close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Music 2016

Kags: thank you, fam. Can’t begin to express how much I’ve appreciated you and your support through the years.

Revision: man, I owe you gratitude for two reasons! First off, I had no idea NIN newness had recently dropped—I’ll have to peep. Second, the industrial style tracks are ones I’ve always been hesitant to share because people either love ‘em, or hate ‘em. It means a lot to me that you’re on board the train, and I’ll let y’all know once the other five tracks are ready.

Add a new Hashfinger album and a new Gregory Pepper and His Problems album to my list of 2017, those two actually in February.

Started making more use of following artists on bandcamp so I can be updated on when they release new music.

Does anyone know if that works for Spotify? Or how it would work on Spotify? I don’t think I ever get emails from Spotify but I do have my email account with them. I assume if an artist I’m following on Spotify released new music, Spotify would email me about it. I don’t know. I guess it couldn’t hurt to follow my favorite artists on Spotify and find out but I’d really like some alert to let me know when specific artists released new music on Spotify.

Same question for Soundcloud.

A big disappointment of 2016 is this band I’ve been following for some years now that I’ve been patiently waiting for to release an album. The band is The Skins. First the lead singer goes and does some weird project with producer Blockhead. I love Blockhead and I love the singer in The Skins but that project just didn’t work. Then at the end of 2016 they finally release an EP and it is totally void of the sound they’ve had for years which is hard hitting guitar solo riffs. It just sucks when you see so much potential and it gets thrown away.

You can “follow” artists on Spotify. This way, you will get an in-app notification whenever they release new music. Actually comes in pretty handy for those artists you dig but do not have time to keep up with release dates etc.

Numonic said:Add a new Hashfinger album and a new Gregory Pepper and His Problems album to my list of 2017, those two actually in February.

Started making more use of following artists on bandcamp so I can be updated on when they release new music.

Does anyone know if that works for Spotify? Or how it would work on Spotify? I don’t think I ever get emails from Spotify but I do have my email account with them. I assume if an artist I’m following on Spotify released new music, Spotify would email me about it. I don’t know. I guess it couldn’t hurt to follow my favorite artists on Spotify and find out but I’d really like some alert to let me know when specific artists released new music on Spotify.

Same question for Soundcloud.

I don’t think it works for me. I don’t have Premium though. Not sure where the notification in the app is supposed to be but I looked everywhere in the app. Also checked the email linked to the app and got nothing but Spotify adds asking me to upgrade to Premium.

Most likely a Premium only feature then. Works fine for me.

It’s cool, I’ll manage. I’m glad Bandcamp has this New Releases section of the artists you follow. I check that periodically plus get email alerts of new releases and I’ll keep my eye on the artists I like that don’t use bandcamp.