close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Lucy Camp :: Official “SIXTEEN” Video Discussion Thread

Man shes quickly becoming one of my favorites. Cant wait to hear more from you (and the inevitable tone collab, hopefully? please let it be a thing)

I think that this is one of the best songs I’ve heard in quite some time. It’s beautifully written and beautifully produced. You will definitely have my support for the EP. I can’t wait to hear it.

Great song, can’t wait to hear more. I just listened to the original song from Burial that was used, and what Tone…err Peter…added on top of it just adds sooo much more to it.

Lucy Camp said:
Haha

I already felt dumb as hell. Now I feel even dumber. lol

So here’s what happened: I didn’t realize that the second hand was a second hand. Don’t ask me how. I was at work and on top of that, I expected the shit to be complicated.

I got it now. I may miss the stream though.

RoxFontaine said:

Lucy Camp said:
Haha

I already felt dumb as hell. Now I feel even dumber. lol

So here’s what happened: I didn’t realize that the second hand was a second hand. Don’t ask me how. I was at work and on top of that, I expected the shit to be complicated.

I got it now. I may miss the stream though.

Totally understandable, I had a feeling people were going to get confused. No worries if you miss it, details of the EP will eventually be posted.

Epic Aesthetic said:What was the thought process behind using the Burial song?

2jev8ur.png

And just to add, the romantic nature of the vocal sample made sense thematically.
I was actually surprised no one had ever rapped over this track, so we decided to drop this first before Kanye or Drake got to it. Wink

Nice. It definitely fits, I was just curious - especially as it feels so faithful to the original.

Also, I still am missing where this livestream info is and feel kinda stupid..?

Damn! Savage flow, nicely done.

Epic Aesthetic said:Nice. It definitely fits, I was just curious - especially as it feels so faithful to the original.

The 320 represents the time and date, so the Q&A is scheduled for Sunday, March 20th at 3:20pm. The livestream will be on her YouTube channel I imagine. The information was pinned on her Twitter page.

Funcrusher said:

Epic Aesthetic said:Nice. It definitely fits, I was just curious - especially as it feels so faithful to the original.

The 320 represents the time and date, so the Q&A is scheduled for Sunday, March 20th at 3:20pm. The livestream will be on her YouTube channel I imagine. The information was pinned on her Twitter page.

Ah I don’t check twitter regularly, thanks!

Am I the only one unfamiliar with the producer Burial? I’m usually in bizarro world when it comes to music, I know all the people most don’t know and none of the people most do know. I’d like more info on him/her?

Numonic said:Am I the only one unfamiliar with the producer Burial? I’m usually in bizarro world when it comes to music, I know all the people most don’t know and none of the people most do know. I’d like more info on him/her?

one of my favorite artists of the last 10 years. if you had to put a genre its like post-dubstep/‘future/ambient garage’...he makes lots of melodic/emotive shuffly collage beats with pitched vocal samples. skip his self-titled album and start at “Untrue”, which is where Archangel is from, my favorite track on that album though is “Shell Of Light” which I could listen to for forever…To me, the EPs that followed, Street Halo / Kindred / Rival Dealer were even better than the album. My favorite description of his music I once read was something like it sounds like “riding public transportation past a club in London as its raining and shutting down at 3am”...he also has some collabs with Thom Yorke/Four Tet/Massive Attack which you gotta hear, “Moth” and “Ego” especially.
if you dig that, there’s a million guys on soundcloud/bandcamp who took his “Untrue” style and ran with it but I dig them as well…Volor Flex and NoCow are two that i like quite a bit
[/fanboy]