close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain Instrumentals Series Discussion Thread

I’m actually kind of surprised a topic for this hasn’t been made yet.

Anyways, what instrumentals do you guys want to see on the next few projects in the series? I can imagine that after hearing Peace or Power that most people will pick songs from the album.

This series I think will be good for Deacon. I think it’s a good way to give people an idea of how dope he is as a producer. I always wanted to see him put out a series similar to what Kno did with the Excrementals series and now that we have the first installment I figured why not have a discussion about it.

Some oldies but goodies: Take Me Back, Mind Won’t Behave

I think he and Kno may have co-produced Mind Won’t Behave, but either way.. I would love to have that instrumental.

Yeah Mind Won’t Behave is definitely a good one. Actually, the songs on the Sloppy Seconds tapes are the only CL projects where I don’t have any of the instrumentals. Several of those songs made it on to the Excrementals projects but I could never even find digital copies of those.

Anyway, I wouldn’t mind being able to have the instrumental for The Prodigal from Tragedy & Dope. I think a lot of Deacons most underrated production work was done on that album actually. I also wouldn’t mind having the instrumental for Digital Video.

I’m wondering if Deacon will release physical copies similar to the way Kno did for the Excrementals series. I’d love to add this to my physical QN5 collection. Maybe a box set or something like that.

THAT GAD DAMN “STREETS OF CHICAGO” TRACK HE MADE FOR THE PIMP MOVIE!!!!

please.

worm9103 said:THAT GAD DAMN “STREETS OF CHICAGO” TRACK HE MADE FOR THE PIMP MOVIE!!!!

please.

Actually, Kno made that. Smile I was present, and may have said something as simple as “Turn the snare up”, but that’s about it on that one. LOL.

As far as some of the other suggestions, I forgot about some of those! hahaha. I’m going to do my best to see if I can dig some of those up! Especially, Mind Won’t Behave. I made that beat, but Kno added the vocal sample in the hook.

Deacon The Villain said:

worm9103 said:THAT GAD DAMN “STREETS OF CHICAGO” TRACK HE MADE FOR THE PIMP MOVIE!!!!

please.

Actually, Kno made that. Smile I was present, and may have said something as simple as “Turn the snare up”, but that’s about it on that one. LOL.

As far as some of the other suggestions, I forgot about some of those! hahaha. I’m going to do my best to see if I can dig some of those up! Especially, Mind Won’t Behave. I made that beat, but Kno added the vocal sample in the hook.

Digital Video would probably be my main choice. That’s actually one of my favorite beats that you have made.

I know that Kno co-produced this track (correct me if I’m wrong), but I wouldn’t mind seeing 616 Rewind on one of them. I mean I already have the instrumental for that from buying the deluxe edition of WRFF on itunes but I’d like to see how that track would fit on a Deacon instrumental project.

Deacon The Villain said:As far as some of the other suggestions, I forgot about some of those! hahaha. I’m going to do my best to see if I can dig some of those up! Especially, Mind Won’t Behave. I made that beat, but Kno added the vocal sample in the hook.

Yesss!

That was probably my favorite track from Sloppy Seconds Vol. 2.

houstonz said:

Deacon The Villain said:As far as some of the other suggestions, I forgot about some of those! hahaha. I’m going to do my best to see if I can dig some of those up! Especially, Mind Won’t Behave. I made that beat, but Kno added the vocal sample in the hook.

Yesss!

That was probably my favorite track from Sloppy Seconds Vol. 2.

It was one of mine too actually. Deacon is a monster dude.

Deacon The Villain said:

please.

no shit!?

oh well!

I know it might not exist but I’d love to hear a full version of The Power that Binds if at all possible. For POP it worked as an interlude but I’d love to hear more of that.

New Instrumentals (vol. II) up on Bandcamp. Bright Lights Big City, Rip the Guts, Devil and the Deep. Awesome.

Only 3 weeks after POP and he ALREADY put up Vol. II of the Instrumentals series. Deacon is a monster. If he keeps up this pace we might get two more parts of the series before Christmas.

This might be taking it too far back, but I wouldn’t mind getting the instrumentals for Woodgrain and Against the Wall.

Also, Be Ready is a fucking beautiful track. I would be interested to see what would happen if that gets used for something down the line.

Vol. 2 is beasting!

Keep Pushin’. Someone should’ve torn that beat down a few years ago.

I’ll have volume three out a couple weeks after this tour ends. Thanks for your props and requests. I’ll do my best to dig up some of these beats you guys have spoken of. I had honestly forgot about some of those!!

Deacon You should make a limited edition of physical release instrumentals that You made. Be sure that I and many of Your fans will buy it. For example, 3 CDs version - it would be dope!

Yes, agreed. I’m late to this series, only just bought Instrumentals 1 (too busy playing Peace or Power!), but I’ll get round to all of them.

Loving your work as always, Deac.

rosek1990 said:Deacon You should make a limited edition of physical release instrumentals that You made. Be sure that I and many of Your fans will buy it. For example, 3 CDs version - it would be dope!

Ha! I may do something like that at some point, but I need to add to the series. There’s going to be more than 3 of them. I have a couple side projects in the works. I’ll release the next round of instrumentals after those drop.

Salute!

Deacon The Villain said:I’ll have volume three out a couple weeks after this tour ends.

that is great news. i’m still listening to these front to back at work on a regular basis

I’ve been going back to these two Instrumental projects a lot lately. Be Ready is unbelievable. It’s just so dark and beautiful. I’m hoping one of these days it gets used for an actual song.

Listened to “Take Me Back” while driving home last night.. That’s probably one of the greatest slept-on tracks of all time. I will never not praise it. lol

I would love to get the instrumental for Strange Fruit. All though that’s probably going back too far.

yeah, I’d like to hear the rest of Peace or Power and the last 4 unreleased instros from Still Motion.

I like to have complete (or nearly complete - like I don’t expect to ever get Seasons or The Format or Dying Breed, for example) instrumental versions of stuff because it’s good to listen to when studying. you get the ‘full album’ experience without distracting vocals