close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Wacklemore

Any QN5ers agree?

... Yay for random hate. I didn’t know we could do topics on artists we didn’t like. I have a bunch of ‘em if you’re interested.

And no, i respectfully disagree.

haha CunninLynguists were the ones to introduce me to Macklemore. He’s not my taste but he’s far from wack. Check out some of the older stuff he’s done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CefVnAvpCBA

I can definitely understand why he wouldn’t appeal to some, but I disagree. If he’s one of the people that is getting shine on radio, TV, etc… Then I’m cool with that. I’d rather have some of my more favorite artists getting that shine, but Macklemore has way better messages in his songs then almost all other hip hop getting the spotlight.

Can I get an opinion from the minority side of the forum? Or from a rational person who doesn’t view difference of opinion as hate? Thanks Wink

Oh, and no offense. I know some folks on this forum get touchy

Hi Reuben said:Can I get an opinion from the minority side of the forum? Or from a rational person who doesn’t view difference of opinion as hate? Thanks Wink

“Difference of opinion” is alright. You just randomly stated, without anything leading up to the topic, that Macklemore is wack. And I disagree. Macklemore wasn’t exactly displaying his best side with Thrift Shop, but he’s extremely honest and human in his lyrics. Listen to Otherside, Wings, Starting Over, Contradiction, Inhale Deep, White Privilege.

Macklemore on White Privilege said:
Hiphop started off in a block that I’ve never been to
To counter act a struggle that I’ve never even been through
If I think I understand just because I flow too
That means I’m not keeping it true, I’m not keeping it true
Now I don’t rap about guns so they label me conscious
But I don’t rap about guns cause I wasn’t forced into the projects
See I was put in the position where I could chose my options
Blessed with the privilege that my parent’s could send me to college

That’s some pretty spot-on lines.

I am the biggest contrarian you’ll find on the internet, but I’m not into hating for hating’s sake.

He can rap but is currently focused on pop music. Making millions is not something I hate on. Obviously not many independent cats get the chance he’s getting.

I’m not a fan of Macklemore at all but he is far from wack. Maybe corny at times with some of the stuff on the radio, but wack? Naw. Dude’s pretty nice. I don’t really vibe with him, but I can respect the music he puts out and plus he is one of the few artists getting major radio play/popularity while still being independent. I respect that a lot.

lol at the above replies being irrational and calling out for minority back up

I bet this guy has only heard the few singles on the radio…

n350f8.gif

Wrong, only the first reply was so far… Anyone who calls hate right off the bat is - you know. But still waiting for that minority voice. Can’t trust the bias. I’ll sound off once it comes in

“Can’t trust the bias. I’ll just wait for my confirmation bias before I post ” - Hi Reuben

Sorry about that, I had just got off the plane and hadn’t slept for 24 hours when I wrote that.

I just thought it was kind of a random statement, without any arguments or reason for being here, and it looked like you were looking for some “Yeah, fuck him !” kinda response.
If it’s not the case, I apologise, I misunderstood.

As for the subject, as I said, I disagree. He made it by saying to people stuff like"don’t do drugs” ‘“respect the gay community"or ” don’t waste your money”. Even if you don’t like his style, you can respect that.

Tried using your argument tactics. Turns out it’s pointless.
Edit: If anything, this proves talented people dress like animals or fiber optic lamps.
cee-lo-green-peacock.jpg
peacock-new-zealand_10933_990x742.jpg

Bj-rk-s-Festival-Outfit-Is-Even-Odder-than-Her-Swan-Dress.jpg?1371472164
fiber-optic-light-lamp.jpg

tumblr_miffrxmaNZ1qdslbvo1_500.png
220px-Largelionsmanejellyfish.jpg

Ice-Cube-is-a-clown.jpg
0.jpg

Oh, JLee.. XD

I don’t listen to a majority of Macklemore’s discography.. just a couple songs from Language of My World, The Unplanned Mixtape, VS EP, and The Heist… but the shit that I do like is tiiiiiiiiight.

Wing$? Starting Over? Otherside? The End? Fallin? City Don’t Sleep? Kings? Neon Cathedral? Contradiction? White Privilege? Jimmy Iovine?

