close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Cool Music-Related YouTube vids

And describe it briefly.

This is a mashup some dude made using only videos amateur musicians uploaded to YouTube… it’s kind of amazing. I guess a teaser for an upcoming album of his.

http://youtu.be/WoHxoz_0ykI

It’s awesome.

whaaat! that was amazing. not just because of the youtube collage, it was a damn good triphop/downtempo song on its own. i signed up for his newsletter for the album

Nice! I didn’t expect Kutiman to do another project in the same vein. It’s been a while since Thru You, huh? I really liked a few songs off the first one, namely “I Am New” and “Just A Lady.” Enjoyed this new piece too.

This is really cool sounding!

this is the first time i heard of this guy… i didnt know he was well-known! will have to check out other shtufffff

amplifya said:whaaat! that was amazing. not just because of the youtube collage, it was a damn good triphop/downtempo song on its own. i signed up for his newsletter for the album

Cosign. I’m just surprised this collage thing hasn’t been done before. It could have been done way before YouTube and internet.

people have done similar things (remember the dude that “played” drums and piano—basically threw sticks at the kit and poked the keys—then editted it together to make a song…? gotta be at least 6 or 7 years ago) but this kutiman dude has it perfected. and much more difficult to make it sound so good with found pieces… looking forward to more!

I think I listened to this ten times today… when I first clicked the link it was just over one-million views and most of the links to original artists were between 4- and 20-thousand views… Find it a little unnerving that some of the youtube comments are angry people calling him a thief, when the fact clearly is that as singular clips they weren’t getting noticed nearly as much as when kutiman put them together and made it into musical magic. (And this could pose as a metaphor on society….) Some people are so ready to highlight the faults instead of seeing the beauty—frustrating. (I shouldn’t read youtube comments anyway lol) -end rant-