close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff Future Tonedeff Collaboration

Tone is doing something on Wordsworth’s new LP. I suspect dope lyrics with a high chance of wordplay.

Edit: Changed the heading with the news of a collab with Ceschi. So, that is Chino XL, Wordsworth, Ceschi, Deacon, I Am Many coming up…damn. Polymer ain’t just landing all by itself.

Looks like the collab with I Am Many is gonna be on the beat Tone shared on Periscope/SnapChat. That’s gonna be insane.

Tonedeff post-Polymer victory lap is gonna be cool.

Hopefully Polymer will make enough noise that more collabs will be possible in the future too.

Was listening to this yesterday and couldn’t help but imagine Tone over it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdiTEkWj0xk

houstonz said:Looks like the collab with I Am Many is gonna be on the beat Tone shared on Periscope/SnapChat.

Dope! Where did you see that?

I’m really happy to see Tone jumping on so many collabs. I can’t wait to hear the one with Ceschi!

SnapChat in Wednesday I think.

I swear I don’t understand why SnapChat is a thing to be totally honest. But snippets is snippets.

Revision said:Tonedeff post-Polymer victory lap is gonna be cool.

WORD!

houstonz said:SnapChat in Wednesday I think.

I swear I don’t understand why SnapChat is a thing to be totally honest. But snippets is snippets.

I don’t get it either, but that’s where the people is…so I go where the people be. haha
Definitely trying to make it entertaining though. Smile

Tone on Twitter:
Just LACED the brother @Wordsworth_eMC with a verse for our 1st duo-collab, “So Ridiculous”. Stay tuned.

Now part of me reads this as “Yep, just our first duo together”, but the better part of me reads this as “our 1st duo-collab of many in progress.” You can’t have a 1st of something without a second and a third, right? Wordsworth-Tonedeff collab EP? They could call themselves Deffwørds (yep, I think the o would have the line through it).

Been too busy to check but has the new Wordsworth album dropped and is the Tonedeff feature on it?

Edit: nevermind just checked and it did drop but no Tonedeff feature on it.

Any dream collabs that anyone would like to see added to the list?

Tone + HZ: Beyond just the “Sunrise” RMX (which I’m super stoked is happening), like an EP. I think they’d even mesh well on a Peter Anthony Red collaboration.

Tone could rip some shit with Run The Jewels too.

Slug of Atmosphere did an interview recently overseas and was asked about the kind of songs he would make with various rappers, Tone was one he was asked about. I liked his response. Slug and Tone have been two of my favorite artists for 10 years now and it would be cool to see them work on something one day.

https://youtu.be/MI5mAZsdpCc @ 13:52

houstonz said:Slug of Atmosphere did an interview recently overseas and was asked about the kind of songs he would make with various rappers, Tone was one he was asked about. I liked his response. Slug and Tone have been two of my favorite artists for 10 years now and it would be cool to see them work on something one day.

https://youtu.be/MI5mAZsdpCc @ 13:52

Very cool. Yes, Slug and Tone would be a very cool song.

I’m hoping with the surge of EPs over the past couple of years that some cool combinations happen. Hectic Zeniths and Tone EP would be sick. Tone and Wordsworth EP. (A Kno/Deacon produced Felt EP would be awesome.) etc. etc. etc. I hope the Winter Fire and Phantom Limbs type experimentation is a regular thing going forward and that some odd combinations occur. I’d love to see dueling EPs of Fjer and Tonedeff and Fjer and PAR. I think that could be very cool.

I think a Tonedeff, Slug, & Brother Ali collab song would sound great. I just can’t think of what it would be about.

Still pretty left-field but I will always want a Tone/Chino Moreno collaboration. He’s done a range of tracks with different types of musicians over the years, including big and small artists, hip-hop and electronic. I think they would gel really well stylistically and I’d love to hear some combined harmonies.

I’ll say Diplo, since Mr. Deff himself has said he knows he could do something special over his production. That’s enough to sell me on the idea.

All of these ideas are dope. Have to admit, I’d love the Chino/Tone collab. It would be too crazy, but with the JMSN joint on Phantom Limbs, I actually thought Kno could pull it off as producer.

Anyway: I was listening for the 100th time to Cold Winter and thought it would be cool to have Tone and Sheisty together on a track (or have Sheisty do a remix of one of the Polymer joints: Moment I though would sound cool or a CL fam version of Lucky.) I’d dig that. But that’s just me being selfish.

(As a weird aside, some track came into my feed somewhere with a “feat. Tonedeff” that was decidedly not Tonedeff. Spelled exactly the same. What the fuck? Google exists now fuckers.)

“Hunter (LoFidel RMX)” on deck for RMX VOL. 5

Tonedeff said:“Hunter (LoFidel RMX)” on deck for RMX VOL. 5

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

This RMX Vol. 5 is on a roll.

*fingers crossed for a Kno RMX of a Phantom track*