close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Music in 2015

JJ Grey & Mofro - Ol’ Glory - 2/24/15
10389199_10152829757349618_3096489922038096421_n.png?oh=8a387d74eeafcb202cbe3a3aa13f84b0&oe=55185A27&__gda__=1427931548_b7d58a2189d3d306377fc611a765b5b9

New song premiered today - http://www.relix.com/media/audio/song_premiere_jj_grey_mofro_santa_claus_true_love_freedom

Chromatics - Dear Tommy - Q1 2015

Dear-Tommy-608x608.jpg

Sheisty Khrist - Cold Winter
Tonedeff - Polymer

Hoping for:
Extended Famm
Kno’s second solo
Deacon solo
Pack fm - Speaker king

Artists I’m anticipating releases from between now and in the year 2015.

Tommy V LP December 19th 2014
Fid Mella & Brenk Sinatra Christmas project December 24th 2014
Catfish and The Bottlemen - “The Balcony” January 6th
Adam Zombie - “Pilgrim State” January 14th
Figure - “Monsters Remix Album” January 15th
Lupe Fiasco - “Tetsuo & Youth” January 20th
Skyzoo x Antman Wonder - Ode to Reasonable Doubt January 20th (just realized this came out a couple years ago, I saw it on the release dates page on access hiphop but looked it up and saw it dropped back in 2013, never heard it but i have come across it before, the cover looks familiar.)
C-Rayz Walz - 12 Jewels album January 20, 2015
Wove (FKA A Million Billion Dying Suns) Late January, 2015
Sheisty Khrist - Cold Winter January 22, 2015
Moon and Pollution - Official release of “The Box Borialis” January 27th
The Village of Vale January 27, 2015
Alaska - “Alkast” mixtape February 2nd, 2015
DJ Scientist & Fulgeance LP February 16, 2015
Cidida & Eibol (Young Planet) - “Snow Ocean” EP - February 23, 2015
Cryptic One - “Cryptstramentals Volume 7” March 10, 2015
Ceschi & Factor - “Broken Bone Ballads” April 6, 2015
Brenk Sinatra - October 16th 2015
Grizzly Gato - 2015
PackFM
Tonedeff
Rare Monk (2015)
Isle of Rhodes 2015
Eric Mayson EP 2015
Adam & Cuth (production is going to be sick, rhymes maybe) July 20th
Sister Crayon
Thomas Azier
Vakill (think it will be worth the wait, one of the few artists I can say that with)
The Skins
Maulskull
Kodiak Fur (not sure about this)
Icon the Mic King (no idea if he’s still releasing music despite the one song in 2014)
PJ Katz - Ear Food vol. 3
C-Rayz Walz (supposedly releasing like 19 albums in 2015)
Yamin Semali - “Class of MMI” LP
Yamin Semali & Illastrate - “Monday/Friday” LP - August 14th
2econd Class Citizen LP (sent for mastering on 12/23/14)
Mic Lanny
Zavala album
Melody’s Echo Chamber
Emcee Graffiti
Steven A Clark - The Lonely Roller LP - September 18th
Upgrade
RyPa (probably around Halloween)
Jus Allah
Sadistik (I think it was mentioned he was dropping something in 2015)
James Blake album
Charlie Patton’s War album July 24
Dreamers - “This album does not exist”
Gordon Gartrell (Dezmatic & Alaska)
Czarface album June 2015
White Reaper - “White Reaper Does It Again” LP July 17th
St. Tropez EP
Killah Priest June
Ghostface July
Grizzly Gato 2nd album. An EP due out Winter 2016.

Like JTX I am also
Hoping for:
Extended Famm
Kno’s second solo
Deacon solo
but also Natti’s second solo which I remember being mentioned

but I’m still skeptical that these hopefuls will drop in 2015 despite what Tone said in the QN5 anticipated albums thread.

Like Kno said, it took roughly nine months for Death Is Silent to go from concept to reality. I’m expecting Deacon’s solo at some point in 2015 too, whether it’s summer or this time next year. Donno about another Natti record just cuz it’s been so quiet with literally one or two mentions at all.

With Lupe Fiasco and Nacho Picasso X BSBD both dropping albums in January, 2015 is going to start out with a bang. Hopefully, Sheisty Khrist, Tonedeff and Kendrick Lamar will follow suit shortly after.

