close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff What’s Your FAVORITE Song on the Demon EP?

POLL › What's Your FAVORITE Song on the Demon EP?

Moment 12
Demon 15
Crispy (192) 2
Use Me 19
Cinder 1
Total Votes: 49

Now that you’ve had some time to marinate on the music, what’s your favorite song on the EP and why?

Demon - I love the way the flow/rhyme pattern melds with the production, but my favorite part on the song is actually the singing portion and the drop, the production+singing+fjer’s accompanying vocals, that whole section is just mind blowing to me. It’s the kind of quality I expect from hyperrealism. I also love the verse on the trial against time. The song just fires on all cylinders and is the perfect example of tonedeff’s versatility. It’s a top 5 tonedeff song imho.

The more I listen to the EP, the more convinced I become that “Moment” is a top 5 Tonedeff song for me. The writing, the rhythm, the chorus that is hauntingly beautiful in the context of the song - it’s just incredible from start to end.
But I can honestly say that I love every second of the EP. The title track is extremely impressive and could easily end up being my favorite.

JTX said:Demon - I love the way the flow/rhyme pattern melds with the production, but my favorite part on the song is actually the singing portion and the drop, the production+singing+fjer’s accompanying vocals, that whole section is just mind blowing to me. The song just fires on all cylinders and is the perfect example of tonedeff’s versatility. It’s a top 5 tonedeff song imho.

^^^^^^^All of this. and then the final blast at the end tops it off perfectly.
“Moment” is in a close 2nd, though.

my favorite is “Use Me”. I love the drums at the beginning, and the entrance of the synths is AWESOME. Lyrically, its the song on the EP i can relate most to. Tone wears his heart on his sleeve on that song, and it may be my new all time favorite Tonedeff song.

Demon for sure. Just everything about that track was perfect.

I think I said Crispy was my favorite in another thread, but It’s really hard to choose. The first 4 tracks are all just too damn good. I think I’m going to have to go with Demon at the moment. The “You will not slow me down” and “Oh Demon!” add so much to the song it’s crazy. Everything on that track is insane.

the whole EP is amazing i don’t think there’s a song in there better than the other, again Tone you created a new genre in my opinion. I voted for moment just because it’s the first track that starts this greatness of an EP.

I love the whole EP but ‘Demon’ is definitely my favorite. I think that track is the greatest display of rapping I’ve ever heard - the entire world needs to hear that shit!

Moment - of all the lyrics, I found these the most relevant personally. Love the hook. I like the delivery throughout, and especially liked it when Tone got a gruff tone in the 2nd verse.

Demon’s lyrics are insane, but I found Moment easier to digest
Crispy is just mind-blowing…
Use Me is awesome. Probably my 2nd favorite.
In other words, the EP is simply amazing

Thought I posted in this already..

Easily “Demon”.

I love the whole EP and I could talk a lot about each song individually, but this one sticks out above the others. The sound and style of Polymer so far has taken many of us off our guard and probably never so more than this. I will always remember the first time I heard this and how my thoughts developed as different elements were brought in and out. I never expected anything like this when the EP was released - and that’s a feeling that is more powerful than hearing just a good song.

I absolutely love the production in every facet - and it doesn’t even have/need drums. Hearing Tone go that fast over 6/8 time signature is completely hypnotic. The lyrics tie in so effortlessly into the production and theme as Tone BATTLES AGAINST TIME. It’s desperate and it makes you feel as such. The breakdown with Tone and FJER singing is beautiful and floaty - and then transitioning back to absolute chaos is total bliss.

And as if it needed another reason: YOU. WILL. NOT. SLOW. ME. DOWN. (O Demon!)

I didn’t answer sooner because it’s a really really difficult choice.
There’s not a single song I don’t like out of this EP and I very rarely listen to a song on it’s own.
If a song from the EP comes up at random, I can’t help but put “Moment” back on and listen to the whole thing.

With that said, I’d have to put Demon on top, for all the reasons said above. I especially love the break with Fjer. The other songs are incredibly close though.

Moment is up there for me too. For some reason it won’t let me post the lines I liked in here or the lines thread, it keeps coming up with error messages saying it’s recognizing the posts as spam. It’s the lines at the end of the second and third verse on moment though, I just love them. “We’re born at the entrance to the passage of time / a form that’s defenseless to its savage design” and ” Time flies and it heals all wounds it’s an angel, that’ll strangle you while it saves you”

When the EP first dropped, Moment was definitely at the top of my list. The delivery on “hold onto this moment…” is just so perfect. That pregnant and contradictory mixture of anxiety and determination. And then the way Tone almost mournfully sings the hook: “I hope you’ve had the time of your life.” It’s still my favorite, but listening back it’s really hard to pick just one choice.

Demon takes that anxiety, that fear that life will pass you by without you having done anything meaningful, and turns it up past eleven. I appreciated it on a conceptual and musical level when I first heard it, but it resonates with me on an especially emotional level now as I’m passing through one of my low moods. That itching sensation that something outside of yourself—that is simultaneously borne of your own neurosis—is in control of your life (“O, Demon!”) is represented really well. And as Epic articulated so well: dat bridge.

Use Me is just so fuckin’ gorgeous. Loyal Part 2. Brings a tear to my eye, for real.

Use Me! It’s sooooo goooood!

funny-sports-pictures-college-football-texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

fgdallasfinalsjerk.gif