close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Tv in 2014

Shows I plan to watch this year:

Game of thrones
True detective (Alexandra Daddario, omg)

That’s all I can really think of right now. I’m still catching up on sons of anarchy so it’ll be a while until I get to the current season. I might try boardwalk empire again, couldn’t really get into it too much before.

True Detective X2

also, if you want an excellent cartoon, Nick’s TMNT.

Game of Thrones >>>>>

Rescue Bots season 2 starts March 1st finally!!

That new TMNT is cool my son loves that show too, but there’s a alot of entertainment value in it for adults too.

I need to get on it with True Detective I missed the first season.

I have “Helix” taped from sci fi…. My friend says its good hit idk yet.

Me and my gf also plan on rewatching breaking bad at some point soon.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:Game of Thrones >>>>>

Rescue Bots season 2 starts March 1st finally!!

That new TMNT is cool my son loves that show too, but there’s a alot of entertainment value in it for adults too.

I need to get on it with True Detective I missed the first season.

I have “Helix” taped from sci fi…. My friend says its good hit idk yet.

Me and my gf also plan on rewatching breaking bad at some point soon.

True detective is still airing its first season.

^ ohhh ok gotchtya. Ill have to have my brother in law hook me up with his HBO plus password so I can watch that.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:^ ohhh ok gotchtya. Ill have to have my brother in law hook me up with his HBO plus password so I can watch that.

Ya, I need to get a password from a friend too. More than likely I’ll be waiting for the blu ray though.

Final two parts of Season 2 of The Bridge, (Danish/Swedish co-production) tonight. I know youse guys don’t get much (any?) foreign-language TV in the US, but this is currently the best thing on UK TV by a mile in my book, and has attracted quite a cult following. Well done the BBC for providing a prime-time Saturday night slot.

Epic and other British posters; any more fans?

On the fence about Sherlock Series 3 so far.

A little too flashy, circlejerky, precious. The essence of the series—good mystery storytelling—seemed to get lost. The clip-show style of episode 2 was great—I actually loved it. But episodes one and three were kind of meh.

Not to spoil anything for those who haven’t seen the finale, but I feel like I got manipulated a little bit more overtly than I generally like when watching movies or TV.

GThat was the general view here, too, deS. A bit too pleased with itself, and the writersmore intersted inshowing how witty they were than in actual storyline and stuff.

The return of 24, Walking Dead, Orphan Black, Under the Dome, Newsroom, Falling Skies, Continuum, Louie. I’m not really watching anything right now.

This may be buried in one of the TV threads somewhere, but did anyone else notice the Mighty High Coup song that was on a Breaking Bad episode? I noticed it my second time watching the episode a while back. I actually wasn’t familiar with the song, but I was like wtf that sounds exactly like SOS… *whips out shazam…*.... “That IS SOS!” haha. pretty cool.

It was in Season 4 Episode 4 “Bullet Points”

during this part:

“Jesse arrives home to find partiers mellow and wolfing down pizza. He heads upstairs to play video games, and finds his money is gone.”

The track is “The 808 Track”

Probably the best ever episode of Walking Dead.

Continuum and Orphan Black return in April.

Anyone check out dusk till dawn on el Rey? I’m really hesitant…

I haven’t watched this little TV in years. Not cool.

TD ended, loved it up until the finale, which was not bad. GOT will be back soon, but I’m not even keeping up with Walking Dead. Honestly I think the most enjoyable shows on right now are Community, Parks and Rec, and Big Bang.

Agents of SHIELD, I can’t watch that show and look at myself in the mirror. I read comics, no need to watch that show. I’d rather rewatch Buffy or Firefly. Is anyone still watching that show? Let me know if they turn it around.

The Trashman said:I haven’t watched this little TV in years. Not cool.

TD ended, loved it up until the finale, which was not bad. GOT will be back soon, but I’m not even keeping up with Walking Dead. Honestly I think the most enjoyable shows on right now are Community, Parks and Rec, and Big Bang.

Agents of SHIELD, I can’t watch that show and look at myself in the mirror. I read comics, no need to watch that show. I’d rather rewatch Buffy or Firefly. Is anyone still watching that show? Let me know if they turn it around.

I loved true detective so much, can’t wait to get the blu-ray in june. Right now the only new shows I’m watching are house of cards, and game of thrones. I just got hbogo so I have a lot of other shows to catch up on as well. I still want to finish the sopranos, six feet under, the wire, and curb your enthusiasm. The only show I can think of that’s coming out later this year that I want to watch is orange is the new black. I guess I might also give gotham a chance but I’m not expecting much with it.

