how she released it as long as its dope. I think creating a concept EP is something that doesn’t happen to often and to do it so well with only making 5 tracks is extremely commendable. Fjer is separating herself from so many other artists with what she does and with the music she makes. I can’t remember the last time I heard an artist do something as creative as what Fjer has done with this EP. I could talk about Beautiful Home all day its really that amazing. Also she kinda reminds me of Tone a bit because of the fact that it seems like there isn’t anything she can’t do. Like seriously aside from not having the ability to rap she has more talent in music than anybody else aside from Tonedeff. Thats also extremely commendable considering she’s only 22 years old and she’s still at the start of what will end up being an incredible career in music.

Beautiful Home is a beautiful release. The cold, elegant keys and strings prevalent throughout these songs coupled with those lush, reverberated vocals make for the ideal companion piece to the cool crisp November air (especially here in Canada—brrr). I find there’s just something about the aesthetic of this style of music that fits so well in the fall/winter months in particular, so the timing couldn’t be better.

The title track has effectively surpassed “Box” as my favourite Fjer song thus far (I’d love to hear a Trance remix made), and the degree of hauntingly desolate candlelit vibes that are captured on this project is something I haven’t quite felt since the great Polly Jean’s White Chalk; and that’s saying something. Lots of growth/potential here, and considering Fjer continues to prove she can easily carry musically ambitious records solo without any featured artists, I’m definitely looking forward to a full-length album as well. Bravo, good stuff!

Now that I’ve had the chance to listen a few times, this EP is REALLY good. The sequence of Children -> Stairs -> Roof is amazing.

The first few listens I wasn’t really feeling the title track and Stairs that much, but loved Floors, Children, and Roof. Now, though, I’d easily give Beautiful Home and Stairs 4/5 and the rest of the EP (and Children remix) 5/5. Shit’s phenomenal, b.

New Fjer is pretty smooth. I think all the songs sound good but I thought ‘Children’ kind of stand apart sonically and then all the other songs sounded very cohesive together.

I am absolutely in love with this EP. The title track blew me away, woah.

Just wondering though, Fjer - when will I receive my physical copy? I live in Denmark (yay!). I apologize if there is a shipping date somewhere that I have missed.

I am on the east coast and haven’t gotten mine yet ^

I think the Bandcamp page said shipping was delayed about a week when I went to download it on the 27th. Should be shipping now though.

These are coming from Denmark, BTW.

I can’t wait for the CD to get here. I’m still listening to Beautiful Home almost everyday. I don’t know how Fjer will top this EP but I’m sure she’s more than capable of doing just that.