close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff New Tonedeff Music Videos ...

Scott A. said:Tone, do you find it hard making videos as you’re such a creative mind - you probably struggle to find video directors on the same wave length as you.

To answer your question, in the Hunter thread Tone said:

Tonedeff said:WOW!

Just as a heads up, that video was shot a very long time ago, and much of what was on that warboard has been changed/adjusted (ESPECIALLY regarding the videos - alot of folks flaked - as usual)

JTX said:Most recent one looks like moment.

Because of the Hectic Zeniths t-shirt? Or did I miss something else?

JTX said: pretty sure the first video will be a song from hunterto coincide with the new ep release.

That would definitely make sense. But I recently remembered that Tone said, back on one of the first livestreams, that he would be doing a video for Sunrise with McStay. Obviously, the plans could have changed since.

I think we’ll get a video for each month before pre-orders close to get as much exposure as possible. Hunter video in September, another in october, and one in November for the last push.

Video #3 has been shot. Smile

Damn ! You’re on a roll !
Can’t wait to see a new Tonedeff video. It’s been too long.

Supahbuldozer said:Damn ! You’re on a roll !
Can’t wait to see a new Tonedeff video. It’s been too long.

SERIOUSLY! I can’t even begin to tell you how much work it’s been getting all of this together. Epic-levels of sleep deprivation, hustling and whatnot. Alot of charity involved too in terms of help. It’s really nice to know that there are still people that care & believe enough to donate their time & talent to help me realize these ideas. I think y’all are gonna be REALLY happy with them. I know I am so far.

I can’t believe these are your first videos since Move in Ride out. I’m soooooooooo excited though. Should we expect it to be released before or after the release of the Hunter EP?

HYPE ON A TRILLION! These videos are going to be fuckin awesome

Apatico said:I can’t believe these are your first videos since Move in Ride out. I’m soooooooooo excited though. Should we expect it to be released before or after the release of the Hunter EP?

the video for Water is pretty cool.

I doubt this is the case (and I know they’ll be shit hot regardless of choice) but I would really like to see videos for the two title tracks so far (+Hunter?) as they have been my two favourite tracks from Polymer and for me the most representative of this body of work so far.

I can also imagine some grimy imagery for glutton and some fancy eye-catching quick-cuts for Demon.

http://instagram.com/p/sQGicqCve2/

Well, now we know that the video with Deacon is for a Demon track.

I think “Lucky” is just too, too good to not have a video. Song of the year for me.

So I posted this idea for the competitive nature video in the Hunter thread but I wanted to add an alternate ending.

“I was thinking of an idea of a video, actually it’s more about how people are. I see us fans as a group of people that speak a rare language that most of the rest of the world doesn’t understand and we too don’t understand the language that the majority of the world is speaking. But neither sides know that they’re speaking a different language and complain when they try to communicate to the other side and fail. In fact each side thinks that the other side is being willfully ignorant when in fact it’s just a language barrier that neither can help. In this “speaking/hearing” is a metaphor for “liking” and “language” is a metaphor for “music”. You can have the main character (Tonedeff) going around the world looking for others that speak his language but finding a hard time, only finding a few each year. This having Tonedeff worried that his language will die out and become extinct. Fast forward 20 years in to the future and the majority of the world is speaking Tonedeff’s language.

I think that ending is fitting for if the video does see public success then it will be like a prophetic video. Although I’m reluctant to give the story a happy ending because that’s not how life is. The movie “The Network” was on TV yesterday.”

I was thinking an alternate ending to speak more toward the whole idea of not needing another person to validate the level of greatness of your art is for in my story at the end instead of 20 years in to the future with the world having more people speak Tonedeff’s language, instead Tonedeff becomes happy with talking to himself. I know that sounds crazy but it’s a metaphor for not needing anyone else but yourself to hear the music to feel good about the music you make. The only person you need to tell you how good your music is is yourself. This would also kind of play on the Narcissus story and Tone becoming a Narcissist, loving himself.

You can’t make them love you, No.

Amplifya had a good idea too, it’s not as radical and crazy as my idea but I feel like the message of the song is that you don’t have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Do you think we will see one of the new videos this week before the preorder window closes? Or maybe Tone will be saving them for the release of the retail version.

We’ve decided to save them for the retail release in order to create a bigger splash & more momentum. We guarantee, ALL of them are worth the wait. Smile

Will the videos be included in the Polymer preorder packages?
(Yes I’m greedy but no harm in asking, right?)

Either way, I’m really looking forward to seeing these!

Rhys said:Will the videos be included in the Polymer preorder packages?

Most likely not, but we’ll see.

QN5 said:

Rhys said:Will the videos be included in the Polymer preorder packages?

Most likely not, but we’ll see.

Ooh if so, a dedicated section for them on the DVD would be neat.

Video #6 in production.

FYI - the DVD that comes with the Polymer CD will contain the documentary only.

6 videos!!!?

the world is not ready

When are we gonna find out WHICH SONGS these videos are for? Can we at least know that? Very Happy

Edit: Guess the video hangman?

My guesses:

Competitive nature
Sunrise
Moment
Lucky
Demon
Phantom video
Phantom video

I doubt this will be it, but it’s my wish-list regardless:

Glutton
Demon
Crispy/Use Me
Narcissus
Competitive Nature
?Phantom Video?

It’d be dope if this became a video EP. Like if the videos together told a story. Still dope to have videos otherwise and I’m sure the concepts of the videos will be dope. Dope that there will be a video for Competitive Nature.

He’ll probably shock everyone and drop an x rated filthy video.

JTX said:He’ll probably shock everyone and drop an x rated filthy video.

hahahahahah….....

Assuming none of the videos this far are for Phantom material, I think they include:

Glutton
Sunrise
Demon
Moment
Lucky
Competitive Nature

Maybe Moment or Lucky replaced by Hunter.

I know that these videos seem primarily for promotion purposes so they’re likely to be the more accessible tracks.. but I’m really intrigued to see what crazy shit he could pull off with some of the more obscure ones.

Also I found myself hearing the beat to Crispy in an entirely new way the other day. I always enjoyed the production and thought it fit thematically but didn’t see it working as a traditional single. However I was listening again and it started to remind me of some Prodigy/Noisia stuff that I see played on TV adverts and public spaces that somehow works. I feel like it would need an edited version that maybe ditched the talking in between verses in exchange for a chorus or something - but I think it could work.

Just a thought, if you guys could make a story out of the already released Polymer songs what songs would you use and in what order?

I’ll post mine soon.

Maybe this would be best suited in the Polymer anticipation thread.

Tell a story with the available Polymer songs.

Sidenote - The video concepts are non-sequitur.