..sheeeeeeeeit

I dont really listen to his music but I respect him. Im as sick of hearing thrift shop as the rest of you but for a mainstream single it was great, its even a pop song with a message for christs sake! People are fickle anyways, theyd probably hate on Tone if he blew up.

As for the ‘hate debate’, I would have just titled the thread “macklemore” and talked about why you don’t like him. Instead it kinda seemed like you were looking for a reaction and people jumped on you *shrug*

Epic Aesthetic said:I dont really listen to his music but I respect him. Im as sick of hearing thrift shop as the rest of you but for a mainstream single it was great, its even a pop song with a message for christs sake! People are fickle anyways, theyd probably hate on Tone if he blew up.

As for the ‘hate debate’, I would have just titled the thread “macklemore” and talked about why you don’t like him. Instead it kinda seemed like you were looking for a reaction and people jumped on you *shrug*

My biggest gripe with Macklemore is that he got Ab-Soul on a song and only used him for the hook…..smh.

^ Didn’t wanna get out-shined…

Blowing up is not grounds for labeling someone wack. And if Tone dropped ‘Thrift Shop’ it would be hot on this forum and maybe make a little headway in the underground… He’d get no airplay - That goes for Pack, and Stan too - fact. Which is why I asked for some minority support. This subject would be split in half based on color alone, and that’s leaving the technical part of the discussion out (almost guaranteed). Not trying to split the room either, just curious to see if similar trends happen outside my circle of friends.

Thrift Shop is catchy at best. To me it isn’t hot or wack, it just is. Nobody asked me why I thought he’s wack, they started making excuses for Macklemore right off the bat… smh. Honestly, I think you’re just mad cause I called your man wack.

Hi Reuben said:smh. Honestly, I think you’re just mad cause I called your man wack.

LOL at you

Hi Reuben said:... if Tone dropped ‘Thrift Shop’ it would be hot on this forum and maybe make a little headway in the underground… He’d get no airplay - That goes for Pack, and Stan too - fact. Which is why I asked for some minority support. This subject would be split in half based on color alone ... Nobody asked me why I thought he’s wack, they started making excuses for Macklemore right off the bat… smh. Honestly, I think you’re just mad cause I called your man wack.

tumblr_liig5sSq4g1qe11kdo1_400.jpg

I don’t listen to Macklemore but I don’t think he’s wack because he’s white and I’m white.

>2013
>being this obvious of a troll

tumblr_mmy8pbKGoq1qa8530o1_500.jpg

^ haha. Bye Reuben!!!

This isn’t even aimed at Hi Reuben anymore, that’s just not going anywhere. But look..

If you don’t like Macklemore, cool. I don’t think anybody here has said he’s their favourite artist. Most of us have even said he’s not really our thing, but most of us have also said that we respect him. Probably for the honest and thought provoking topics he handles in his songs and his ability to carry these conscious thoughts into the mainstream world of brainless shepherding.

I don’t think he’s the best rapper in terms of technique, far from it, but it’s certainly not his focal point either. In a world where many people can’t even tell anymore that “Quack like a duck” is a joke, he’s bringing something highly needed to the public perception of Hip-hop.

ONE-SENTENCE ASSERTION.

CAN ANYBODY MOUNT AN ARTICULATE DEFENSE?!

If you do, then I will explain myself.

I don’t like thinking very much because it hurts my brain.

Any QN5ers agree?

P.S. No cracker opinions please.

The Trashman said:P.S. No cracker opinions please.

LOL

Trashman, you were at the Megashow right? Did I meet you??? I feel like I should’ve but I have no idea.

Didnt realize that he had worked with Cunnin.

But I cant fucking stand the 3 singles hes put out thus far. Although I kinda dig the beats.

Id like to never hear anything from him ever again.

Where’s Angel, or Jane? There isn’t one pigmented person on this forum anymore besides the moderator? Wink

When did this forum get heisted by Rhyemsayers and Def Jux fans? c’mon man.

Just waiting on matt the god to come in here and start calling me bruh while breathing threats cuz I called his favorite rapper wack… XD this is too much. If you take me this serious, jokes on you