Furthermore, I’m hoping to hear new stuff from Substantial, Kokayi, Killer Mike & El-P, E-F@mm., Deacon the Villain, Kno and Sadistik. I don’t think Natti’s album will be ready for next year. There has been a few mentions of a forthcoming CL album; I don’t know if it realistic to hope for a 2015 but it that is the case, that would of course be on top of the list.

New sadistik album coming next year as well.

JTX said:New sadistik album coming next year as well.

Looks like Sadistik is really picking up more speed on releasing projects. I say that because of the time gap between The Balancing Act and Flowers for my Father. He had EPs during that time as well but still it seems like hes had more of a spark as of late.

New Doomtree in a month as well.

mattthegod said:

JTX said:New sadistik album coming next year as well.

Looks like Sadistik is really picking up more speed on releasing projects. I say that because of the time gap between The Balancing Act and Flowers for my Father. He had EPs during that time as well but still it seems like hes had more of a spark as of late.

It’s because he got signed to fake four Very Happy

Numonic’s list is dope.
Big thumbs up to:
Tonedeff, Sheisty Khrist, Vakill, Skyzoo, Kno, and all the rest.

Other projects I’m going to get:
MarQ Spekt- Bionic Jazz
Kenn Starr- Square One (I still have his verse on Head High stuck in my head)
Iggy Azalea- Record Company Wet Dream

^ I had no idea MarQ Spekt had another album planned.

Just googled Bionic Jazz and it’s a collab with MF DOOM??

Should be interesting…. I really liked JustPlayWitIt…. not a fan of doom though (don’t kill me)

Terra Lopez of Sister Crayon absolutely kills this new song. I can’t wait for the new Sister Crayon album.

a2443079320_10.jpg

Running Off (feat Terra Lopez of Sister Crayon)

by Tammer

Bandcamp: fakefour

Actually this is the first single of a group that Terra Lopez is in with Luckyiam so that might mean there’s an album in the works for this too, in addition to a new Sister Crayon album this year. The beat on this Running Off song is dope too and Luckyiam does his thing on here although I’ve always slept on him, need to check out his stuff.

Have we gotten any update on the release date of Cold Winter? I know Deacon said there were a few small things that got in the way, but that the record was almost completely there. Now that it’s been a few months since the original release date and no word, I’m kind of worried though.

‘Doomtree - Final Boss’ is dope. I think I am going to order the album.

New BSBD X Nacho Picasso just dropped and is availible to stream: https://soundcloud.com/vice/sets/nacho-picassos-stoned-dethroned

B7LX68gIMAEh6aq.jpg:large

Epic Aesthetic said:New BSBD X Nacho Picasso just dropped and is availible to stream: https://soundcloud.com/vice/sets/nacho-picassos-stoned-dethroned

B7LX68gIMAEh6aq.jpg:large

Also, just a note, this is listed at $10 on BSBD bandcamp, but only $8 on Nacho’s bandcamp!!!

And now Kingston (of BSBD) has released a solo project:

https://ultraglacial.bandcamp.com/releases

a2000005571_2.jpg

^ Sirens is really really good. Listened to it last night with my gf, and again this morning.

A great start to 2015.

I also listened to about half of Stoned and Dethroned. Entertaining for sure. I never end up listening to their collabs a whole lot, but it’s always a fun listen when I do.

a3774619990_10.jpg

Adam Zombie - Pilgrim State

Bandcamp: adamzee
Soundcloud: adam-zee

Some dope raps.

Preorders for the Moon and Pollution album “The Box Borealis” are up, officially releasing January 27th but it seems this is just a preorder for the digital album. I got this from Graham O’Brien but I asked for the CD preorder. There will be a CD release party on January 31st so I think there will be CDs of this album. I have to ask again but hearing this album unofficially last year and it’s flawless, need the CD. Edit: The CD will be for sale on the record label website: F.I.X.

a3163880059_2.jpg

Moon and Pollution - “The Box Borealis”

bandcamp: moonandpollution

Also if you haven’t heard this album yet “The Balcony” by Catfish and The Bottlemen you should now, officially released in the US January 6th. They performed on Lettermen last week too.

packshot.jpg

Catfish and The Bottlemen - “The Balcony”

Also Figure’s new Remixes project is out. Haven’t heard it yet but will in a minute,

FSRD-500x500.jpg

Figure - Selected Remixes Vol. 2

Soundcloud: Figure

Lupe and Skyzoo project this coming week too.

