close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

CunninLynguists :: Official ‘Rose Azura Njano [LP] Anticipation Thread ::

Haven’t kept up with the EP releases, but I just listed to Violet and it’s great. Got me excited for the album. I am going to wait until the final project is out to listen to it in full. Seems like a lot of press is coming out for the album which is great!

Will there be a physical release or a release outside of Itunes? I noticed Violet was available on the RBC records Soundcloud, is this the label that the album is going to be released on?

Can’t wait to hear the album!

*EDIT* Tweeted Kno and he said “RAN will be on all digital platforms, & on CD (online & in-store, including select Best Buys) on Oct 6th via RBC Records. Vinyl a tad later”.

Waiting for that Vinyl!

I’m very excited for this album. Red Bird, Violet, and Any Way The Wind Blows are stellar.

I just spotted this and thought I would share it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rose-Azura-Njano-Explicit-Cunninlynguists/dp/B075FHRLVX

30 seconds of “Oh Honey” - I hadn’t heard it before.

Not long to wait now…....

Full song of Oh Honey is available for purchase on itunes now. Didn’t notice that before. It’s on spotify as well.

My initial thoughts on the song…. wow. I have no words for this song other than I haven’t had a song blow me away this much from them all together as a group since Oneirology. I loved SJV3 and Winterfire as well as What’s a star, but this shit literally made me tear up. I’ve played it 10 straight times. I absolutely love it.

^Agreee with Matt, this song is amazing and I haven’t stopped listening to it. I can not wait till October 6th to come

I can’t remember if it was Timo or Zack that said it… but when CL are about to put out an ALBUM as a group, its a different type of energy. As amazing as the Strange Journey projects have been (and they have been dope), there’s a clear difference between one of those and a proper LP.

This song in particular is a prime example of that. The shit is absolutely MOON status. Riot, Red Bird, Violet, Gone, & now Oh Honey. I’m ABSOLUTELY hyped. Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album. The rest of the songs from the EPs that I didn’t mention are incredible too.

They leaked “No Universe Without Harmony” on Youtube as well.

It feels a bit weird having heard the majority of the album before the release, but on the bright side, everything is sounding dope so far.

The album just dropped on iTunes in Denmark. I haven’t listened to it from start to end yet, but damn, the “Njano” part is pure gold. “Hustlers” (with an awesome hook by Kno) and “Earth to Venus” are instant favorites.

My goddddddddddddddd.

It’s worth every second of the wait. This is phenomenal.

I concur with what’s been said so far. This album is absolutely phenomenal. So far I would probably say my favorites are Hustlers and Oh Honey.

So are the CD’s sold on Bandcamp different from the ones on Best Buy and Amazon?

Loewi said:So are the CD’s sold on Bandcamp different from the ones on Best Buy and Amazon?

The ones on Amazon and Best Buy are in a jewel case I believe. The ones on their bandcamp are digipacks. The digipacks are limited and I believe the one on Amazon and Best Buy is the standard edition. I could be wrong though but I thought I saw a picture of the Jewel Case version on Knos twitter so I assume that’s the normal version of the CD. Either way I always go with the limited edition. Just my preference personally.

This album is seriously phenomenal. Hustlers especially. That song may end up being one of my favorites that they’ve put out. Only thing that could’ve made it better was if Deacon had a verse on it. That song shows that Kno can hold his own too when it comes to hooks. I feel like he gets overshadowed a bit by Deacon at times in that regard. These guys are fucking monsters. Best group in hip hop without having to think twice to me.

This very well may be my AOTY so far. As of right now it’s between this and Altars for me.

mattthegod said:This very well may be my AOTY so far. As of right now it’s between this and Altars for me.

For me, Open Mike Eagle’s ”Brick Body Kids Still Daydream” is up there as well, but yeah, Rose Azura Njano is incredible.

It actually exceeded my expectations. I knew of course it would be solid and dope, but not only does the last portion contain some major highlights; many of the songs from the EPs seem greater in the context in the album as well. Thematically, everything comes together beautifully.

“The Purple Haze left behind
As a long goodbye
To a clouds short life in the sky
Eventually rain down purple
On this tiny blue marble
As a soundtrack to when doves cry”
Dammmmmmmmmmmmn.

