close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Lucy Camp 3/20/16 - Facebook Live Q&A

Just got home. Should be live in about 15 minutes! Woo!

Oh shit! I can’t believe I forgot about this. I was out today, I got home in time (in fact been home for a couple hours), but I had other things on my mind but I was still not that busy though, literally sitting on my couch, I get this bandcamp email about the upcoming EP by Lucy Camp, believe it or not this still didn’t trigger a reminder about the livestream for me and it would have been too late anyway as I got the email at 4 pm PST. I get on these boards ready to post about the EP email and SLAP! It hits me, I missed the livestream.

Suggestion, maybe in the future do the live stream on Periscope, I get notifications on my phone for that. Maybe notifications have spoiled me and turned my memory to shit.

But good thing I see that it was recorded and can be viewed on her Facebook page.

I had a busy weekend, don’t blame me.

Where can we order a physical copy of Down Talk? I was wondering if there was actually a link to buy it physically or if we just do the same thing we did for Virago.

Seems like it’s digital-only at this point?

Am I losing my mind or did no one on the livestream ask if Lucy has done a song with Tone?

I’m pretty sure I saw it asked, but not all questions were addressed. Particularly ones about features/production.

mattthegod said:Where can we order a physical copy of Down Talk? I was wondering if there was actually a link to buy it physically or if we just do the same thing we did for Virago.

Down Talk will only be a digital download

Numonic said:Am I losing my mind or did no one on the livestream ask if Lucy has done a song with Tone?

There was a large amount of traffic in the Q&A, so unfortunately not all questions were answered.

Already put down a pre order for Down Talk, can’t wait. Lucy emphasized during the Q&A that it’s going to have a completely different style from her earlier work.

Ah ok. I have a feeling the collaboration will happen sooner or later but I’m sure Lucy can hold her own on the EP as she did very well on Virago. I’m really excited for that EP.

Dope livestream and love the clip from the next single. What is it about people of Latino heritage that gives them such dope rap flows? I think a majority of the best flows in rap come from rappers that have a Latino background.

Also dope that Lucy had a hiphop elective in high school, wish I had that when I was in high school but instead we just kicked rhymes in the hallway.

I thought the tour Africa question as well as her reaction was funny.

Thanks to Tonedeff and Lucy Camp for continuing the Livestream trend into the Quintic era. It’s really awesome being able to see/hear great artists outside of performance mode. Already have Down Talk preordered and I’ll definitely be sending some money to Lucy on PayPal for a physical of Virago. This just makes me even more excited for what’s coming up for Quintic.

Hey Lucy, one question I would have asked you had I been on the livestream is, did Tone give you any advice about being in the music industry? And if so what advice did he give you?

Actually to add on to that have you received advice from any other music artists that have been in the music industry for a while and if so what advice have you gotten?

Is there any place I can see this Q&A? It doesn’t appear to be on the facebook.