close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion What is your favorite album from the year you were born?

I was born in 1988, and mine would be “Follow the Leader” by Eric B. and Rakim.

1302155531_eric-b.-rakim-follow-the-leader-expanded-itunes-2005.jpg

I was listening to this album the other day and started thinking about how it came out the year I was born so I thought this would be cool to see people’s answers. It also got me looking at what exactly came out that year because aside from hip hop I have listened to few albums from 88’.

Slim pickings in 1985. I could go with LL Cool J - Radio (Rock the Bells, etc.) but I’ve never actually listened to that whole record (might do it now though).

I guess I would go with this album:
41Q28DFES2L.jpg

Other option:
The Smiths - Meat is Murder

I’ve never really listened to many artists who released an album during my birth year.

I am 99% a post-2000’s music, so this was tough. From 1997, Life After Death by Notorious B.I.G. is the only one I can think of, and I’m not even that big of a fan.

It’s ironic that my BY FAR favorite albums of the 90’s, ATLiens and Aquemini, was released in 1996 and 1998.

I’m not that much younger then you guys, I was born in 1990 so I had a quite a few choices from gangstarr To Kool G rap.
But in the end I had to go with .(Drum Roll Plz)

Ice Cube “AmeriKKKas most wanted”
(HipHop)
7D2EC797-310D-42F9-B9A4-72835D1C65B0-1448-0000020C7D571C82_zpsa37eda31.jpg

Just so I’m not being limited to HipHop
Janes addiction “ritual de lo habitual”

^ That’s my favorite Cube album by far.

Porsborg said:I am 99% a post-2000’s music, so this was tough. From 1997, Life After Death by Notorious B.I.G. is the only one I can think of, and I’m not even that big of a fan.

It’s ironic that my BY FAR favorite albums of the 90’s, ATLiens and Aquemini, was released in 1996 and 1998.

It’s crazy to think you were born the year Company Flow dropped Funcrusher and Wu-Tang Forever dropped. Life After Death and Forever were must haves for me in middle school. I didn’t catch on to Funcrusher until much later.

Actually ‘97 may mark the birth of what became known as “underground hip-hop”. I think Atmosphere and Jedi Mind Tricks both debuted that year.

The Trashman said:Actually ‘97 may mark the birth of what became known as “underground hip-hop”. I think Atmosphere and Jedi Mind Tricks both debuted that year.

Same year as ‘The Monotone EP’ too. Hmmm..

1986 - Beastie Boys - Licenced to ill. Brass monkey is one of my favorite tracks of all time.

Step In the Arena by gang starr because i listened to it more than The Low End Theory

1982. Thriller by Michael Jackson.

I can’t choose between these two. I would have Dre’s chronic up on here but over time these artists grew on me more than my nostalgia over the chronic did. And I was never really that big of an Ice Cube person for his album back in 92.

Bizarre+Ride+II+The+Pharcyde+Coverpng-438x438.png

redman-whut-thee-album-cd.jpg

I don’t think LPs had been invented when I was born. Sad