close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff Tonedeff Tees

So I know I’m a little pre-emptive with this considering there’s gonna be a Polymorph Tee and possibly other Polymer specific ones on the horizon..

But..

I need a/some good Tonedeff T-shirts that I can wear at work/around children. That means no vaginas and no titties. In fact, even a boring black shirt with the lower-case clean font logo on would suffice (or something similar with a clear and simple message). Artsy is cool too, but something not too left-field or kooky. A hoody/crew would also be kinda cool this time of year too.

I want to show my support in public, but the current options aren’t great. Just a suggestion and request Very Happy

tonedeff-definitions-t-shirt-7368.jpg

I do actually really like this one (and own it) but the printing itself is a bit dodgy and the image doesn’t come through that well as a result which is a shame (bought at the megashow in ‘09 or ‘11)

td_polymer_tee_01.jpg

or

td_polymer_tee_02.jpg

?

That’s kinda what I was expecting the Polymorph one to be - with the text on one side and the “Td” logo on the other? But yeah I like those designs. I imagine the Hunter cover would look pretty badass too.

I actually totally agree and also love the Deffinitions tee. Something like that second shirt would be cool.

On a more labor-intensive note, lyric tees with related imagery (like CL’s TOSCS, etc.) would be super fly. Particularly with some of the amazing stuff off the Polymer EP’s. Though I’m sure getting an outside artist to design them would be kinda costly and whatnot. *shrug*

houstonz said:On a more labor-intensive note, lyric tees with related imagery (like CL’s TOSCS, etc.) would be super fly. Particularly with some of the amazing stuff off the Polymer EP’s. Though I’m sure getting an outside artist to design them would be kinda costly and whatnot. *shrug*

It’s not outta the realm of possibility. Any ideas for quotes? They’d have to be short phrases, also.

finding short phrases to pull out is a bit difficult (the phrases often play off of another for measures-and-measures at a time….), but this is what i could come up with so far:

“Let me get some time to snap a photo or two
I’ve got some pictures in my mind I wanna pose in with you. “

“Cause I’m a fucking man – and that’s dedication.
End of statement.”

Super-short quote ideas:

“… the game’s just the lotto in disguise”

“…sheep think everyone’s the GOAT”

“You might wanna take it slow”

So I’m wondering what the situation is with sites like MooseLimited.. do they print Tees by the order? or do you have to print in bulk and therefore keep stock? If it’s by order then I’m assuming it’s relatively risk-free to make new designs available?

The lyric idea is cool, although don’t have any off the top of my head from Polymer yet. I always loved “It seems I’m cruising and they’re still using these crooked stones for wheels” which I could imagine fitting that kind of design.

I shall report back with the utmost dopeness. G’day.

QN5 said:
It’s not outta the realm of possibility. Any ideas for quotes? They’d have to be short phrases, also.

“Time flies and it heals all wounds it’s an angel, That’ll strangle you while it saves you” (might be a little too long) and “Remember the determination of your first step” seems to be recurring favorites. I would love to see those on a t-shirt.

“I am the hunter that went for the jugular” would be cool and garner some pretty crooked looks.

Went through everything and here’s what stuck out to me:

1. “At my core there’s a hole with no heartbeat” - Glutton

2. “I want it all and I want it now/ Your heart, your soul, your doubt” - Glutton
My imagery for this one may be too similar to the tee that’s already out, but here’s what I see: the female from the EP cover viewed from the side/profile as she’s lying down/levitating horizontally where you can see the side with her organs spilling out (feet on the left, head on the right). And have one line written above her and the second below with appropriate font styling and whatnot.

3. “Never is a boulder, teetering on the edge, and your breath can tip it over” - Never

4. “Reaching for Helio’s heights” - Sunrise

5. “I don’t wanna wonder anymore if the sun has risen today” - Sunrise

6. “Waiting for the stars to align, or a plausible sign/ or a law to be signed, As it all swishes by” - Moment

7. “Time flies and it heals all wounds it’s an angel/ That’ll strangle you while it saves you - I’m grateful” - Moment
Would really like to see this one executed.. though I have no idea how.

