close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Man, If QN5 ever signs a female rapper, this should be her IMO

Epic Aesthetic said:- Quintic feels like it could be QN5 2.0. Tone seems to be moving further away from hip-hop as a format, even if it’s influence will forever be ingrained in his art. Personally I’m all on board with this.. feels like what “5 steps ahead” was always supposed to be - and I enjoy the idea of him trying to be a great musician > a great “rapper”. I also don’t think the hip-hop audience would ever truly appreciate what he does in the way he deserves.

- I think this is awesome because I miss the QN5 of old.
- I also worry that Tone doesn’t get too distracted from his solo stuff
- I think Fjer was planning to release an album this year?
- I see Lucy getting an EP out this year.
- Can’t see Hyperrealism coming out this year.. seems like Polymer would be the focus.
- In all cases.. can’t wait to hear more about what’s going on!

Maybe this whole website overhaul happening after Polymer will be a Quintic focused website/forum. It seems like it would be too much to run a 2nd label on top of everything else he does. I think it’s possible to get Polymer by this spring and Hyperrealism by winter, but like you said it will probably be a polymer tour heavy year for him plus setting up other Quintic releases. I feel we’re very close to a polymer release date.

Well, Tone’s Snapchat has a brief Quintic tease and the Facebook page for Quintic is getting a makeover. Very Happy

Just saw that Lucy started up a Snapchat as well: lucycampxo

houstonz said:Well, Tone’s Snapchat has a brief Quintic tease and the Facebook page for Quintic is getting a makeover. Very Happy

The new cover-picture on Facebook has five different colored squares. Am
I looking too much into this - or can we expect to see a fifth artist on Quintic?

Friis said:

houstonz said:Well, Tone’s Snapchat has a brief Quintic tease and the Facebook page for Quintic is getting a makeover. Very Happy

The new cover-picture on Facebook has five different colored squares. Am
I looking to much into this - or can we expect to see a fifth artist on Quintic?

Or maybe 5 projects?

Lots of big questions in here. Because you guys are the most die-hard blue schoolers on the motherfucking planet - I’m here to address your questions here, like I always have. I will be having a town hall Q&A in the next few weeks to lay everything out in immense detail - because there is a HUGE paradigm shift to discuss, but the answers below will give you hella insight into what’s happening.

Epic Aesthetic said:Quintic feels like it could be QN5 2.0.

QUINTIC is an entirely retooled machine. New label. New sound. New team. New approach.

houstonz said:Approximately one year later, Tone just posted a video on Instagram of Lucy in the booth at QN5 Manor. HMMMMMM

Nothing’s official, folks. But in the meantime, you should follow Lucy Camp on Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat @ LucyCampXO. Wink

jinx8402 said:Interesting that she’s a Quintic artist vs QN5.

She’s not a traditional “rapper” - she’s more of a “writer”. When you hear her new work, you’ll understand why.

jinx8402 said:I’m not sure it matters either way, I just thought Quintic was going to be the more singer oriented label vs QN5 being more traditinal Hip Hop.

QUINTIC is NOT a Hip Hop label - it’s an alternative music label. It’s sans-genre. It is definitely more “feel” focused, although, you may occasionally hear some “raps”. (But definitely no “rapz”).

Epic Aesthetic said:- I see Lucy getting an EP out this year.

100%. Much much much sooner than any expects. Maybe even with a music video to boot. But I’m neither confirming nor denying. Wink

houstonz said:Also, ya boy Amplifya/Hectic Zeniths. Quintic is filling out nicely.

Also, not official. We fucking LOVE Hectic Zeniths though. Wink

Epic Aesthetic said:Tone seems to be moving further away from hip-hop as a format, even if it’s influence will forever be ingrained in his art. Personally I’m all on board with this.. feels like what “5 steps ahead” was always supposed to be - and I enjoy the idea of him trying to be a great musician > a great “rapper”. I also don’t think the hip-hop audience would ever truly appreciate what he does in the way he deserves.

I sincerely appreciate your support, Timo! It was just a matter of time, eh? Hip Hop is in my DNA, but I’m no longer interested in trying to impress scenesters who are literally blinded by notoriety . I’d rather push myself creatively and continue to entertain y’all in new ways. The hook on “Competitive Nature” is very VERY real to me.

