close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff [VOTE] Do You Want A Mid-Level “POLYDISC” Edition of Polymer?

POLL › Do You Want A Mid-Level "POLYDISC" Edition of Polymer?

YES - Add The ’Polydisc Edition’ - I Want That 59
NO - The Current 2 Editions Are Enough 10
? - I’m So Confused Right Now 7
Total Votes: 76

td_gltn_cd.png

As discussed in this other thread, the recent announcement of 100 physical editions of GLUTTON as an exclusive item at the forthcoming QN5 Meghashow sparked some interest about pressing the other EPs as well.

THE SITUATION:

JTX said:It would be awesome if the polymorph edition included physical copies of each ep so they each have their own artwork, and then a final album disc, but I doubt that’ll happen.

The contents of the Polymorph Edition are clearly listed on the pre-order page and is priced for it’s current configuration of 2 CDs, 2 DVDs and 2X Vinyl, T-Shirt, Book & Sticker. Digital versions are included of all 4 EPs. Adding 3 more discs is out of budget for what’s already been sold.

caracicatriz said:I was actually wondering the same thing. I’d love to have all of the physical copies but am not sure if they’ll be released with Polymer.

The only way we could include physical copies of the individual EPs is to create an entirely new/mid-level tier edition priced between the Polymer/Polymorph editions (ie. a POLYDISC edition?). Granted, we’d have reservations that it may prove even more confusing. Too many options can be overwhelming & discouraging. But, if this is something enough people want, we’re open to the idea.

THE PROPOSAL:

A mid-tier edition of Polymer that would cost/include more than the standard edition and less than the Polymorph edition with physical digipak copies of each separate EP. We’ll need to work out the math a bit, but this is the idea. Content proposal below:

POLYDISC EDITION (7 Discs)
+ POLYMER CD (1)
+ Physical CDs for Each EP (4)
+ DVD Documentary (1)
+ QN5 RMX VOL.5 (1)
+ TONEDEFF STICKER

USA: $40 // INTL: $60

TO FURTHER CLARIFY THE PACKAGES:
1) Standard: 1 CD & 1 DVD - Audio Album
2) Polydisc: 6 CDs & 1 DVD - Audio Album + Physical Copies of All 4 EPs.
3) Polymorph: 2 CDs & 2 DVDs & 2X VINYL - Audio Album + Digital Copies of All 4 EPs + Acapellas/Instros

Your vote here will determine the next step. Feel free to chime in.

Yes! I would cop 2 copies easy. Need those individual EP physicals mang.

I actually haven’t purchased any pack yet, honestly, this one would be perfect for me.

As said in the other thread, I would definitely buy a polydisc edition. The glutton digipak on the livestream looked great, and having one for each ep is something I’ve been wanting since this was all announced.

Y’all ain’t voting? haha

I voted and it showed 2. On refresh it shows 1 vote now.

JTX said:I voted and it showed 2. On refresh it shows 1 vote now.

Weird. Our database has been doing bizarro shit this year.

Same. I don’t think my vote counted.

I definitely would want this so you guys better vote.

Yes, but there should be an invoice/link for those who already paid for the standard edition to upgrade to the Polydisc edition. I would do it!

I wouldn’t see the point of the single Polymer disc though, but that package is still more enticing than the standard edition!

By doing this would the non-Megashow Glutton CDs be the same as the limited edition you announced on the livestream?

I’m a bit confused but if i got this correctly the polymer cd thats included in the pre-order only has the 4/4 part while the others are available digitally? While this new edition will have physical for all 4? I was under the assumption that the last part/CD included all 4 parts. Just need clearance but still think this is a great idea, if the “dead line” is still the same that’ll mean that i’ll be able to purchase the polymorph (which i already pre-ordered) and the polydisc as well.

still voted yes though

Polymer, the disc, will contain all tracks from the four EP’s, with the tracklisting mixed rearranged. The update about this, is that this mid-level version also lets you get all 4 EP’s separately physical.

definitely yes for me.

Future said:I’m a bit confused but if i got this correctly the polymer cd thats included in the pre-order only has the 4/4 part while the others are available digitally? While this new edition will have physical for all 4? I was under the assumption that the last part/CD included all 4 parts.

Porsborg said:Polymer, the disc, will contain all tracks from the four EP’s, with the tracklisting mixed rearranged. The update about this, is that this mid-level version also lets you get all 4 EP’s separately physical.

Porsborg is correct.

