PackFM I came here to find inspiration

to make a push
found none
Sad
must look elsewhere
#justhowifeel
#hashtagsdontworkhere

DO GOOD SHIT. <3

I think there was a T-shirt full of signatures from the megashow that was made for that purpose.

i have it
i look at it every now and then, and it does help for sure
its just rough sometimes, cuz i get to a point and i think nobody cares anyway, i can just fade to black and it’d be all good…and thats a real feeling that you want to beat, and i look for something to prove me wrong and its hard to find it these days

i know i havent been active the past year because taking on that last megashow really took a major toll on me along with other things, but even outside of that finding inspiration was hard. and believe it or not the vocal support of a fanbase is really important, whether its here, tweets, facebook or anything.

i get so amped when i check twitter and i see tweets like “NP PackFM Click Clack & spray” but those are pretty rare.

I try to do things to spark things up but the little things are met with pretty much no response it makes me feel like why bother with the things that take more effort.
sorry to be such a debbie downer, my intent is not to guilt anyone or get a pity party started, cuz honestly thats just as bad as nothing IMO

But i look over here which is supposed to be where my core fanbase is and theres nothing, like nothing, theres a happy birthday packfm post from 2013 thats about 5 or 6 posts under the happy birthday post for this year, and the 2012 one isnt far from that, that means theres just not much going on here.

i dont know, i’ve always had a really quiet fanbase, and i always just pushed through it, its just been a lot tougher to do so the past year or so…
#hashtagswouldreallybecoolhere

It seems like things in general on the qn5 forums are slow. The only times discussions really take off is when a project is released, or at the very least announced with a known release date. Other than that , most sub boards are quiet, even the CL board doesn’t get nearly as much attention as it used to. Social media seems to have killed the forums as most non hardcore listeners get their info from fb or twitter.

Really hope you get the inspiration to keep this going. It’s always great listening to your work.

Coincidentally, I logged on to the forum today to check up on and hopefully contribute to the PackFM discussion since I ended up listening to WDFMS4 in its entirety on my lunch break today and got a little nostalgic. I still have all of your albums on standby for whenever I’m looking for a musical fix that I’m positive won’t disappoint. The go-to, tried and true, consistent rapping excellence that is your music. I was deeply saddened to see this post when I got to the forum. Your fans are still out there Pack! We’re just waiting patiently for the updates (Speaker King, HHR, etc.) and probably don’t speak up as often as we need to. Keep your chin up man.

Yeah, the only two artist sections on the forum that get many comments at all are CL and Tone, both of which have been putting music out over the last year. We all chime in with our excitement based on pre-orders, deliveries and post-listen analysis - and soon after the thing goes dead again.

I wish I could magically click my fingers and make you have thousands more fans and tons of intricate discussion on your board, but there’s no chance of any significant change happening until you release more music.

Many of us were very sad when you said The Human Highlight Reel would be your last album and we were relieved when you said you would be doing Speakerking. I loved the snippets I heard on the livestream and am definitely pumped to hear more.

Finding inspiration and dealing with the idea that nobody cares is tough, but it’s not unique to you Pack, I’m sure there are people around you that can tell you that. I really hope you find the drive to get back into music somehow, even if it’s gonna take a bit longer, because you are a really awesome musician and person - and I, for one, am a big fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYaZWcpJds

jinx8402 said:Social media seems to have killed the forums as most non hardcore listeners get their info from fb or twitter.

I think for the majority, it really boils down to this - I am even guilty of neglecting forums that I once used to frequent. We’re evolving into an age where 140 characters is just enough to hold someone’s attention - and that’s at a push for most people. No one wants to read threads and threads of long posts about something they can summarise in >140 characters.

Discussions and debates are becoming dead as people would rather act like their mini-statements are factual and not to be opposed.

Whuttup FM,

I just heard your album and I gotta say my little brother loves lessons,
But my bro’s a retard with horrible taste and the air that you breath is an oxygen waste…

In all seriousness I’m sorry for being a shitty fan not commenting more on not just yours but all of the artist forums on these boards. I find it difficult to find ways to show my appreciation for what you do, other than buying everything you release and telling you you’re dope on Facebook from time to time I don’t know what I can do. I have tried to support in every way possible, even coming to 2 megashows from New Zealand just because I know you will put on a show unlike any other even if that means spending many thousands of dollars to do so. I don’t know what else to say man. Keep your chin up, you are so fucking good at what you do.

Peace,

Ya boy Ebenezer.

if it helps youre the reason got into QN5 and continuesly listen to IFHR and FMv4 on my way to work.
but iam also not the greatest motivational speaker so sorry for that i guess

I posted this story a while ago, and I know the song was killed last megashow, but when U released Stomp, I was in college and played it at a party. A mosh pit ensued, people were smashing chairs, throwing everything they could find… just wilding out (and these are white kids we are talking about lol) Girls popping out titties, etc. ... I WISH I could have recorded it, cuz it was prolly one of the best parties/moments in my college career. Everyone the next day (pre-facebook political/religious rants) asked me what song that was that tore the house down. I told them, granted they prolly illegally downloaded ur shit, but it got heard nonetheless.

I bump ur shit on the reg man. That’s what great about ur style, it stands the test of time, and it maintains what hip-hop is and should be. AM I WRONG BLUE SCHOOLERS?

Keep your head up and keep making music cuz I fuckin dig it and the people I play it for dig it.