Other great news Ceschi will be doing an East Coast tour with Sage Francis to coincide with the release of Ceschi’s new album fully produced by Factor titled “Broken Bone Ballad” in March. Gotta be at the NYC show.

The Village of Vale project will be released the first week of February, going to be epic!

Okay I think that’s it.

Lupe’s album leaked a few days ago, been listening this weekend. Need some more listens before I say anything definite but so far it ranges from not bad to I kind of like it.

I’ll probably check out that Catfish and The Bottlemen album since they have a song on FIFA 15 that I like.

CD Preorders for maybe the most beautiful album I’ve ever heard: “The Box Borealis” by Moon & Pollution (Molly Dean & Graham O’Brien) are up on the F.I.X. website. Release date is January 27th. This album is an epic masterpiece and Molly Dean’s vocals are straight from heaven. If you want to be blown away by Molly Dean check out the song and video that introduced me to her: “And War” by No Bird Sing. Amazing. Some of ya’ll may be more familiar with the song “In To The Night” by Sadistik and Molly Dean is the one doing the vocals on there with Graham O’Brien handling part of the production. Amazing.

^ Dayummm that single “Alter Eagle” is great

this release definitely has my full attention

Numonic said:CD Preorders for maybe the most beautiful album I’ve ever heard: “The Box Borealis” by Moon & Pollution (Molly Dean & Graham O’Brien) are up on the F.I.X. website. Release date is January 27th. This album is an epic masterpiece and Molly Dean’s vocals are straight from heaven. If you want to be blown away by Molly Dean check out the song and video that introduced me to her: “And War” by No Bird Sing. Amazing. Some of ya’ll may be more familiar with the song “In To The Night” by Sadistik and Molly Dean is the one doing the vocals on there with Graham O’Brien handling part of the production. Amazing.

I’m not seeing anywhere to pre-order on that site, only thing I can find is a digital pre-order on bandcamp.

Edit - Nevermind, found it.

Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_&_Youth.jpg

This new Lupe album is genuinely great. I wasn’t too keen on Lasers or F&L2; (although people said that one was good).. but this feels like a return to form.

Epic Aesthetic said:Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_&_Youth.jpg

This new Lupe album is genuinely great. I wasn’t too keen on Lasers or F&L2; (although people said that one was good).. but this feels like a return to form.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Tetsuo and Youth. I gotta say though I’m not as big of a fan of Lupe as I used to be. I do still plan on checking this out though.

Epic Aesthetic said:Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_&_Youth.jpg

Word! I love Lupe’s new album - It feels great to finally be able to say that and really mean it.

I’ve always been a big fan of his writing, but a lot of his choices on the musical side have been disappointing to me, especially on the last two albums.
But almost everything on Tetsuo & Youth is right down my alley. It’s arguably his best album to date and easily his most cohesive, sonically and conceptually.

Some albums start losing their flavor after a couple of months so it’s too early to make bold statements, but right now I’d put it up there with Good Kid, M.A.A.D City and Oneirolgy as my favorite hiphop albums of the decade so far.

The crazy thing is, I don’t even expect it to end up being album of the year for me. Tonedeff and Kendrick Lamar are both likely to surpass it. This could be one hell of a year for hiphop.

New C-Rayz Walz dropped on 1/20. 120 Lessons. 12 Jewels. Nation of Gods and Earths.

a1913613709_10.jpg

ALMIGHTY: The 12 Jewels

by C-Rayz Walz, Oxillah Born & The SunCycle General Gods

Bandcamp: suncycle360

The god is beastin’ this why equality allah rule. Listen to the 12 Jewels.

Another new release that dropped on 1/20.

Nate Mercereau of the band Wove which was formerly known as A Million Billion Dying Suns dropped a new album that is pretty awesome.

a3690945687_2.jpg

Nate Mercereau - “A Vivid Memory”

bandcamp: natemercereau

Also Wove released a 2 song EP. Although it’s dope it’s short despite the 7 min song but thankfully Nate came through with the Vivid Memory album.

a3703224388_2.jpg

Wove - “EP1”

bandcamp: wovepartnership
soundcloud: wovepartnership

Wow Nate killin it by dropping another 3 song EP today

a2274130770_10.jpg

Nate Mercereau - “EP2”

Bandcamp: natemercereau

Saw him post EP1 and thought it was the same as the EP1 from Wove since he’s in that band but it isn’t. Although it is also only 2 tracks but together all these EPs make for one hell of a dope LP.

