close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff New Tonedeff Music Videos ...

So, as posted on my FB… I’m on the hunt for Director’s/Animators/Motion GFX/Cinematographers to shoot videos for Polymer.

It’s been incredibly frustrating and the last thing I wanna do is make a “rap at the camera” video - which apparently makes finding like-minded collaborators a tough task. Either that, or folks charge too much for my pockets, or are just too busy to do anything.

So, If you or your friends are up for a challenge and wanna break ground, message me here with a link to your reel.

Hollerate,
Tone

Why not deacon? Or the team who made built to fade? That willie sutton video is mesmerizing.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your answer to this on facebook.

Finally! Gears are turning on this, folks! More news shortly.

tee-hee.

*Watches “Last to Know” in anticipation.*

Throwing out some ideas of more directors who might be interested to do Tonedeff videos for cheap: Homeboy Sandman has a LOT of really creative/awesome videos, and they all seem to be directed by different people. Not a fan of his but some of Soul Khan’s videos are pretty good too, or at least aren’t “rap at the camera” videos. Maybe reaching out to them and/or their directors? Just naming those two since they are both based in NYC, and have obvious QN5 connections (HBSM doing a song with Pack, and Soul Khan professing his QN5 love on twitter).
Also, those LGBT NYC Buzz-rappers like Le1f and Cakes Da Killer have some pretty creative videos, although their directors might be more expensive.
lastly, some Mr MFN Exquire videos are pretty good

amplifya said:Throwing out some ideas of more directors who might be interested to do Tonedeff videos for cheap: Homeboy Sandman has a LOT of really creative/awesome videos, and they all seem to be directed by different people. Not a fan of his but some of Soul Khan’s videos are pretty good too, or at least aren’t “rap at the camera” videos. Maybe reaching out to them and/or their directors? Just naming those two since they are both based in NYC, and have obvious QN5 connections (HBSM doing a song with Pack, and Soul Khan professing his QN5 love on twitter).
Also, those LGBT NYC Buzz-rappers like Le1f and Cakes Da Killer have some pretty creative videos, although their directors might be more expensive.
lastly, some Mr MFN Exquire videos are pretty good

Thanks for the leads, we’ll check into them. As a whole, the ideas we’re looking to do for the Tonedeff videos are more expansive, time-consuming and generally “harder” to do than most of the stuff you’ve mentioned - hence the delay in doing anything. Directors are generally reluctant to put more effort into something for meager budgets if we’re cold-pitching them. There have been 4 Tonedeff videos that have exploded before they even happened due to that reluctance to put in that extra effort to make something extra-awesome. But regardless, we’re getting it popping - finally.

FYI - Shooting my first solo music video since “Move In, Ride Out” next week.

EXTREMELY EXCITED.

#backinthegame

Smile

Tonedeff said:FYI - Shooting my first solo music video since “Move In, Ride Out” next week.

EXTREMELY EXCITED.

#backinthegame

Smile

Nice. I’m going to guess it’s for Moment. 2nd guess is Use me.

Awesome news Tone! I’m very excited to see it!

Hopefully these people pull-through this time!

Only one since MIRO? Wow.

Yes !! It’s been a while !

I hope its for Use Me

I hope it’s for the entire Glutton and Demon EP’s. Just one song? Moment or Use Me, then.

Looks like this is being done by the same guy who did the water video. #hyped

so…how’d the shoot go? Very Happy

JTX said:Looks like this is being done by the same guy who did the water video. #hyped

Indeed it is! Daniel McStay flew out from Norway to shoot this. He’s been here all week running around doing pre-production work with me. He’s a hardcore blue schooler who just so happens to be an incredible Cinematographer, which is the best combo. Let’s just say, be pumped.

deStructuralized said:so…how’d the shoot go? Very Happy

We were looking to start on Wednesday, but we scouted the location and it was an icy deathtrap. We were also missing a key component prop for the video, so we decided to scratch the date and push it forward. We found an AMAZING spot in Brooklyn to do it at instead - controlled, pro and lots of shot options. With McStay behind the camera, I’m only anticipating magic.

It’s been a long week of prep, (additional elements), but we’re shooting on Saturday morning. It’s gonna be a long day, but I’m sooooooooooo excited to get this one in the bag. More details later.

I didn’t wait this long to do a BS video just to do one, so rest assured when I say, this one will be worth the wait.

Wish me luck.
Tone

That is all awesome news! Sounds like we’re in for a treat!

Anyone think the new video may be a new song from the 3rd ep to coincide with its release?

That was my first thought. It would be a great way to promote Polymer before the preorder closes. Tone also said on Facebook that he will announcing the third EP shortly.

Friis said:That was my first thought. It would be a great way to promote Polymer before the preorder closes. Tone also said on Facebook that he will announcing the third EP shortly.

Edit

So if it’s a track from the EP’s we’ve already heard then my guess is Use Me.. but selfishly I would like to seem Demon.

My guess is still moment

This went extremely well, btw. Wink

QN5 said:This went extremely well, btw. Wink

NICE! I’m super excited to see how this turns out.

http://instagram.com/p/rf—ffDrr4/?modal=true

10518290_271861896341534_1475791357_n.jpg

Polymer video nĂºmero dos in the bag! I’m really excited to find out which songs they are for.

Most recent one looks like moment, pretty sure the first video will be a song from hunterto coincide with the new ep release.

So happy to finally have some new videos happening.

Tone, do you find it hard making videos as you’re such a creative mind - you probably struggle to find video directors on the same wave length as you.