Revision said:“The Purple Haze left behind
As a long goodbye
To a clouds short life in the sky
Eventually rain down purple
On this tiny blue marble
As a soundtrack to when doves cry”
Dammmmmmmmmmmmn.

One of my favorite moments on the entire album. Natti is a beast.

Yea Natti on that wild 5th of patron poetry vibes on some of these cuts. Mad
Also the three time beats +++ and Deac for them blues. Bam

All these hustlers…

Dope album.

Deacon’s verse on Red Bird might be the verse of the year. So much symbolism in the lyrics and emotion put in to the delivery. That shit gives me chills every time I listen to it.

Thanks to you guys for another great show in Bristol on Thursday. My son and his g/f also loved you at the Jazz Cafe. Smile

I’ve gotta say Rose Azura Njano is one of my favorite albums of the last few years, and even though it’s only been out in the wild for a little over a week I think it’s my favorite CL album front-to-back since A Piece of Strange.

I’m pretty sure this is the first CunninLynguists LP where Deacon has a full production credit too. I didn’t even realize it until I started looking at the album credits. His work meshes so well that I had no idea, but when you listen with that information in mind and having spent so much time with Peace or Power, you can hear it. I love this record.

houstonz said:I’ve gotta say Rose Azura Njano is one of my favorite albums of the last few years, and even though it’s only been out in the wild for a little over a week I think it’s my favorite CL album front-to-back since A Piece of Strange.

I’m pretty sure this is the first CunninLynguists LP where Deacon has a full production credit too. I didn’t even realize it until I started looking at the album credits. His work meshes so well that I had no idea, but when you listen with that information in mind and having spent so much time with Peace or Power, you can hear it. I love this record.

I think this record is phenomenal too. Oneirology and DIS are still my two favorite projects from these guys (I’m including group efforts and solo efforts in that) but this is very close. I’d say its probably the best thing we’ve gotten from them since and given how much I’ve loved everything they’ve done between Oneirology and this that says a lot. This is a masterpiece. I expected an amazing project but this surpassed that expectation completely.

houstonz said:I’ve gotta say Rose Azura Njano is one of my favorite albums of the last few years, and even though it’s only been out in the wild for a little over a week I think it’s my favorite CL album front-to-back since A Piece of Strange.

I still consider Oneirology their best and most impressive album, but I understand if others will find Rose Azura Njano more appealing; it’s definitely more accesible.

Is Deacon credited for production on specific songs or just the album as a whole? I’ve only bought the iTunes edition and I’m wondering, since the two EPs just says “produced by Kno” on Bandcamp.

Friis said:I still consider Oneirology their best and most impressive album, but I understand if others will find Rose Azura Njano more appealing; it’s definitely more accesible.

Is Deacon credited for production on specific songs or just the album as a whole? I’ve only bought the iTunes edition and I’m wondering, since the two EPs just says “produced by Kno” on Bandcamp.

Co-Production on “Mr. Morganfield & Ms. Waters” - I’m assuming the second half - and full credit for “Earth to Venus”.

Friis said:

I still consider Oneirology their best and most impressive album, but I understand if others will find Rose Azura Njano more appealing; it’s definitely more accesible.

Agreed. This comes pretty close though.

Where else on the internet is this album being discussed? Aside from this thread, I don’t see anything else here, or on reddit or anywhere else. I can’t even find more than a couple reviews, either.

DEHH just uploaded their glowing review of the album

johnz1 said:Where else on the internet is this album being discussed? Aside from this thread, I don’t see anything else here, or on reddit or anywhere else. I can’t even find more than a couple reviews, either.

Welcome to life as a QN5 fan.

johnz1 said:Where else on the internet is this album being discussed? Aside from this thread, I don’t see anything else here, or on reddit or anywhere else. I can’t even find more than a couple reviews, either.

New CL always gets a few posts on Okayplayer, feel free to jump in on these:
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2996503&mesg_id=2996503&listing_type=search
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2995320&mesg_id=2995320&listing_type=search

There were also 2 for Rose and Azura separately.