close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Movies in 2014

Thanks for that promo code JTX… gunna try and use that after work.

damn trashman… you’re going to make me spend a bunch of money I shouldn’t now haha

QN5 said:Movies seen recently that were enjoyable:
Under The Skin: B+
How To Train Your Dragon 2: C
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: B-
Stories We Tell: A
Band of Brothers: B+

Tone, we all know why you gave Under the Skin a B+ hahah.

Guardians of the Galaxy was prolly one of the most entertaining flicks I have seen all year, prolly the best marvel movie to date (but im a huge James Gunn fan). All extremely well balanced characters, character development is superb, action dope, dialogue fuckin hilarious… the post credits haha I dunno people will laugh for sure

Edit: how can I forget to mention the ridiculously awesome soundtrack

^ That’s awesome to hear. I’m going to see it tonight!

Yeah Guardians was great.

Not that the soundtrack needed changing in any way (it was awesome) - but I could totally imagine Urutora Kaiju playing as the credits rolled. Well paced, charming and knowing when not to take itself too seriously.. definitely one of the best Marvel movies to date.

I didn’t enjoy guardians as much as everyone else. Most of the humor wasn’t all that great and the crude jokes/cursing sounded forced imo. I also was kind of underwhelmed with rocket. I loved Drax and groot though and the soundtrack was excellent. Cap 2 is still my favorite much movie right now, and this year my fav movies are enemy, under the skin, apes, and Godzilla.

I really can’t wait for interstellar and gone girl. Trailer 3 for interstellar blew me away.

2 by four said:

QN5 said:Movies seen recently that were enjoyable:
Under The Skin: B+
How To Train Your Dragon 2: C
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: B-
Stories We Tell: A
Band of Brothers: B+

Tone, we all know why you gave Under the Skin a B+ hahah.

Naturally. Smile

JTX said:I didn’t enjoy guardians as much as everyone else. Most of the humor wasn’t all that great and the crude jokes/cursing sounded forced imo. I also was kind of underwhelmed with rocket. I loved Drax and groot though and the soundtrack was excellent. Cap 2 is still my favorite much movie right now, and this year my fav movies are enemy, under the skin, apes, and Godzilla.

I really can’t wait for interstellar and gone girl. Trailer 3 for interstellar blew me away.

Understandable. Interstellar looks insane. If it wasn’t Nolan I prolly wouldn’t give a shit. I was worried it was gonna be like “Contact” with most shit happening on earth, but my friend in LA has seen the dailies and it said it’s amazing. 45 mins on earth for act 1, act 2 thru half of act 3 in space then back to earth. I think I’m going to the premiere of gone baby. Shit looks awesome. And Birdman has my serious attention.

Interstellar might be the movie to get me back in the theater in years. Hopefully. That’s just going off of the one trailer I saw. I’ll check out the other trailers.

Gone Girl was amazing. There is this scene in there (you’ll know what it is when you see it) that I can’t get out of my head, it was done so masterfully and will leave you with a wtf did I just watch face. Great pace, score, great performances from everyone (even tyler perry), and I was surprised with how much humor was in it, while at the same time being one of the scariest movies I’ve seen in a while. Rosamund Pike stole the show in this, won’t be surprised if she gets an oscar nomination.

Just bought Imax tickets for interstellar next month, really looking forward to that.

HOOOOOOLY SHIZZZZ

Who’s seen the trailer for American Sniper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbAXWfthtA

In-tense.

worm9103 said:HOOOOOOLY SHIZZZZ

Who’s seen the trailer for American Sniper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbAXWfthtA

In-tense.

Ya I can’t wait for that.

How about Inherent Vice? Can’t u fuckin wait for some new PT Andreson http://youtu.be/wZfs22E7JmI

Can’t wait for nightcrawler and interstellar. Hoping to see nightcrawler this saturday and we already bought imax tickets for interstellar next thursday.

Before I Go To Sleep with Nicole Kidman looks promising.