a0117855386_10.jpg

Nate Mercereau - “EP1”

Bandcamp: natemercereau

Okay so today 2 of the most amazing voices released an album. I was expecting one of them but not the other. Pledgemusic sent an email that the Village of Vale First Edition was ready to download. WOW! If you don’t know John McGrew of the group/band Apollo Run you need to check out Apollo Run’s past work. They had the best album of the year with the album “Here Be Dragons Vol. 3” back in 2012 and Volumes 1 and 2 which dropped the previous years are also amazing. So if you preordered the village of vale album you should have gotten this email for the first edition download. I do wonder why it’s titled the first edition and if I’ll be getting another edition.

large.jpg?1422369016

The Village of Vale

What an epic album. There is a narrated version and a non-narrated version.

The other amazing voice to release today is Molly Dean on the amazing Moon and Pollution album “The Box Borealis”

a3163880059_2.jpg

Moon and Pollution - “The Box Borealis”

The CDs ship out today

The Box Borealis is streaming in full on the “In Your Speakers” website.

If you preordered the CD you should have gotten the download link in the email today from F.I.X. I did.

It’s also streaming in full and for digital purchase on their bandcamp page: moonandpollution

Plus it snowed and work closed, Christmas is that you?

2015 is off to a good start for hiphop. Lupe’s album is absolutely fantastic. It’s right there with F&L and The Cool for me. Prisoners 1&2 is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard. The production and hooks are on point, which isn’t always the case for a Lupe record and Lupe just raps his ass off.

Doomtree’s new album, All Hands, dropped today and It’s on point. Production is punk and electric. very grimy. Not sure if I like it better than No Kings, but it’s close.

I know it’s extremely early but I think “The Village of Vale” might be album of the year for me. Mind blowingly epic music. Maybe it’s just me but it’s some of the best music I’ve ever heard. John McGrew of Apollo Run is amazing and so are the other singers and musicians on here.

Moon and Pollution’s album “The Box Borealis” is definitely going to be up there, been waiting since I heard the advance copy last year to say that officially.

There’s a video for Moon and Pollution’s song “Moving Scene” up on YouTube now. Check it out.

In other news, this mixtape by Alaska of former group Hangar18 and Atoms Family and co-founder of the best music website for the past few years: SYFFAL is dropping on Monday 2/2/14. It’s him over Outkast beats. The first single is out on the soundcloud page: thisishellola

1530720_799181100176461_62028037_n.jpg

Alaska - “Alkast”

Bandcamp: thisishellola

Out now.

Here’ some more rapidy rap raps

a0874593258_2.jpg

Dephyant - “One Hell of a Day”

bandcamp: dephyant

My Moon & Pollution “The Box Borealis” album CD came in the mail today. One of the most beautiful albums I’ve ever heard. That album and the Village of Vale album are blowing me away right now. The Village of Vale is only a digital and vinyl release. I’d rather have the CD if I’m going to have the physical. I bought the digital but that album is so mind blowingly dope I think I have to get the vinyl, just so I can own a physical copy of that masterpiece.

Speaking of The Village of Vale, I believe they are performing the play this week in NYC. I think I have to go see it, and if possible pick up the vinyl there. If you didn’t know, The village of vale is a music album, but also a written story, a story told by artwork and also a live play performance which I believe is happening this week, or this weekend. I have to find out. But I think cats should stop sleeping on John McGrew and Apollo Run and his Village of Vale project. Believe me, you’ll thank me.

Also another group cats should stop sleeping on is Young Planet (Cidida & Eibol). They’re releasing their new EP “Snow Ocean” at the end of this month February. If you haven’t heard “New Fast Automatic” your bucket list is incomplete. Their first one: “Ludwig, Can You Hear Me?” is also really dope but “New Fast Automatic” is another level of hip hop and music in general. But I’ve mentioned them many times before, that album was number 1 on my list tied with some others for best album of the year last year. I can’t wait for their new EP, “Snow Ocean” to drop this month.

My girl Kotomi has a new single out. She blew me away with her album last year: “Over Our Heads”. The track “Simple & Sweet” is a must listen from that album. Check out her new single that dropped today.

a2471458614_10.jpg

Kotomi - “The Last Time”

Bandcamp: kotomi
Soundcloud: kotomi

Kotomi will be dropping a new single on the first Tuesday of every month this year. Nice.