close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Music in 2015

I’m probably late to the party on this one but the new Adele album 25 is fantastic. It’s the perfect follow up to 21.

moto748 said: Supporting acts aren’t always the same in different countries; I looked up his London date, and no support act is mentioned.

oh ya, i didn’t think of that…. It does look Son Little only listed North American dates of the tour… well, i’m sure he’ll be back! it’s tricky keeping up with artists’ shows sometimes.

Numonic said:The new Teej and Cuth album is now streaming on the Wordplay Magazine website. So hyped for new Cuth production and hopefully the raps are dope too.

Edit: This is out now on bandcamp. Physical CDs available.

a0698944358_10.jpg

Teej and Cuth - Seven Ages

Bandcamp: teejandcuth

Been listening to this lately and it’s dope as hell. Cuth’s production on here is his best yet and I like the rapping on here. Teej has a sort of unauthordox flow, I know some may not like but I’m in to it and the rhyme schemes and even some puns in there, and last but not least the concept on ageing are all interesting to me. Definitely a favorite of the year.

Revision I know you were feeling Cuth’s beats on the album with Adam, I think this album with Teej is better with both beats and rhymes. And I went nuts over the album he did with Adam so that’s saying a lot.

As far as Adele, she doesn’t do anything for me. Go figure.

There is a long list of artists that I’m expecting to release music in 2016 but for pretty much all of them I don’t have an idea of when next year their albums will drop. I think I only have one album’s release date so far.

Instead of a list of my favorites, I loved so much music in 2015 so it will be impossible to pick. It was a great year to have ears. Thanks to all for pointing me in various directions through the year. Got a feeling 2016 is going to be a better year…

My roommate just got me into Kognitif, not sure if anyone mentioned it on here before (I haven’t been up to date on these boards lately…) Anyway, all of his albums are pretty good, but this one was released earlier this year:

a1641556988_10.jpg

Average Rap Band just released another song that didn’t make their upcoming sophomore album that is dropping in January 2016. The song is titled “The Good The Bad and The Police”. It’s the 3rd throwaway track so we got a bit of an EP with the throwaway tracks. It’s dope. It’s up on their soundcloud: averagerapband.

Hector Mecello Records is giving us a Christmas instrumental album like they did last year. It’s dropping December 24th. It’s not Christmas themed per se, just dropping around the time as a gift to fans. Should be dope as usual.

Speaking of instrumental albums Tommy V is dropping one January 8th and it’s on Cassette tape as well as digitally. It’s up for preorder on bandcamp on Filthy Broke Recordings. I got that preordered for sure.

With this music, like Common said “I’m in my own world”.

Coopaloop one song in to that Kognitif and it’s dope. Thanks for the mention.

I hope in 2016, more people post albums on these boards. Every year it seems less and less people post on here. I know I post a lot but there are still some dope albums that I might have missed.

You put us all to shame, Numonic!

Here’s a 2015 release you might have missed. Not hip-hop, but it has a certain charm Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGIUtLO_x8g

Happy Christmas!

moto748 said:You put us all to shame, Numonic!

Here’s a 2015 release you might have missed. Not hip-hop, but it has a certain charm Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGIUtLO_x8g

Happy Christmas!

Haha.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I know and like Kacey Musgraves and I’ve heard that Biscuits song. She’s one of the few country singers I listen to. I didn’t mention her new album here though. So thanks. She was a Grammy winner last year which is when I found out about her. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

I shouldn’t be surprised that you’d be familiar with her! Merry Christmas to you too!

I don’t remember who was talking about Sufjan Stevens album, but while that took a while to grow on me I really am starting to like it a lot. His albums always take forever with me and I really have to listen to them a few times when doing something else and not actively listening to the music (I know it is weird). Yeah: That’s a good album. Once again: So much good stuff musically in 2015.

Revision said:I don’t remember who was talking about Sufjan Stevens album, but while that took a while to grow on me I really am starting to like it a lot. His albums always take forever with me and I really have to listen to them a few times when doing something else and not actively listening to the music (I know it is weird).

lol I totally know what you mean. I feel the same way about Patrick Watson sometimes too, mainly because a lot of his songs are 5+ minutes long…. that being said, his album Love Songs for Robots really grew on me throughout 2015.

Revision said:I don’t remember who was talking about Sufjan Stevens album, but while that took a while to grow on me I really am starting to like it a lot. His albums always take forever with me and I really have to listen to them a few times when doing something else and not actively listening to the music (I know it is weird). Yeah: That’s a good album. Once again: So much good stuff musically in 2015.

Yeah, it was pretty much that and the Sadistik x Kno album at the top of my 2015 list. It’s a somber album but also very good and very personal.

Numonic said:J-Zen also dropped a new album, this one with rap features. Still have to check this out too.

a0888041214_10.jpg

J-Zen - Managua

Bandcamp: jzen

Just got into this. The lyrics were ok, but the production is fantastic on this album. Really dug every track on the album.

See Numonic, some 2015 attention came eventually. Smile