Epic Aesthetic said:
- I also worry that Tone doesn’t get too distracted from his solo stuff

Considering the amount of Polymer oriented material & support happening this year, that’ll be impossible.

Epic Aesthetic said:- I think Fjer was planning to release an album this year?

I can confirm that Fjer is indeed working on her debut LP. With that said, you will see a string of brand new singles this year to build up buzz before we announce the album. My goal is to make sure her debut gets more attention than her criminally slept on EPs did. BTW, the singles are absolutely nuclear. She’s going in for the kill on this one.

Epic Aesthetic said:- Can’t see Hyperrealism coming out this year.. seems like Polymer would be the focus.

Indeed, you won’t see the album, but you will see single(s). An amazing artist has been already been contracted for the cover art. It will be stunning.

JTX said:
Maybe this whole website overhaul happening after Polymer will be a Quintic focused website/forum.

FYI - QN5.com will 100% stick around. Only, it’ll be way more fun to be here. This has been the home of the greatest hip hop fan community on the planet for well over 18 years, and I have no plans to shut this down. This community means the world to me, but I will say, that the focus of the entire site will change SIGNIFICANTLY in the next couple of months. It’s time to move forward, but we’ll do it together.

JTX said:It seems like it would be too much to run a 2nd label on top of everything else he does.

QUINTIC will be the only active music label after the release of Polymer.

JTX said:I feel we’re very close to a polymer release date.

Thank god, this is absolutely correct. Very shortly, there will be an avalanche of updates. And we mean that wholeheartedly.

JTX said:

Friis said:The new cover-picture on Facebook has five different colored squares. Am I looking too much into this - or can we expect to see a fifth artist on Quintic?

Or maybe 5 projects?

When have we ever been prone to coincidences around here? Wink

Tonedeff said:

jinx8402 said:Interesting that she’s a Quintic artist vs QN5.

She’s not a traditional “rapper” - she’s more of a “writer”. When you hear her new work, you’ll understand why.

jinx8402 said:I’m not sure it matters either way, I just thought Quintic was going to be the more singer oriented label vs QN5 being more traditinal Hip Hop.

QUINTIC is NOT a Hip Hop label - it’s an alternative music label. It’s sans-genre. It is definitely more “feel” focused, although, you may occasionally hear some “raps”. (But definitely no “rapz”).

Sorry, wasn’t trying to pigeonhole her into any one particular aspect, because knowing how you operate, you want to work with artists who break any traditional mold. Even the same for the labels. Thanks for the clarification!

Tonedeff said:

JTX said:
Maybe this whole website overhaul happening after Polymer will be a Quintic focused website/forum.

FYI - QN5.com will 100% stick around. Only, it’ll be way more fun to be here. This has been the home of the greatest hip hop fan community on the planet for well over 18 years, and I have no plans to shut this down. This community means the world to me, but I will say, that the focus of the entire site will change SIGNIFICANTLY in the next couple of months. It’s time to move forward, but we’ll do it together.

This makes me happy Smile

Tonedeff said:

JTX said:It seems like it would be too much to run a 2nd label on top of everything else he does.

Whoa, this is quite the bombshell. What happens with the artist that are part of QN5? I mean CL & Stan have their own things with Ineffible & Mellow Music and had been more of an “affiliation” lately, and Pack has kinda laid low the last few year. Maybe this is the natural progression of the QN5 label phasing out?

Please don’t take that as me being down on the change. Just me being inquisitive on what’s going on. As an old proverb once said “Change is Good” Razz

Tone giving his version of Doc Brown’s “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads…”.

Co-sign everything that Jinx put out there. I ain’t going nowhere, so now it is just how good the music is for the ride. Anything like Fjer’s ‘say love’ joint and I’ll be happy.

Tonedeff said:

Wow, I don’t even really know how to respond to that. I’m excited for all the changes for sure, but it’s crazy to think that such a big part of my life is no longer gonna be active. Jesus. That being said, can’t wait to really see what’s in store for us. I’m sure it won’t disappoint. Never does.

Cthulhu4Pres said:

Tonedeff said:

Wow, I don’t even really know how to respond to that. I’m excited for all the changes for sure, but it’s crazy to think that such a big part of my life is no longer gonna be active. Jesus. That being said, can’t wait to really see what’s in store for us. I’m sure it won’t disappoint. Never does.

