close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: Polymer Documentary Standalone Blu-Ray + Music Videos ::

You heard it here first:
The DVD that comes with the Polymer CD will contain the documentary only.

There will be a subsequent standalone release of the documentary + ALL of the music videos on one Blu-Ray. I’m just getting into production of video #6, and hoping to knock out another if possible, but I won’t release the Blu-Ray until they’re all complete.

What sayeth you?

This is great news. I saw your tweet about another video and while I was really excited to hear it, it kind of got me worried it would delay the album further. Great to see that’s not the case since it’s being releasing this way. And fuck yeah to a blu-ray release. Can’t wait for it.

Do you plan on releasing any videos online for promotion of the full album though?

I love this news. I love how Polymer is getting such special treatment compared to everything else that’s been released on QN5.

I’ve been following you for over 10 years and only had 1 and a half Tonedeff videos - now we get six all at once? FUCK. YES.

I haven’t bought a DVD since the first half of Breaking Bad Season 5. Never owned a Blu-Ray.

I’d buy that shit. I’d buy that shit hard.

Six or seven videos? Fuckers. I am not emotionally ready for Polymer.

Revision said:Six or seven videos? Fuckers. I am not emotionally ready for Polymer.

It’s really really really not a game. I’m going all in on this one.

Fantastic news. I always hoped these videos would get the chance to be highlighted together in the release somehow given the sheer amount attached to this project, and a standalone disc works just as well if not better to accomplish that.

The completist in me greedily wants every music video featuring Tone as guest star or director ever made to be included on a (baby)Blu-Ray for one tidy collection, but with respect to Polymer uniformity, I understand going this route for this release. Perhaps something to consider for the future though, ala the Deffinitions series.

So the Documentary will be in Standard def with the CD, but HD with the the Blu-Ray?

Epic Aesthetic said:So the Documentary will be in Standard def with the CD, but HD with the the Blu-Ray?

Correct.

Will the Blu-Ray be a limited pressing?

mattthegod said:Will the Blu-Ray be a limited pressing?

Most likely, but I haven’t decided yet. (Damn near everything we do is a limited pressing anyway, so… )

Tonedeff said:

mattthegod said:Will the Blu-Ray be a limited pressing?

Most likely, but I haven’t decided yet. (Damn near everything we do is a limited pressing anyway, so… )

Yeah that makes sense. I kind of figured it would be limited but that it might be too soon for that to be put out there. Either way I definitely plan on ordering it the moment its put up.