Numonic said:Probably the best ever episode of Walking Dead.

Correction… Sunday’s episode was probably the best ever episode of Walking Dead. That shit was insanity!

I’m just glad they paid homage with Joe’s neck. That arc and this following one were some of my favorites within the books. Rick goes hard in the paint.. or blood.

I do kinda hope they don’t stretch the cannibals arc out into an entire season though, but since the TV producers have changed them quite a bit (luring people vs. hunting tactics) they might just stretch it out and give a whole backstory on everyone at Terminus and yadda yadda. Either way I’m sure it’ll be interesting.. and I wonder if they’re still gonna have someone be the tainted meat.. and who?!

Blue Schoolers got no love for Hannibal? It’s the only show I’m following atm…I like it better than True Detective. I want to try watching Orphan Black though.

Hannibal is slept on like a mufucka.

Guess I need to check out hannibal as well. Hopefully it’s on netflix.

R.I.P. Community. Gone too soon. #sixseasonsandamovie

I take it youse guys have had the Fargo TV series? Only just started un the UK,and I’m loving it.

I think I’m going to give Rosemary’s Baby a chance. I was never a huge fan of Zoe Saldana but I saw a clip of her performance on the show, the part where she was arguing with her husband about the doctor of the baby and getting a second opinion or something and she sold me.

Resurrection was cool but I saw that last seen coming a mile away, well as soon as that black family said they were looking for their son.

Continuum is still cool and so is Orphan Black.

24 is back, going to check it out after this Nets game. First episode of the new season was cool. It just brought a smile to my face to see Bauer back on the screen.

Under the Dome and Falling Skies return in June. TV has been holding it down this year.

Almost forgot, new episodes of Louie too.

Seen trailers for both Hannibal and Fargo. Both look cinematically dope, i guess is the word I’m looking for but I’m not really interested in the story or concept of either of those shows. I’m weary of Rosemary’s Baby also because I’m not in to ghost stories. Aliens and zombies are my thing.

Fargo is what’s up.

Has Agents of SHIELD gotten any better? I heard they added Deathlok to the cast. Pretty cool character.

Just found out about this show on Tru TV called The Carbonaro effect. He’s a magician on a hidden camera show. Saw the 1st episode. Promising but that shoe lace trick was so obvious how he did it. You can see the tied shoe lace of the shoe is covered by the.cuff while he obviously has untied shoelaces in the pants leg that you can see him pull up when he pulls the pants leg up to show the tied shoelace.

Going to check out the other episodes of it.

It is insane how many episodes of Louie this season mirror my life at the same moment of the airing of the episode. I type this now as I sit in the dark after a storm that passed caused a black out. But that’s not all, many of the other episodes this season are relatable.

Anyone watch the new hbo show “the leftovers”?

JTX said:Anyone watch the new hbo show “the leftovers”?

I was thinking of checking out that show but I don’t know, trailer didn’t pull me in enough.

Continuum and Orphan Black had a good season.

Trying to follow Falling Skies, mostly because I’ve been following it from the start but I don’t know, I might pull the plug on it this season.

Same thing for Under The Dome, even though we’re only one episode in, it looks like it might be crappy. I might have just liked the novelty of it.

Spoiler Alert

It also sucks that they killed off that hot Spanish chick/cop. Not the best way to start the season.

Spoiler End

24’s been okay

Numonic said:

JTX said:Anyone watch the new hbo show “the leftovers”?

I was thinking of checking out that show but I don’t know, trailer didn’t pull me in enough.

Continuum and Orphan Black had a good season.

Trying to follow Falling Skies, mostly because I’ve been following it from the start but I don’t know, I might pull the plug on it this season.

Same thing for Under The Dome, even though we’re only one episode in, it looks like it might be crappy. I might have just liked the novelty of it.

Spoiler Alert

It also sucks that they killed off that hot Spanish chick/cop. Not the best way to start the season.

Spoiler End

24’s been okay

It’s pretty strange. It almost felt like an nbc network show or something at the beginning of the episode. It’s written by Damon Lindelof though, so yeah, they already said the mystery of why everything is happening will never be solved. It’s more about the characters and how they’re dealing and coping with everything that’s going on. It has my attention though and I’ll at least watch a couple more episodes to see how things play out.

I just can’t get in to the Leftovers show. The first two episodes were meh and I fell asleep trying to watch episode 3. Just not my thing.

There is this Children of Men type show called The Lottery where no one on earth can get pregnant. I just saw the commercial for it but it’s going to be on Lifetime. Never watched any shows on Lifetime but the concept sounds interesting.

Actually just found out the show is from the makers of the movie Children of Men.