Nightcrawler was fuckin dope. Gyllanhal’s character is fuckin wild

Can someone help me identify a movie. One night some weeks ago I came home and caught the ending of this horror movie, I’m not going to spoil it but it was a recently released horror movie about a girl who was possessed. The girl had a father, a sister and a brother. There was also some guy with them and they were in this mysterious town that looked to have a secret because they all acted the same. I think it was a 2014 movie, maybe 2013. It was recent and one a cable movie channel, either HBO, Showtime, Stars, Encore, or TMC, those are the channels I have.

need a little bit more plot info or actors haha

2 by four said:need a little bit more plot info or actors haha

True, but if I knew any of the actors, I would have been able to find the movie on my own. As far as the plot, I only caught like the last 15 minutes of the movie but I can say it looked like the town was trying to get rid of a demonic curse that plagued their town, I’m not sure if that was the way throughout the movie but it was like that near the end. It was also sort of passover like, people of the town locked their doors and put some marking over their door that prevented the possessed girl from entering their house.

I searched on-demand for all the horror movies on my cable channels and couldn’t find it.

JTX said:Gone Girl was amazing. There is this scene in there (you’ll know what it is when you see it) that I can’t get out of my head, it was done so masterfully and will leave you with a wtf did I just watch face. Great pace, score, great performances from everyone (even tyler perry), and I was surprised with how much humor was in it, while at the same time being one of the scariest movies I’ve seen in a while. Rosamund Pike stole the show in this, won’t be surprised if she gets an oscar nomination.

Just bought Imax tickets for interstellar next month, really looking forward to that.

Super late on this one, but just watched it and I’m massively impressed.

Easily the best film I’ve watched in a while: smart, tense, well-paced, well-acted and totally unpredictable. The film feels like it changes genre two or three times, has some twists and turns that are dealt masterfully and delivers a harrowingly poignant ending.

I recommend “the guest”, it has a very good score too.

The Guest is fuckin dope. Has an awesome John Carpenter vibe to it around 2nd act and till the end. Dopeness for sure. I’d also check out The Mule (Australian flick), and I just got back from Whiplash, pretty damn ill for a 29 year old director. And go see Inherent Vice if u haven’t, it’s PT Anderson’s lebowski.

Just peeped mad max fury road. If your a George Miller/Mad Max fan peep this shit ASAP. It was incredibly dope. I don’t think it will do so well with the “general public” tho. WITNESS!

Numonic said:Can someone help me identify a movie. One night some weeks ago I came home and caught the ending of this horror movie, I’m not going to spoil it but it was a recently released horror movie about a girl who was possessed. The girl had a father, a sister and a brother. There was also some guy with them and they were in this mysterious town that looked to have a secret because they all acted the same. I think it was a 2014 movie, maybe 2013. It was recent and one a cable movie channel, either HBO, Showtime, Stars, Encore, or TMC, those are the channels I have.

Found it! The movie is called “Nothing Left To Fear”. It came out in 2013. Pretty sick movie.

Mad Max = Awesome.

Jurassic World = First half is promising, then just turns incredibly stupid.

Epic Aesthetic said:Mad Max = Awesome.

Jurassic World = First half is promising, then just turns incredibly stupid.

yuppppp. I shook my head the entire time in Jurassic World. Weak script, nonsensical action, no tension (which made JP1 what it was, and I know this isn’t JP1). If I was 9 years old I woulda dug it. But I was 8 when I saw the first one and can still watch that shit today and be like damn that is a classic fuckin movie, rather than wow this is a childhood guilty pleasure.

Def looking forward to seeing Dope and The Tribe this weekend.

And fucking sold. Take my money.

Deadpool (NSFW) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

Anyone else get Star Wars tickets? Websites were crashing on me last night so I had to buy Sunday tickets to get good seats, everything else was sold out.

Highly recommend Beasts of No Nation. And that soundtrack… damn.