8. “Cannot shake the feeling - I left a single stone unturned” - Demon

9. “And they watched him - and they laughed” - “And he watched them - and he laughed” - And They Watched Him
I think a tee with “And they watched him - and they laughed” on the front then “And he watched them - and he laughed” on the back with a very subtle graphic could be dope.

10. “Cameras give life to the death on the surface” - Narcissus

11. “Let these torn and tattered clothes impose their stories on the stains” - Competitive Nature/Broken Arrow

It’s all about me me me me me me me me me

I just realized how shitty my lyrics are for t-shirts. haha

QN5 said:I just realized how shitty my lyrics are for t-shirts. haha

what’s that expression? “an artist is always his own worst critic”...?
I feel like if you’re a (super-) fan, they make sense. that’s why i like “you might want to take it slow” because it’s from crispy…. what if the graphic references 192 bpm, maybe…? but ya, i definitely had trouble picking lyrics, because—to me, anyway—the allure of your songs are the whole of it, not just segmented punchlines….

How about “Nothing’s more expensive than experience”

I think that would look pretty sick on a t-shirt!

I like the minimalist approach of the Polymer logo tee. It’s simple yet layered with meaning and I think would elicit more intrigue than spelling it all out with typography. My CATM shirt always receives the most compliments and questions about the image and its meaning, granting me more opportunities to introduce people to Tone’s music & QN5 in general.

I_Khan said:I like the minimalist approach of the Polymer logo tee. It’s simple yet layered with meaning and I think would elicit more intrigue than spelling it all out with typography. My CATM shirt always receives the most compliments and questions about the image and its meaning, granting me more opportunities to introduce people to Tone’s music & QN5 in general.

100% agree. Never been a fan of lyric shirts tbh.

“LONELINESS SITS AT THE BAR YOU SET TOO HIGH”

Good for when you hittin on chickssssss

It’s “loneliness drinks at the bar you set too high” that’s a classic line, it would look pretty cool on a shirt

yeah thats what i meant.

put a graphic of a dude at the end of an empty bar. text on top and bottom… i’d buy 12.

I want that QN5 Goya Shirt.

kinetic-vibe said:

td_experience_tee.jpg

Agreed. Thoughts?

QN5 said:

kinetic-vibe said:

td_experience_tee.jpg

Agreed. Thoughts?

I would buy an XL in a heart beat. That design is awesome. I still don’t have any Tonedeff related T-Shirts so I would buy one as soon as possible.

It’s growing on me (and I’d buy it). I wasn’t sold at first on the lyric or the cluttered design, but after thinking about the alternatives it’s starting to make more sense.

The problem with a lot of those lyric tees is that even though the ideas are cool to us, to a random onlooker they can come across either preachy, cheesy or a bit vain. I think they have to be a little abstract to work.

I would love to see words from Urutora Kaiju accompanied with a killer piece of artwork.. but I imagine this would be tricky to pull off well and not seem like some nerd’s sci-fi fetish.

So far my favourite is the plain Tonedeff text on the front, with a large Polymer logo on the back - on a black hoody.. does that make me boring?

QN5 said:

kinetic-vibe said:

td_experience_tee.jpg

Agreed. Thoughts?

That’s shit’s sexy. I’d cop that in a second

QN5 said:

kinetic-vibe said:

td_experience_tee.jpg

Agreed. Thoughts?

FUCKIN LOVE IT!

Sweet. Consider it done.

HGmL3na.jpg title=source: imgur.com
Anyone want to have fun and pick the Tonedeff lyrics to go with this amazing shirt he designed and posted on twitter?
I’d put “Ain’t no way to replace your mistakes” across the back.

“Kittehs on ma limbz”

Epic Aesthetic said:“Kittehs on ma limbz”

Hahaha

Kittehs, Kittehs on ma limmmmmbz

Make it one of those all-over prints. And maybe a onesie. I’m not totally opposed to the idea of a velour tracksuit either.