ARTWORK BY: BECKY CLOONAN

TONEDEFF - HUNTER [EP]
1. And They Watched Him [Produced By: Tonedeff]
2. Hunter [Produced By: DJ Static]
3. Lucky (feat. Extended Famm) [Produced By: Tonedeff]
4. Narcissus [Produced By: Tonedeff]
5. Competitive Nature [Produced By: Tonedeff]

[DOWNLOAD NOW]

Within the next couple months. Really hope that sticks.

Featuring Extended Famm.

EFamm track confirmed for it.

Pretty hype for it.

Did he give any hints as to what theme this EP would have? I love that the names are all two syllable nouns with a distinct connotation. It’s just another way how this project seems so well polished.

He actually didn’t give that much away about Hunter, and we didn’t get a snippet from it. He did however play a killer verse from Stan for the new E-Famm. album and a really dope song from Sessions’ shelved Spicasso album. Here is a recap of what I remember from the livestream:
- The “I hear music in my head” track from the second livestream will be on Hunter”
- So will a new E-famm. song as stated above
- The EP will be out within the next couple of months THE LATEST (he also said that he knows it means nothing coming from him, haha – but that is definitely the goal as to not fuck up his plans for the end of the year)
- He feels that Hunter is the most accessible of the EPs because of its style and theme
With the E-Famm. feature I kinda expect the style to be “battle rap” or “fun and lighthearted rapping” but of course with a fresh and creative spin. “I hear music in my head” didn’t sound like battle rapping at all.
He also touched on a lot of other stuff. The most notable that I remember:
- The video that he did with McStay worked out EXACTLY like he hoped it would and he is really excited about it. He didn’t want to give away which song it is for, though, and he is still not sure if he will release it before Hunter drops or after the full Polymer project is out.
- When Polymer is complete, he will try to push it to a bigger audience. I am pretty sure he said that he will be getting a publicist after the official release.
- He has been talking to Sadistik about a collab, but they don’t have anything in the works yet. It will definitely happen at some point though.
- Fjer’s forthcoming EP is much more ambitious and progressive than “A New Start”. Basically, we should prepare ourselves for our heads to explode.
- Like stated in the other thread, Trapazoyd will release his first official mixtape on Marts 25.

Super excited for Hunter (obviously)

I think of Hunter as in Head Hunter… decapitating MCs (or battle raps) like Friis said. Especially with the Extended Famm song on there. Tone is known to surprise though. So who knows.

Did someone record the video or is there a way we can see it back? I live in Holland and so I couldn’t see it.

Really looking forward to Hunter and the new eFamm album. HFYS is one of the, if not the, most prized CDs in my collection.

TRAPAZOYD mixtape is going to be funny AF.

LoG said:Did someone record the video or is there a way we can see it back? I live in Holland and so I couldn’t see it.

I know it got recorded… just a matter of time before it pops up.

Friis I could have sworn that he said the EP will be out in the next couple of months, THE SOONEST. Which means to me no earlier than 2 months, not latest. I could be wrong.

Numonic said:Friis I could have sworn that he said the EP will be out in the next couple of months, THE SOONEST. Which means to me no earlier than 2 months, not latest. I could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure he said a couple months at the latest. I was working though so I may have misheard. Personally I’m not expecting anything before may though. I’m betting it’ll be released mid to late may.

Yeah “soonest” seems like a weird word, but it’s funny that’s what I remember hearing. My mind must be playing tricks on me.

Can’t wait to hear a sadistik collab. Easily my two favorite rappers/artists. I hope the efamm feature is the only feature on polymer though.

He used the word “soonest” - but either way it doesn’t make much difference. Seems like a much shorter wait than what Demon was.

Epic Aesthetic said:He used the word “soonest” - but either way it doesn’t make much difference. Seems like a much shorter wait than what Demon was.

Yea, that 10 month wait for demon was brutal, lol.

Numonic said:Friis I could have sworn that he said the EP will be out in the next couple of months, THE SOONEST. Which means to me no earlier than 2 months, not latest. I could be wrong.

You are right, he did in fact say “soonest”. My bad.

I can’t wait to hear “Music in my head” again, in it’s entirety and in good quality.
Also yay to an extended famm song !

Hunter is the name of my 3 year old son. Though that has obviously nothing to do with the EP aside from the title of it, it still makes me really curious to see what this one will be about.

Tone tweeted that polyblog #3 is going up tomorrow and it’s going to piss people off. Weird, since the polyblogs always come after the ep is released. I’m so scared, lol. I doubt it’s anything catm related, as I don’t see the point of making a blog that’s dedicated to polymer to announce something about another album. Maybe hunter is being pushed back?

there’s a smiley face, so I’m thinking he’s pushing release date UP (pissing people off who just spent their money on CL)

JTX said:Tone tweeted that polyblog #3 is going up tomorrow and it’s going to piss people off. Weird, since the polyblogs always come after the ep is released. I’m so scared, lol. I doubt it’s anything catm related, as I don’t see the point of making a blog that’s dedicated to polymer to announce something about another album. Maybe hunter is being pushed back?

No pushbacks. It’s Demon related.

worm9103 said:there’s a smiley face, so I’m thinking he’s pushing release date UP (pissing people off who just spent their money on CL)

Ah, I didn’t see the smiley face at first, that makes more sense, lol. My mind always goes to worst case scenarios. That makes a lot of sense though, since polymer pre-orders are shutting down after hunter. I’m still pissed I couldn’t afford the format edition for sjv3. I had money saved up for it but other stuff came up. I was hoping to get another polymorph edition but I don’t think I’m going to be able to.

QN5 said:

JTX said:Tone tweeted that polyblog #3 is going up tomorrow and it’s going to piss people off. Weird, since the polyblogs always come after the ep is released. I’m so scared, lol. I doubt it’s anything catm related, as I don’t see the point of making a blog that’s dedicated to polymer to announce something about another album. Maybe hunter is being pushed back?

No pushbacks. It’s Demon related.

Ah, good to hear.

Possibly related to this: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-fastest-rapper-in-the-game/ ? Tone posted a comment on the article under Quintic Nickelism (and it appeared on my FB feed).

Yeah that shit is annoying.

I was having a conversation with someone about fast rap recently and I showed them Crispy - to which they thought wasn’t all that fast because you could still make out the lyrics. Although that’s clearly a lapse of logic, it dawned on me that a lot of people are probably impressed by the fact that some rap is so fast that they can’t actually make it out - hence the prominence of so much mumbly gibberish.

So who do you have to pay to get people to take notice?

Yeah, this is turning into something much larger (and impressive), I’m gonna redirect this into a bigger forum for a bigger discussion. Details as they come.

Epic Aesthetic said:Yeah that shit is annoying.

I was having a conversation with someone about fast rap recently and I showed them Crispy - to which they thought wasn’t all that fast because you could still make out the lyrics. Although that’s clearly a lapse of logic, it dawned on me that a lot of people are probably impressed by the fact that some rap is so fast that they can’t actually make it out - hence the prominence of so much mumbly gibberish.

I showed the song to someone as well and they weren’t impressed because “he’s not even finishing most of the words” :/

JTX said:

I showed the song to someone as well and they weren’t impressed because “he’s not even finishing most of the words” :/

That’s seriously retarded.

QN5 said:

JTX said:

That’s seriously retarded.

Tell me about it. It sucks because I have nearly no friends/family that like the same music that I do, so there’s hardly anyone to share/talk about this great stuff with outside of qn5.com. I did get this message from a friend yesterday though…

photo-3.png