I get what u said on the podcast I think 3 podcasts back, and yea whatever, as long as ur affecting some listeners and having an impact on their life via music, id say there is no greater reward… except getting that donut money in conjunction with that. Keep sane, mang.

Yo Pack!
It’s great to see you on the boards again, although it’s a shame to hear you’re a bit down.

It was great to get a “Yo Rhys” and an answer to my question on the TACM podcast so joining this thread is the least I can do.

I’m really looking forward to your new website and hope to get the chance to hear the earlier Featured Materials as you mentioned you will likely re-release them (first I saw your Twitter comment asking if people would be interested, then you mentioned on the podcast doing it as a package deal).

I hope that you can also reach a much wider audience with Speaker King and any other new stuff coming (which will undoubtedly have new people coming to check out your existing portfolio) but be sure that your existing fans will be enjoying it!
We may not be too vocal, but we’re here and we appreciate your talent.

thanks for chiming in guys, please dont think yall are shitty fans, i never said that or meant to imply that, and im sorry if thats what it came off as. i think yall are awesome honestly and i should have stated that more clearly.

Hey, silent lurker for three and a half years here. Just posting to let you know that there are some fans of yours that not gonna post and comment on shit everytime something happens, it’s not about you, it’s just how some people are. But just remember that we exist, and keep being an awesome MC that you are.

Well with the new website I plan on being a lot more active with content and giving folks things to talk about and be active with on social media.
I would like to do a Livestream update on everything in the beginning of september to get everyone up to speed on whats going on. yall down for that?

PackFM said:I would like to do a Livestream update on everything in the beginning of september to get everyone up to speed on whats going on. yall down for that?

Livestreams are always fun.

And if you ask me, the fact that myself and other Europeans stay up until silly hours in the morning (potentially jeopardising work schedules) just to get a sneak peek into your new material says a lot.

PackFM said:
I would like to do a Livestream update on everything in the beginning of september to get everyone up to speed on whats going on. yall down for that?

umm fuck yeah.

Livestream? Hell yeah. I might not be able to enjoy it live due to time zone differences, but I’ll damn sure do my best.

Featured Material collection re-release would be dope as well, since that would give me a possibility to grab them all and support you as well.

A livestream sounds dope.

I haven’t been a very active fan either. I always lurk and see what’s happening, but I tend to never know how to respond or say to myself I’ll do it later and then never do.

But just to let you know, I still listen to whutduzFMstand4? and IFHR regularly and am eagerly awaiting for new content.
Also , if you DO press a IFHR vinyl, I will buy one without any hesitation.

And I will definitely be attending the livestream.

I always listen to Stomp on a way too high volume before I have something important to do. And I still wear my I Fucking Hate Rappers T-shirt regularly. So, please continue making things that people find really dope.

I am a completely inactive forum person. But I adore you and your music. <3

I, not exaggerating, listen to a PackFM album at least once a week; I have a long commute to work and it definitely helps the time in traffic. And it’d probably be annoying to my followers if I wrote #np Nasty all the time. And I second anyone who says they’ll buy anything you put out on vinyl. I even bought that promotional vinyl with Click Clack Spray on the B side of the Rakim/Talib track just to have something Pack on record haha

not that UGHH are the biggest fans of QN5, but son, u got album of the year from a group of haters… Don’t know how much that means, but I think that is quite the accomplishment.

I think what everyone has said here should get you back into the booth ASAP. Just think of everyone chanting ur name at every damn megashow. That would be my motivation at least.

And on a side note, definitely not trying to tell you what to make music about, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on this stuff in your music, Pack. One of my favourite TACM episodes is the one after you came back from the West Coast tour and were talking about some of stuff like the LA show being empty - because it was so personal and I think really resonated with people on a human level.

I think the average person doesn’t realise how much work goes into a musicians career, their projects or the effort putting on a show can be - and so hearing about that stuff is really interesting and eye opening.

Again, not trying to tell you what to do.. just something that I’d personally like to hear.

There’s a track by Wordsworth that I absolutely adore for tackling some of this stuff (which I’ve only just realised after 10 years was produced by Oddisee): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMD_mNj94Zg

PackFM said:

Absolutely! I’ll be looking forward to that.

Pack! No matter what happens, we your fans have your back. You have our full support. I understand that inspiration must be hard to get sometimes especially with how aggravating this shitty world can be. Just know though that you got the love and support of your fans and we will always look forward to a new PackFM release! Regardless of what happens, You are still one of the best rappers alive hands down.

Sometimes being out of your element/new surroundings helps be creativity or just do something that you normally dont. Please do the live streams that would be great and keep us more active.

I have an idea for you Pack but I think it’s funny because in a recent TACM episode you spoke about how you regretted trying to get CunninLynguists fans but this idea wouldn’t be trying to get their fans but borrowing their idea. What if you did what CL did to create SJV3? The whole fan A&R thing. That way you connect with the fans while at the same time getting ideas for music.

Numonic said:I have an idea for you Pack but I think it’s funny because in a recent TACM episode you spoke about how you regretted trying to get CunninLynguists fans but this idea wouldn’t be trying to get their fans but borrowing their idea. What if you did what CL did to create SJV3? The whole fan A&R thing. That way you connect with the fans while at the same time getting ideas for music.

You should see how hard of a time i give tone with suggestions…that one might take a little more time for me to get into

I’m thinking first week of september for live stream, perhaps mid week