close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Horrible

Man I was mugged today for my new Galaxy S6 phone and a few bucks. 2nd time in my life I got mugged. At the time all I could think about was loosing that phone but just realized that I could have lost my life. Two guys did it. They can’t even do anything with the phone because I just called the phone company and put a block on the phone. But I had a lot of stuff on that phone. Man this is fucked up. The irony is that last night I forgot to lock my front door and remembered in the morning as the door was open but was thankful that no one came in and I thought how lucky I was to live in such a safe place, not that the mugging happened where I live but it was very close. to where I live. This is scary. I learned a lesson not to be walking on those streets that late at night, it was close to midnight. I’m thankful that I still have my life and was not hurt.

Edit: I don’t even want to say this scary part but I did something stupid during the mugging, I almost put up a fight until I hear one of the dudes say to the other dude “shoot him”. Scariest shit ever. But there wasn’t even a fight, dude just ran my pockets and then ran off.

Also just realizing that I could die and no one on this discussion board would know because I am not that close with anyone on here. And I don’t think anyone I know knows I post on this board. Really sucks.

That’s fucked. Yeah I think in general we get so used to bad shit happening to other people that it’s a real wake up call when it happens to us.

It’s good you didn’t put up a fight, too easy to let ego take over in moments like this. Also fuck America for having guns, you can’t even run away.

Also just realizing that I could die and no one on this discussion board would know because I am not that close with anyone on here. And I don’t think anyone I know knows I post on this board. Really sucks.

Maybe that’s where everyone went?

Epic Aesthetic said:That’s fucked. Yeah I think in general we get so used to bad shit happening to other people that it’s a real wake up call when it happens to us.

It’s good you didn’t put up a fight, too easy to let ego take over in moments like this. Also fuck America for having guns, you can’t even run away.

Maybe that’s where everyone went?

Thanks for replying. I sincerely hope that’s not what happened to people that used to come on here. Anyway I know what I did wrong and if I avoid that then it shouldn’t ever happen again. I look forward to it never happening again. Otherwise I have an excellent life that I should start appreciating more.

Yeah that shit with guns is crazy. My brother was in the barber shop one time last year and some dude came in and shot someone in the head while they were getting their haircut right in front of him. My brother was like 2 feet from that. I’ve seen dead bodies, even cut them open (Gross Anatomy Course and a Death course I took in college) but I never saw someone get shot. That’s some crazy shit.

Anyway it’s all good. I’m glad I have my life and was not even hurt except a little financially but in the long run it’s nothing.

Sorry to hear, but you did the smart thing by not resisting. I’m always mindful of my phone’s visibility, on public transportation or even just leaving the gym.

The only thing that matters is you weren’t hurt though….and second time you say and barbershop killings, where are you from numonic?

Thanks. I’m in New Jersey, Essex county. The other time I got mugged was on my block I think about like 15 years ago. Bunch of dudes, like 4 or 5, in a car jump out the car and run my pockets, didn’t get hurt that time either. Didn’t have anything back then, not even a cell phone so they didn’t really get anything except a few bucks. The barbershop shooting as well as the mugging on my block is rare. But there is some bad areas not to far from me. Bad dudes just trickled in to a pretty nice town.

Maaan. All I can think is, “that really sucks.” Glad you’re safe, boss.

Also just realizing that I could die and no one on this discussion board would know because I am not that close with anyone on here. And I don’t think anyone I know knows I post on this board.

It’s difficult to know the extent to which your life affects others’. I have no doubt that we would very quickly notice the music thread being much quieter, and start asking questions. You’re a part of this community, and that’s truth.

And hey—it’s never too late to start deepening those bonds if that’s what you want!

deStructuralized said:Maaan. All I can think is, “that really sucks.” Glad you’re safe, boss.

Also just realizing that I could die and no one on this discussion board would know because I am not that close with anyone on here. And I don’t think anyone I know knows I post on this board.

It’s difficult to know the extent to which your life affects others’. I have no doubt that we would very quickly notice the music thread being much quieter, and start asking questions. You’re a part of this community, and that’s truth.

And hey—it’s never too late to start deepening those bonds if that’s what you want!

Not to piggyback but you couldn’t have said it any better. I mean ever since I started posting and going to shows I’ve become pretty good friends with a few blueschoolers. I mean the megashow for me was kind of the start of that. I met so many different people from the forums in one night and they were all amazing people. So yes its never too late. I mean a lot of us started posting here because we all have pretty similar tastes in music and a bunch of other stuff so its pretty easy to get along with just about anyone who is a blueschooler. Its just a good thing you’re ok and that they didn’t hurt you or anything like that. It still sucks but at least you’re not seriously hurt.

Hey Numonic, I just moved into Hudson County last year. I was born in Newark, but moved to the Poconos when I was a kid. I remember those streets being pretty rough back then, so I can only imagine now. I hear you on not taking walks late at night. It’s something I still do from time to time and I’m always conscious of my surroundings. Glad you came out unharmed.