close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 Discussion Campaign to hear Spicasso

Okay so I thought I’d bring this up fresh after hearing a snippet of the unreleased ‘Black Friday’. Haven’t had time to think or plan, but maybe we could pool together and encourage this project to get released.

At this point Session is a pimp and doesn’t seem interested in rapping - whilst Tone is understandably swamped with Polymer and other things… I feel this project won’t materialise on it’s own - it will need a push.

Maybe it won’t be the vision it was supposed to once be, but I know sure as hell I want to hear it (supposedly some of Tone’s best production too). Granted this might not be the best timing, but I thought I would put the idea into circulation.

What ever you come up with, I’m with you. That track was way to dope not to be heard!

I think it wil be a long shot but that track was dope and Need to hear more

CO-FUCKING-SIGN

That Black Friday track sounded so so good. It would be a shame if Spiccaso never got released in some way. I’m with bluthschooler… I think it’s a long shot, but based on hearing the snippet of that one song it definitely sounds like it’s worth rallying for.

We should make a facebook page or something….

Im down to help anyway..gonna post the link to this thread on his fb Wink

I’m in. This track was too good to be hidden away. Even for the artists it must be frustrating to put so much work in a project and then not letting people hear it.

Hell yeah! “Hope” came up in a QN5 shuffle on my iTunes last week and I was blown away. I really need this album.

To me to hold music from the fans means that Session is probably not 100% on retiring from the rap game and is probably going to make a come back where he’ll have a proper release of the music/album. Only thing is, that return time is unknown but releasing the music in an unmixed improper fashion could seem like giving up so maybe the holding back of releasing the music means a future comeback.

Either way I’d like to hear Spicasso.

I know a rapper who held an album that was pretty much complete for 10 years (also not releasing any music in that time) and then coming back after those 10 years with the release of that album. So never say never.

Of course the sooner the return the better.

Although it has been almost 10 years since Spicasso was originally supposed to drop. So I don’t know.

This is a bump. I really REALLY wanna hear this album though. I’ve had the idea for the longest about starting a Kickstarter for this album to come out. I wouldn’t know how to do it though.

I figured I’d throw the idea out there though if anyone DOES know how to do it.

We could share that shit and set up a certain goal for how much we’d be trying to make for it.

It’s a long shot I know but I thought I’d throw that thought out there.

So, I was tangentially involved in a Kickstarter-type project and the amount of hype they had to generate to get their 10k pledge was intense. That said, it can be a cool process.

Here are my thoughts watching all the work that people put into it (other folks with more experience certainly have more insights): 1. 3-4 folks to really manage and promote the campaign. 2. Some content to post in places. A fan-made music video of ‘The Route of Evil’ (or whatever else), an absurd documentary on Session or something. You need something to make people notice it. There are 480 Music projects on kickstarter right now. 3. A plan of action. It needs to be clear. Essentially, we need to get the ransom note from Tone and Session. What are they willing to let ‘us’ do? How much is that going to cost? Kickstarter takes their 10% cut. What are we offering to funders? The project I helped for a charity had some bullshit vague nonsense at first and got zilch. Their second run, they were specific, had a plan, and gave people bumper stickers and it worked much better.

That’s just my experience: Willing to give my time and sweat for sure. I think if we bring some of our own originality to the effort, it could be a unique project. And fuck, what’ve we got to lose?

Revision said:So, I was tangentially involved in a Kickstarter-type project and the amount of hype they had to generate to get their 10k pledge was intense. That said, it can be a cool process.

Here are my thoughts watching all the work that people put into it (other folks with more experience certainly have more insights): 1. 3-4 folks to really manage and promote the campaign. 2. Some content to post in places. A fan-made music video of ‘The Route of Evil’ (or whatever else), an absurd documentary on Session or something. You need something to make people notice it. There are 480 Music projects on kickstarter right now. 3. A plan of action. It needs to be clear. Essentially, we need to get the ransom note from Tone and Session. What are they willing to let ‘us’ do? How much is that going to cost? Kickstarter takes their 10% cut. What are we offering to funders? The project I helped for a charity had some bullshit vague nonsense at first and got zilch. Their second run, they were specific, had a plan, and gave people bumper stickers and it worked much better.

That’s just my experience: Willing to give my time and sweat for sure. I think if we bring some of our own originality to the effort, it could be a unique project. And fuck, what’ve we got to lose?

Yeah I definitely don’t think it would be a good idea to do it without the permission of Tone or Session which is why I brought it up here. Surely it would take a lot of work but like you said. What do we have to lose?