TO FURTHER CLARIFY THE PACKAGES:
1) Standard: 1 CD & 1 DVD - Audio Album
2) Polydisc: 6 CDs & 1 DVDs - Audio Album + Physical Copies of All 4 EPs.
3) Polymorph: 2 CDs & 2 DVDs & 2X VINYL - Audio Album + Digital Copies of All 4 EPs + Acapellas/Instros

There should be an option to add the 4 polymer cds onto the polymorph edition in my opinion. I would love to have them but don’t really need to double up on the tshirt etc. Could call it polymorph plus. Smile

riz said:There should be an option to add the 4 polymer cds onto the polymorph edition in my opinion. I would love to have them but don’t really need to double up on the tshirt etc. Could call it polymorph plus. Smile

Hmmmmmm.

Should we drop the t-shirt from the Polydisc Edition to make it more accessible for Polymorph owners?

And the qn5 remix cd? To make the polymorph edition that much more enticing in my opinion.

QN5 said:3) Polymorph: 2 CDs & 2 DVDs & 2 x Vinyl - Audio Album + Digital Copies of All 4 EPs + Acapellas/Instros

Don’t forget the vinyl Mr Deff, never forget the vinyl

Yeah, tone, I think that would be a good idea. A lot of us that would want the four individual CD’s already ordered the t-shirt with the polymorph edition, so for us it would be redundant. A cheaper version without the T-shirt would be great, I think.

Porsborg said:

QN5 said:3) Polymorph: 2 CDs & 2 DVDs & 2 x Vinyl - Audio Album + Digital Copies of All 4 EPs + Acapellas/Instros

Don’t forget the vinyl Mr Deff, never forget the vinyl

haha Thanks! Almost missed that. VINYL is a huge selling point for the Polymorph.

Silbz said:Yeah, tone, I think that would be a good idea. A lot of us that would want the four individual CD’s already ordered the t-shirt with the polymorph edition, so for us it would be redundant. A cheaper version without the T-shirt would be great, I think.

This sounds more reasonable.

Thanks Tone and Porsborg, its definitely a great option and i have no problem with dropping the t-shirt on that version, like most said we already have it due to the polymorph but if some people are just getting the polydisc edition wouldn’t they want the t-shirt to be included? How much would be the price drop (if its not too much asking) because i mean if its a minor difference i wouldn’t mind the extra T-shirt.

Future said:How much would be the price drop (if its not too much asking) because i mean if its a minor difference i wouldn’t mind the extra T-shirt.

T-Shirt will add about $10 to the price w/ S+H. I haven’t done the math on the manufacturing/shipping, but it should be somewhere around $40/$60 for the package WITHOUT the Tee.

I’d say to go with what’s easier and less stressful, i mean you’re already doing a lot by adding a new edition which i think everyone is happy with. i’m speaking for myself but 10$ wouldn’t change much. It’s all about those 4 physical eps, if there’s a lot of votes go for it with or without the t-shirt.

Yeah, I’m not even interested in the tees. It’s all about the CD’s for me!

Will there be an invoice option to upgrade from the standard edition?

Loewi said:Will there be an invoice option to upgrade from the standard edition?

No, it would prove far too complicated and lead to mix-ups when done on a larger scale. If you’re looking to upgrade, you’ll need to have the original order cancelled and refunded - and THEN place the order for the Polydisc edition. It’s just easier for us to track that way.

- I voted YES because obviously I need those 4 separate EPs.

- However a much simpler idea would be to release POLYDISC as just having the four EP’s and no other discs. This way anyone who already ordered the others could add these to their collection. You’d also still essentially get the full album.

- Either way though I will buy it.

Well, I’d like the QN5 Remix Vol. 5 CD as well. I don’t want to shell out $99 in order to get one, haha…

Epic Aesthetic said:
- However a much simpler idea would be to release POLYDISC as just having the four EP’s and no other discs. This way anyone who already ordered the others could add these to their collection. You’d also still essentially get the full album.

Yes you’d essentially get the full album, but since the final and complete Polymer album will have a rearranged tracklist, it wouldn’t be the same as owning Polymer.

Actually that’s what sounds so damn enticing about this project, and what in my eyes completely ties the Polymer concept together; 4 different pieces, each a cohesive project of its own, but when combined it becomes something new and melts together as one, cohesive end product. That is going to be difficult to pull off, but I’m certain that it’s gonna be awesome.

BTW: 10$ that Sunrise is gonna be the album closer. I’m sure.