close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion TV in 2015

So I just finished True Detective season 1. I don’t think the show is my cup of tea. Some of the stuff Rust was saying even the threats and connections were going over my head, could be because I’m slow or that he kind of sounds like he’s mumbling when he talks. I almost gave up on the show a few times but I pushed on and finished the season. It just didn’t really interest me. I don’t think I’ll even watch season two. At least I now know where that Matthew McConaughey sample on the Daily Meds’ song “Purple Planet” is from.

I’m giving this Wayward Pines show on Fox a chance. Terrence Howard has his moments and potential but I don’t think it’s enough to convince me to watch that other show of his on Fox. Just seems like a soap opera. Wayward Pines has that twilight zone mystery thing going for it which I like. M. Night Shaymalan is involved with the show. Never been a fan of Matt Dillon but the story is keeping me interested so far.

Come to think of it I think I prefer science fiction shows. The majority of the shows I like are science fiction. The Blacklist and Allegiance are the only exceptions recently.

There’s this show i.zombie on CW, someone I know said that it’s better than the walking dead. I saw the comercial for it when it was first coming out and I know the concept, it just seems too fantastic for me. Not in to that fantasy stuff.

I’m wait for all the other shows I listed to return.

Extant
Under The Dome
The Strain
Falling Skies (final season)
The Last Ship
That Walking Dead prequel show (only saw the short commercial during the season finale so far)
Continuum (final season, I think)

Oh also looking forward to that Minority Report series, really loved the movie.

Add the new series Humans on AMC to the list. Great timing to because Orphan Black just finished it’s season and this show kind of replaces it plus it’s British, not that I favor that, I just think it’s fitting for it to appear just wn Orphan Black finished. Plus I just saw another commercial for Fear the Walking Dead. Hyped for that show.

Wayward Pines is dope.

Plus Extant returns today Wednesday.

Under the Dome returns tomorrow, Thursday.

I’m giving that show with Jack Black on HBO “The Brink” a chance. Kind of funny.

Also giving this CBS show “Zoo” a chance.

Also giving the TNT show “Proof” a chance.

The Strain returns Sunday July 12th. Sunday’s are jam packed with shows I’m following.

Continuum final season returns July 26

I haven’t bothered with Humans; it’s only had so-so reviews here.

Did you guys ever get the British series Utopia? That was a really good, sharp, and well-written show.

Just started watched Odyssey. So far (two eps in) it seems like a less bonkers version of Homeland.

Wow so I kind of just spoiled Under the Dome’s first part of the season. I thought tonight was the season premiere but it’s actually epoisode 3 that I watched. I was wondering why the preview before the episode showed a lot of scenes that I never saw. I thought it was just some weird way to tell the story. Anyway, I guess I’ll watch episode 1 and 2 after I’ve already seen 3. Season premiere was on June 25th. Actually it was a 2 night premiere on June 24 and 25th. Too many TV shows to keep up with.

moto748 said:I haven’t bothered with Humans; it’s only had so-so reviews here.

Did you guys ever get the British series Utopia? That was a really good, sharp, and well-written show.

Just started watched Odyssey. So far (two eps in) it seems like a less bonkers version of Homeland.

I never let reviews dictate whether I check out a show or not. I did it once with True Detective and was disappointed. I think we have Utopia, I never checked it out though.

I’m on a roll with new shows. 2 more new shows I’m getting in to are 2 shows on the USA channel: “Mr. Robot” and “Complications”. This is a reach but in a way the show Complications reminds me of Breaking Bad with the doctor reminding me of Walter White and the nurse Gretchen reminding me of Jesse Pinkman.

Give Utopia a look, Numonic, it’s really good!

Mr Robot is only available here via dodgy internet means, which I don’t generally bother with, but I’ve heard some very enthusiastic things.

TV has been overwhelming me the last couple weeks especially last night when there was 5 shows airing that I was trying to keep up with. Haven’t followed this many shows since I was in elementary school. The Strain is back. The Brink on HBO is funny. I’m hanging in there with Humans on AMC. Falling Skies is heating up as is The Last Ship, as well as Extant and Zoo. Mr. Robot is about to get crazy. Wonder how far Complications can go. Some pretty dope shows. Almost forgot about Wayward Pines which is really dope. Proof on TNT might be getting the axe from me. I’ll look in to Utopia.

There are so many apocalyptic shows: from the shows I listed we have an apocalypse from aliens, mutants, viruses, animals(possibly), vampires, robots possibly and we got the zombie apocalypse show coming in August.

Mr Robot is so dope. Best show on TV.

Numonic said:Mr Robot is so dope. Best show on TV.

yea dude… shot very well and extremely well written. Dont brush this show off just cuz it’s on USA.

Heroes Reborn started last night. Was nostalgic of these message boards in fact. That show was big here, especially the 1st season which was the unanimous favorite. I remember first years in college and Bry telling me I had to watch it. The show had its own thread and every thing and I got hooked. That show had an odd similar trajectory in popularity at these forums did. When that show was at its peak - these forums were at their busiest. Then the show got cancelled and there was a writer’s strike - and it also got quieter here lol.

Maybe QN5 will be reborn!

I was having serious ‘immaculately produced violent/sensationalist TV drama ’ withdrawal after finishing Mr Robot, and started watching Banshee again… I forgot how good this show is. I’m not even an ‘action’ buff but this show has the best fight scenes of anything I’ve ever watched

Sylar was a good villain, then they made him an anti-hero. It didn’t work as well.

