close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial New Substantial EPs/LP In Progress

Not to mention the cool extra stuff that Stan is adding to the end of each EP. That is quite a cool part of each EP. That makes each a unique experience. Although I wonder what he is going to do for ‘Present’. The past was an old demo (awesome). Always was stream of Substantialness mix. ... What the fuck is guy going to do for the next release?

Two final comments that don’t fit anywhere:
1. You know who would have destroyed the 3-4 EPs then full album strategy? Pack.
2. Please say that I’m not the last one to figure out the title ‘Tony Stanza’? Literally just hit me this morning. Fucking stupid.

Revision said:Not to mention the cool extra stuff that Stan is adding to the end of each EP. That is quite a cool part of each EP. That makes each a unique experience. Although I wonder what he is going to do for ‘Present’. The past was an old demo (awesome). Always was stream of Substantialness mix. ... What the fuck is guy going to do for the next release?

Two final comments that don’t fit anywhere:
1. You know who would have destroyed the 3-4 EPs then full album strategy? Pack.
2. Please say that I’m not the last one to figure out the title ‘Tony Stanza’? Literally just hit me this morning. Fucking stupid.

Pack would do great with that strategy to me. Yeah… it took me a bit to figure out the Tony Stanza title as well.

‘Cool morning’ is a really great track and fits perfectly into the EP. Deborah Bond’s vocals contrast perfectly with what Fjer does in the next track. Stan’s second verse is effortless. And the production (particularly that little flare in the last 15 seconds) is dope. Great song and I am digging this little EP more and more each time.

Thanks guys!

Finally got this burned so I can listen in the car. I really love Algorythym’s production on here. I’d love to see a larger project with him and Stan if that ever feels right. Tony Stanza - Cool Morning - Always is a super dope string of music. Really loving this.

Blessed to be a part of this project.

“Always” is one of my all-time favorite Substantial tracks. Everything came together in that one.

Sidenote… should we make a video for “Tony Stanza”? Smile

Tonedeff said:Sidenote… should we make a video for “Tony Stanza”? Smile

The jean jacket realness would be too much for YouTube. But, do it anyway.

You kidding me? Is this a real question? YES

houstonz said:You kidding me? Is this a real question? YES

I think they’ve already made it and I’ll wager even money that it is a shot for shot remake of the ‘Who’s the Boss’ episode where Tony enters a boxing competition with Angela as his coach. Tony is Tone and Angela is Stan. Marcus D would be Mona…of course. (Note: Yep, looked up ‘Who’s the Boss episodes’ on wikipedia.)

Do we know who is producing the next EP? We’ve had The Other Guys and Algorythm. Who’s got next?

If you haven’t checked out Stan’s work on Constant, do check it out, his lyrics are perfect for early August weather:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEF0FZDlLY4

houstonz said:Marcus D

Thanks for always being in the know.

it’s a gift and a curse (jk)

Saw Stan post somewhere that they’re working on a video for “Lasting Impression” as well as a bonus/surprise. I think that “Tony Stanza” video might come to fruition. Very Happy

houstonz said:it’s a gift and a curse (jk)

Saw Stan post somewhere that they’re working on a video for “Lasting Impression” as well as a bonus/surprise. I think that “Tony Stanza” video might come to fruition. Very Happy

Tony Stanza will hopefully still happen, because I sent Stan a treatment, and then a week later The Foreign Exchange simultaneously made damn near the same video I had in my head. hahah Back to the drawing board…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHctH4s80rs

So, Stan tweets that he’s making a surprise video this week in addition to ‘Lasting Impression’ and Tone tells us in a thread that he’s starting production on another video this week…but we know it is not Tony Stanza (even though they have my amazing Who’s the Boss boxing match idea above just gathering dust…).

Feeling ‘Lucky’?

Revision said:So, Stan tweets that he’s making a surprise video this week in addition to ‘Lasting Impression’ and Tone tells us in a thread that he’s starting production on another video this week…but we know it is not Tony Stanza (even though they have my amazing Who’s the Boss boxing match idea above just gathering dust…).

Feeling ‘Lucky’?

Normally, I’d let the speculation settle in… but since I’m in a sharing mood today, it’s “Competitive Nature”.

But will it include the Broken Arrow outro as well?

Sincerely,
The Insatiable

P.S. I don’t actually expect it to, but that shit is tiiiiight.

houstonz said:But will it include the Broken Arrow outro as well?

Sincerely,
The Insatiable

P.S. I don’t actually expect it to, but that shit is tiiiiight.

Hmmmm.

Tonedeff said:

Normally, I’d let the speculation settle in… but since I’m in a sharing mood today, it’s “Competitive Nature”.

I think I speak for all when I say we like this mood.

Tonedeff said:Sidenote… should we make a video for “Tony Stanza”? Smile

Wait, has there never been any music video with 2 Efamm members in it? I just realized that I dreamt up the video for Ninety5 and it actually never happened. I can’t be right about this, though…if I am right, time to fix this. I can’t believe this. Video Tony Stanza=yes.

Stan and Pack are technically “in” the Move In, Ride Out video IIRC. I don’t think there’s been a video for any collabs like that before though.

houstonz said:Stan and Pack are technically “in” the Move In, Ride Out video IIRC. I don’t think there’s been a video for any collabs like that before though.

Not to get too off track but wasn’t Mecca in that video too? He’s not a part of Extended Famm but still a part of the Plague nonetheless.

houstonz said:Stan and Pack are technically “in” the Move In, Ride Out video IIRC. I don’t think there’s been a video for any collabs like that before though.

Yeah. I meant collabs, but I got to rewatch Move in, Ride Out and Stomp. So, a good day.

Those of you digging Always should check this interview:

https://soundcloud.com/ebisu-1/the-low-down-substantial-interview-2015-09-24

“If Tone and I were ever a group, Tony Stanza would be a pretty cool name.”

Revision said:Those of you digging Always should check this interview:

https://soundcloud.com/ebisu-1/the-low-down-substantial-interview-2015-09-24

“If Tone and I were ever a group, Tony Stanza would be a pretty cool name.”

Real cool interview.

I can’t wait for the new album to come out. Substantial is at the peak of his music career right now in terms of quality work. The last two EPs were some of my favorite solo work of his since Sacrifice.

Everyone should head on over to HipNott’s bandcamp page and check out the dope mash up with Substantial’s ‘Black of All Trades’ lyrics on a joint from The Other Guys recent release. Often times, One great song+One great song=25 interesting seconds of music. This is not that and actually works amazingly.

Can’t wait to see what happens with the next EP with Marcus D. These two are one of my favorite MC/Producer combos in hip hop.

mattthegod said:Can’t wait to see what happens with the next EP with Marcus D. These two are one of my favorite MC/Producer combos in hip hop.

Yeah according to Substantial’s Facebook post: “it’s a slight departure from our traditional Bop Alloy work but there are still hints of Jazz.” I’m intrigued. Marcus D’s work on that La ‘Golden Gun EP’ that came out a month ago was cool…still had his fingerprints on it but a change of pace for sure. I’m down with these two making a non-Bop Alloy thing. Should be cool.