Yeah, so much to process. I have so many questions, that I guess that is what the “town hall” will be about.

jinx8402 said:

Cthulhu4Pres said:

Tonedeff said:

Yeah, so much to process. I have so many questions, that I guess that is what the “town hall” will be about.

I feel it’s been on the cards for a while now and it’s the right time to happen. QN5 as a label will forever be an unforgettable memory to me, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing to call last orders if we’re all moving forward. I am excited for something genuinely new because, well, that’s what always made QN5 feel so buzz in the first place. It’s not the 2000’s anymore.

It does raise some interesting questions as to what will happen with “tonedeff” music in the future though (presuming that moniker continues? O_O). But I suppose if stuff is independently released then it doesn’t matter all that much about what logo you stick on the cover. Also he used the term “active” which could suggest it merely laying dormant.

I’d assume future Tonedeff music beyond Polymer would still be released via QN5, maybe with some APOS involvement.

All awesome news. Cant wait to see what Quintic has in store this year. Lucy Camp is the truth.

ummmm dopeness. A little disappointed that QN5 will become nostalgic, but gotta move forward! Looking forward to all the new incredible awesomeness!

Does this mean we get a Quintic Megashow now?

I mean they only said it was the final QN5 MEGASHOW

Razz

jinx8402 said:Does this mean we get a Quintic Megashow now?

I mean they only said it was the final QN5 MEGASHOW

Razz

Like.

I’ll always have love for the QN5 family/label/music but also intrigued by the news of Quintic.

Thanks for all the great music; QN5 albums that got me through some rough times after high school and through college. I’ll always support if I can, QN5, Quintic, or otherwise.

The way I see it, CunninLynguists, Substantial, Tonedeff, and to a lesser degree, Pack FM are all still making music so really there is no downside here.

So the Quintic lineup so far is Peter Anthony Red, Fjer, and Lucy Camp? With other artists rumored to be signing?

In all seriousness - and obviously it shouldn’t be called a “Megashow” - but can we get the ultimate Quintic Live experience at some point?

Epic Aesthetic said:In all seriousness - and obviously it shouldn’t be called a “Megashow” - but can we get the ultimate Quintic Live experience at some point?

Would y’all come to something like that?

65576208.jpg

And that answer is yes.

All of this makes me so excited. Can’t wait to see/hear all of the new stuff.

This must mean that QN5 as a music label is being rebranded into Quintic.

“What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.”

jinx8402 said:http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/65576208.jpg

And that answer is yes.

Amazing music + Amazing people = SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

And if there’s more after-parties and day-after parties?

BRUH.

houstonz said:

jinx8402 said:http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/65576208.jpg

And that answer is yes.

Amazing music + Amazing people = SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

And if there’s more after-parties and day-after parties?

BRUH.

Co-sign

Tonedeff said:

Epic Aesthetic said:In all seriousness - and obviously it shouldn’t be called a “Megashow” - but can we get the ultimate Quintic Live experience at some point?

It would have to be something pretty special for me to save up for another trip to the States - but I think you’re up to the challenge Wink

.. And yes. I would be super interested to see what you can do with a live show when completely removed from the shackles of “hip-hop”. Alternative as fuck with crazy light shows and shit.

Guess Asterisk Five isn’t on the cards then…

HDC said:Guess Asterisk Five isn’t on the cards then…

Wonder what happens to efamm as well.

Epic Aesthetic said:

Tonedeff said:

It would have to be something pretty special for me to save up for another trip to the States - but I think you’re up to the challenge Wink

.. And yes. I would be super interested to see what you can do with a live show when completely removed from the shackles of “hip-hop”. Alternative as fuck with crazy light shows and shit.

If there’s anything that’s going to provoke me to spend a gratuitous amount of money (that I don’t have) to travel across the country, it would be this event. Anything that rekindles the magic of the Megashow is a must in my book. And an ill-advised after party with all you crazy folk again is only a bonus.

Cthulhu4Pres said:

Tonedeff said:

Just to be clear…as long as Tonedeff exists, so will QN5 (ie. Polymer is a QN5 release). I’m just speaking as a fully-functioning LABEL, QUINTIC will be my focus.

So it’s now February. When’s the Livestream Tone? Razz

Tonedeff said:

I have the worst track record in history but yes.

Also thanks for the really comprehensive update, much excite!