That Walking Dead mid-season finale was such a damn tease. The next premiere and that whole upcoming half-season is gonna be great.

Two programmes over here absolutely head and shoulders above anything else on TV in quality at the moment: Season 3 of The Bridge (original Scandi version), and the Fargo TV series. In both cases, better than previous series, real quality stuff.

I’ve been watching The Affair on Showtime. I like the concept of telling a story from multiple points of view. It’s not really in the sense of movies like Vantage Point but more emotional. The story is shown based on the character’s personality and how they feel about the people they are viewing. It’s innovative. It’s on season 2 right now. The episode that just aired this past Sunday was sick.

Of course I’ve also been following The Walking Dead and yeah that mid-season finale was a big tease but this was a very dope season so far, maybe the best and the way the director wrote in the letter to Talking Dead about how dope the 2nd half will be, I can’t wait for the second half.

On Netflix that Aziz Ansari show Master of None is dope. I actually never followed Aziz in anything but I watched the 10 episodes of this Netflix show and liked it.

I’m just hoping they follow #83 closely with the premier… there’s too much shit that is supposed to happen in that short span of time.

Fargo this season is fucking incredible (not that last season wasnt)

I’m looking for a new show to get in to. I gave the first season of Fargo a try when it came out but it didn’t capture me. Granted I think I only watched the first episode. I’m thinking of giving season two a try because I heard it’s like a prequel season so I guess it wouldn’t be a spoiler to watch season two without seeing season 1. What do you think?

Also any other show suggestions (new or old, cable or netflix) that hasn’t been mentioned?

Might give Maron a chance, edit: maybe not.

Actually I’m looking for a show to binge on, not one I have to wait every week for.

You could certainly watch S2 of Fargo without seeing S1, although of course there are references to it (and nods to the Coens’ films in general) throughout. S1 was good, but S2 is brilliant.

Numonic said:I’m looking for a new show to get in to. I gave the first season of Fargo a try when it came out but it didn’t capture me. Granted I think I only watched the first episode. I’m thinking of giving season two a try because I heard it’s like a prequel season so I guess it wouldn’t be a spoiler to watch season two without seeing season 1. What do you think?

Also any other show suggestions (new or old, cable or netflix) that hasn’t been mentioned?

Might give Maron a chance, edit: maybe not.

Actually I’m looking for a show to binge on, not one I have to wait every week for.

Fargo Season 1 picks up steam after Episode 1. Every episode of Season 2 is nuts (and you do not need to see Season 1 first, since Season 2 occurs in 1970 something).

I would suggest:

Mr. Robot
Daredevil
Luthor
The Knick

Also, as previously recommended, Utopia.

just stumbled on this show Last Man on Earth with Will Forte…

friggin hilarious so far

If ya’ll are into anime at all and feel like you’d be tickled by a zero-apologies-given sendup of the shounen genre (Bleach, Dragonball Z, Naruto, adventure superhero fighter stuff) in general, you need to check out One Punch Man.

My quality of life has gone up significantly since discovering this.

http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/anime/detail.ONEPUNCHMAN.html

Also, the art is really fucking good. Better in the manga, but still damn good for an anime adaptation.

deStructuralized said:If ya’ll are into anime at all and feel like you’d be tickled by a zero-apologies-given sendup of the shounen genre (Bleach, Dragonball Z, Naruto, adventure superhero fighter stuff) in general, you need to check out One Punch Man..

I second this.

Also glad I found this thread while I’m still laid up and in need of TV Smile Smile

I’ll give it a shout. I go through Anime phases, but can’t keep up with some of them. I love Naruto, think the world is amazing.. just wish it was a bit darker and aimed at a more adult audience.

Epic Aesthetic said:I’ll give it a shout. I go through Anime phases, but can’t keep up with some of them. I love Naruto, think the world is amazing.. just wish it was a bit darker and aimed at a more adult audience.

If you haven’t watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I would recommend it. Adult concepts, some darkness. Really solid anime. Dubbed isn’t bad either and most of it on Netflix.

jess the albo said:

Epic Aesthetic said:I’ll give it a shout. I go through Anime phases, but can’t keep up with some of them. I love Naruto, think the world is amazing.. just wish it was a bit darker and aimed at a more adult audience.

If you haven’t watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I would recommend it. Adult concepts, some darkness. Really solid anime. Dubbed isn’t bad either and most of it on Netflix.

Yeah I original watched Full Metal Alchemist, then recently started watching Brotherhood. Such a cool story, seems really innocent and sweet - then deals with some really adult themes and twists, which really catch you off guard and make them especially poignant.

Daisy put me onto it in 2011 ^_^

At first of was wondering why all these actors from the SyFy channel show “Continuum” were appearing on the new X-Files season until I remembered that the actor that played the cigarette smoking man on X-Files also acted in Continuum. Not sure if it goes further than that, like for instance if the two shows share any thing else.

X-Files mini return season has been good. Season Finale tonight.

The walking dead has been good too.

Better Call Saul is back, nothing crazy memorable. I might have to re-watch that season 2 premiere. I guess they cancelled the talk show “Talking Saul”. I don’t see it on for tonight.

I tried giving Colony on the USA channel a chance but it’s just not really grabbing me. Same with the J. Lo and Ray Liotta show “Shades of Blue” on NBC. It’s just not grabbing me.

Still following The Blacklist.

First episode of 11/22/63 was good. The book was great as well.