close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff DAMN! .. Holograms (Remix)

I surely cannot be the only one who has listened to the M83 remix Tone dropped earlier today?

http://bit.ly/tonem83

blg_td_m83_holo_cvr.jpg

This is soooooo good. SO GOOD. Fantastic remix, beautiful Tone-esque vocal build up and just a sincere ass verse. It is just so on point. I love how the verse is really long after the really long build up. Tone you genius, you aced yet another track - you’re definitely on a roll.

Show some love for this song!

You’re for sure not the only one listening. Amazing song! I love me some long verses, so this was great.

Ill just repeat what I put in the comment section because I can’t praise this highly enough - possibly the best thing Tondeff has ever done:

“Durag said on Aug 22, 2014:
WOW. Just WOW.

That is actually u singing as well?! As much as I liked your singing in the past, the dreamy effects on your vocals, the echos, reverb, on this song are the best they have ever sounded and the best music they have ever sounded over. I am gobsmacked! The music is beautiful - the type of electronic music I really like - lush, dreamy, soundscapes, and the sung vocals were so perfectly mixed in the rest that I was sure it was M83 on the sung parts and Tone just done the verse.

Tone - as a fan, if you could record more material in this vein it would be a dream. I like the other electronic music you rap over I.e the more dubsteppy electro house stuff but this right here is where u have shone the most IMO. An album with u and M83 😮

Honestly, this could be one the best things you have done yet and I doubt u even realize it. Please do more in this vein.

Utterly amazing. Thank you, made my night! I am goin posting this on twitter ASAP.”

And:

“I listened to it for the fourth time in a row there with my eyes closed and was transported somewhere for 5 amazing minutes. Hip-hop been the genre it is rarely has that power. This does, please create more like this Tone, I am blown away. Literally.”

If hyperrealism wasn’t already on catm level hype for me, then this seals it. Hyperrealism is going to be a fucking incredible album.

JTX said:If hyperrealism wasn’t already on catm level hype for me, then this seals it. Hyperrealism is going to be a fucking incredible album.

This is so true.

But what I love about this is the sung vocals are mixed in with the dreamy soundscapes, it all blends together. If Tone had just sung over this without any effects or blending it in, it wouldn’t have worked IMO. This is like dream pop - in fact it’s better than most dream pop / electronic stuff I’ve heard, and then there’s a dope verse to just seal the deal. Hopefully he does Hyperrealism in this style and he raps on it too, then it cud be amazing.

I’m still amazed at how much M83 suit him, maybe more remixes Tone? A shoutout to them for a collab? Be GREAT exposure

Yep this is awesome!

Having been away at a festival over the weekend I’ve only just got to sit down with it and properly absorb the music and lyrics.

Wow.

I seriously teared up reading and listening at the same time. The verse personifies the bitter-sweet beauty of every romance epic I’ve ever seen, taking me on a journey through pain and suffering.. whilst holding onto that drop of hope that it’ll all work out. Anyone who’s ever been madly in love at some point will testament to just how simultaneously amazing and awful it can be.. especially when the odds are against you and the ideal outcome seems impossible.

I don’t know this ins and outs of the backstory to this song, but it feels like the most exposed I’ve ever heard Tone. I’m pretty sure we’re listening to the inside of his heart and soul here - putting him into an elite class of artists that throw absolutely everything at their artform. He just keeps on getting better and better and better.

And I haven’t even mentioned the gorgeous vocals or the dreamy electronic production that sets the scene.

This is one hell of a track.

JTX said:If hyperrealism wasn’t already on catm level hype for me, then this seals it. Hyperrealism is going to be a fucking incredible album.

This.

lol at the groot gif

I still havent stopped listening to this. I think this is EASILY the best Tondeff’s sung vocals have ever sounded - blended into that lush atmosphere. I am a sucker for some of those dreamy soundscapes so i honestly think this is not far off a masterpiece.

Honestly, Tone may have found a niche of his own here, the only others doing this sort of sound are the cloud rappers, and they are a world away from Tone, but nobody is mixing all these elements together that he has done on this track.

I would love to know who done the mixing / effects on the sung vocals, as they are astounding, so good that a lot of us thought it was actually M83 themselves - was it Tone himself.

I would love if he done more stuff like this, a full album of this type of thing would be brilliant.

Honestly, i am putting this up there alongside “Beyond The Sun”, “The City”, Young Fathers “Low”, and Clippings “Body & Blood” as the songs of the year so far, bearing in mind I still have to properly listen to a few albums yet, but those songs blew me away and realize what i love about music.

Yeah damn and i havent even touched on the verse…. just WOW

I would love to know who done the mixing / effects on the sung vocals, as they are astounding, so good that a lot of us thought it was actually M83 themselves - was it Tone himself.

Thank you! I mix/master all my own stuff.

QN5 said:

I mix/master all my own stuff. Thank you!

Well i really think that you have something there, this is a direction you could really go into, i know i can be a sucker for those dreamy soundscapes but considering your rapping, singing and the fact that you can PERFECTLY master your own vocals into those soundscapes and take the listener somewhere else (which hip-hop rarely does), especially when you use layers, it looks like a match made in heaven to me! No one is doing this sort of thing

Durag said:

QN5 said:

I mix/master all my own stuff. Thank you!

Well i really think that you have something there, this is a direction you could really go into, i know i can be a sucker for those dreamy soundscapes but considering your rapping, singing and the fact that you can PERFECTLY master your own vocals into those soundscapes and take the listener somewhere else (which hip-hop rarely does), especially when you use layers, it looks like a match made in heaven to me! No one is doing this sort of thing

Oh, I know. Stay tuned. Wink

😳😳😳😳😳😊😊😊😊😊

Oh I like the sound of that!