close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Tv in 2014

Lifetime? I’ll have to ask my grandma about that Smile children of men is a great movie though.

Lol yeah I don’t know about watching a show on Lifetime, but I will.

Another show I want to give a chance is The Strain on FX but for some odd reason it’s still not on demand even though the first show aired Sunday July 13th. And also I can’t get the FX channel on my online access. I have Verizon Fios. Anyway it’s playing some time tomorrow, guess I’ll catch it then.

Edit: just realized that I can watch it on FX’s video on demand website. Actually Verizon Fios is not currently allowing access to FXNOW which sucks.

Numonic said:I just can’t get in to the Leftovers show. The first two episodes were meh and I fell asleep trying to watch episode 3. Just not my thing.

There is this Children of Men type show called The Lottery where no one on earth can get pregnant. I just saw the commercial for it but it’s going to be on Lifetime. Never watched any shows on Lifetime but the concept sounds interesting.

Actually just found out the show is from the makers of the movie Children of Men.

Y:The Last Man should be a show, it’s a great book.

The Strain is so so. Another vampire flick. Have no idea what direction del torro is bringing it.

I can’t get into the leftovers either, I made it two episodes deep, then realized it is just lindeloff doing a “character study,” which I could give two shits about the characters on that show. We had a good run with True Detective, Fargo, etc. Time to wait for Better Call Saul hahah.

Now we’re talking Lindeloff, what did y’all think of Lost as a show? And particularly, what did you think of the ending?
I personally think the ending was alright, but I just think the genre of the show changed completely if you compare Season 1/2 to 5/6.

I know it’s not really a recent show, but I finished watching it like a year ago

Porsborg said:Now we’re talking Lindeloff, what did y’all think of Lost as a show? And particularly, what did you think of the ending?
I personally think the ending was alright, but I just think the genre of the show changed completely if you compare Season 1/2 to 5/6.

I know it’s not really a recent show, but I finished watching it like a year ago

I really liked Lost in the beginning, and then I don’t even know why exactly but I totally fell off of it… found better things to do than watch it, I guess… I feel the same thing might happen with Leftovers because it IS pretty similar to Lost when you think about it: a bunch of people disappear, epsiodes seem to zero in on one character at a time—with flashbacks—and it’s close to overbearing with religious and philosophical undertones… but that being said, I am enjoying Leftovers so far, missed last night’s episode though.
But back to Lost, word has it they only had the beginning and the end written when it started, so all the in-between seasons were developed as the show gained popularity. I also heard they were rewriting and changing their initial ideas as popular opinion came out—hence why things like the smoke monster became less prevalent at first, putting more focus on the Others, and the scenes in the mental hospital where you saw various people from the island in the background never went any further than an episode or two. Also probably why the seasons changed in tone over the years…. someone verbally ruined the ending for me, so I never actually watched it. Do you think it’s worth watching anyway?

Yes, it is worth watching. It wasn’t what I had hoped from the beginning, but it is definitely worth watching. It brings some sort of closure.

about as much as Prometheus did…. haha. Okay maybe not that bad.

lol… k i’ll revisit it then, but not as a priority Wink

The Strain is not bad but I have to see more episodes but what makes it good is that I want to see more episodes.

I’m also checking out Extant which is also not bad and has me interested.

The Lottery seems nice too.

Still trying to figure out where Under the Dome is going with it’s story, same with Falling Skies. I’m even giving Last Ship a chance but I’m not sure how far they can go with stories on the ship.

I watch a lot of TV but I realize it’s been a while since I came across a new funny sitcom. All the comedy I get from TV is from reruns of old shows. What happened to comedic sitcoms? I’d like to find a new funny sitcom.

Falling skies was good up until Lexi. They really need to just kill her off and get back to the fighting.

I thought Gotham was excellent!

Ya I liked the pilot, a lot better than I was expecting. Looking forward to the flash too.

Finally getting some use out of my Netflix, started watching The Blacklist first season.

The Newsroom WTF!

Also been following The Affair on Showtime along with the regular shows I’ve been watching.

The Blacklist season finally was sick too. Walking Dead was dope, and I watch talking dead and it was tough to watch that mid season finally episode of talking dead.

Sons of Anarchy, Gotham, Blacklist, Walking Dead were all great this season. I would probably recommend Gotham the most though.

Been mad busy but someone make a 2015 tv thread, because I want to say I’m excited that there will be a 12 Monkeys series on SciFi thus month. Kind if based on the movie. I like time travel shows and movies, speaking of which did that project whatever it’s called movie drop, should check the 2015 movie thread to see if ya’ll are talkin about it. Hate that I’ve been too busy with other stuff lately and will be for the next couple of months.

Black mirror on Netflix. British show. Maddd fucked up.

2 by four said:Black mirror on Netflix. British show. Maddd fucked up.

Black Mirror is incredible. My favourites are definitely episodes 2 and 3 from season 1. Such a brutally poignant look at current day society through the lens of future technology - episode 2 especially.

^ That sounds very very interesting.

Whenever I finish The Wire and watch the first season of True Detective I think I’ll check that show out.

I am very aware I am way late to the part but god damn the wire is so good (just about done with season 1).

P.S…. I always think that your avatar is actually you Timo… it tricks me everytime haha

Watched Death Note (English dub) on Netflix last week, what an excellent show. Not from 2014, but they just recently added the English version.

I was locked on that show for about a week straight, watched all 30-some episodes. I’m not even a huge anime guy. It just reminded me of Dexter Season 2, when Dexter and Doaks were facing off. Such mind games, and Death Note even moreso.

Love the super intelligent characters and their different views of justice. L is the man.

10/10.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:^ That sounds very very interesting.

Whenever I finish The Wire and watch the first season of True Detective I think I’ll check that show out.

For what it’s worth, each episode is about an hour long and acts as a self contained story.. so it’s not much of an investment time-wise.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:P.S…. I always think that your avatar is actually you Timo… it tricks me everytime haha

I’d actually forgotten that it wasn’t. Looks more like me than him imo

The Trashman said:Watched Death Note (English dub) on Netflix last week, what an excellent show. Not from 2014, but they just recently added the English version.
Love the super intelligent characters and their different views of justice. L is the man.

10/10.

Co-sign. Only noticed that it was on netflix last night. I must say that the mid section of the anime is kinda weak, but the first 10 or so episodes are pretty great.

Epic Aesthetic said:

2 by four said:Black mirror on Netflix. British show. Maddd fucked up.

Black Mirror is incredible. My favourites are definitely episodes 2 and 3 from season 1. Such a brutally poignant look at current day society through the lens of future technology - episode 2 especially.

Episode 2 is my favorite for sure. Awesome dystopian take. And the use of Irma Thomas cover as well. Toby Kebbell crushes it in Episode 3.

As well as Black Mirror, did you guys also get Inside No. 9? Somewhat similar series of one-off stories, but more of a black comedy in style. Apparently a second series is on the way.