close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tacos & Chocolate Milk Podcast An Open Letter

Dear TACM,

We miss you.

Love,
Everyone

It’s time for two friends to have a recorded conversation.

I really need to catch up on these. I think I’m behind by around 5 episodes. The busy season for work is about to slow down so I’ll have more time to waste at work soon Smile

Funny, I was just about to talk about this.

We’ve literally gotten no listener mail in a few months. Haven’t gotten any comments or questions on the posts, so we’re not sure if anyone’s still listening. Pack & I have been traveling a bit, so it’s been tough to get together to record. We’ll eventually do some more. But we’ve noticed a huge drop-off in response to the episodes. It’s partially our fault for being inconsistent with the releases, but I will say that if there was more clammoring for more content, it’d definitely light a fire under our asses. haha

Hollerate,
Tone

I tried to earlier but the forum wouldn’t let me Sad
I’m definitely eager to hear more ! I miss TACM.
I never have any ideas for questions though…

P.s : Last episode was played 300 times on SoundCloud. That’s a pretty good audience.

Tonedeff said:Funny, I was just about to talk about this.

We’ve literally gotten no listener mail in a few months.

Challenge accepted.

Everyone send something! ( tacos[at]qn5.com )

Of course we’re listening, it’s the best podcast after all. IN THE WORLD.

I think it’s safe to say that it’s fairly clear that Tonedeff, Pack FM, and QN5 in general have a strong fan base. We’ve heard through comments on podcasts that TACM had been very successful (at least in terms of number of podcast downloads, etc.), we’ve seen Tetraheathen rank very highly on Bandcamp, etc.

However we also hear comments during the podcasts about the “five people” (or some small number like that) who must be listening, or disappointment that recently announced projects aren’t generating much buzz on the message boards (I know there’s a separate topic about this).

It’s easy to sit back as a consumer and enjoy stuff as it comes out (podcasts, music, announcements, etc) and I think that this is perfectly normal these days. QN5 music and projects are part of my lunch time discussions on an almost daily basis (a workmate and Blue-schooler introduced me to QN5 in August last year and he hasn’t told me to shut up yet), I eagerly await new TACM episodes and news on what’s going on - I created Instagram and Twitter accounts just for QN5 updates. So far, other than some recent comments on these message boards, the only thing I’ve sent to Tone or Pack was a single Twitter question for TACM that didn’t make the cut. I know I’m not the only one like this…

Others have said that not commenting isn’t the same as not caring (of course!) but at the same time, Tone and Pack (and the other QN5 artists for that matter) aren’t mind-readers and I can understand why they may not be feeling much love from our collective silence.

For those regular posters, you’re obviously part of the referred to 5 (or so) listeners - I’ve heard your names on the podcasts and call-outs on the Livestreams, so it’s obvious your efforts are appreciated by Tone & Pack. I applaud you and thanks for houstonz for starting this particular thread!

Tone & Pack, I will start sending you some of the questions I’ve been thinking about but
haven’t sent to you yet. If the two of you can get together in the near future to record another podcast, I’ll be listening to it as soon as it drops.

From myself, as a fairly new fan, and on behalf of the people who’ve supported you for years, please keep doing what you’re doing. You guys rock!

(Sorry everyone for sending such a long message!)

Yeah well said^

I listen to every single one and love every minute of them. I don’t always comment on the blog posts because I don’t usually have anything to add beyond “good episode!” but maybe I should make more of an effort to do that anyway.

I think there’s a cyclical nature of Blueschoolers fading into the background as they get older. I’ve observed it happen with 2-3 generations of fans, as people’s lives get busier and busier. Also, message boards aren’t the social hub of the internet that they used to be, I feel everything has generally dispersed among multiple outlets of social media. It’s kind of a shame, as nobody ever has anything to say anymore.. just a “like”.

I still check this website more times per day than there are posts, though.

Epic Aesthetic said:Yeah well said^

I listen to every single one and love every minute of them. I don’t always comment on the blog posts because I don’t usually have anything to add beyond “good episode!” but maybe I should make more of an effort to do that anyway.

I think there’s a cyclical nature of Blueschoolers fading into the background as they get older. I’ve observed it happen with 2-3 generations of fans, as people’s lives get busier and busier. Also, message boards aren’t the social hub of the internet that they used to be, I feel everything has generally dispersed among multiple outlets of social media. It’s kind of a shame, as nobody ever has anything to say anymore.. just a “like”.

I still check this website more times per day than there are posts, though.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Yeah, I guess I’m guilty of not commenting more on each episode as well, but I listen to them as soon as they are released. I guess I’m pretty bad at commenting in general, and those who met me (or remember me at all lol) at the MEGASHOWs know I’m not much of a talker anyways lol.

That said, I want me some more TACM.

I love every episode and get so excited whenever one comes out, and try to comment on them when they do. I figured the travelling you two are doing overseas was a reasonable excuse for not putting out one in awhile. But I definitely do hope when I refresh my podcast feed that a new TACM will pop up. And questions are probably sparse because you guys are often funniest when you guys go off on random tangents about what you have done lately, I’m sure there are stories to tell about Australia and Europe!

Definitely need more TACM (and Tranny stories).

I definitely still listen to it and check for it. Tone is right, the inconsistency has been kind of a let down, but we all know that life can get in the way sometimes.

Making my first comment here in about a year to voice my support for TACM! I miss the hell out of this podcast and have been relistening to old episodes.

Please don’t let this die!

I understand you guys are traveling a bit, but it was entertaining to listen to. I hope to you guys continue this.