Please login

Forgot your password?

Lucy Camp :: THE OFFICIAL ‘DOWN TALK’ [EP] DISCUSSION THREAD ::

DOWNLOAD ‘DOWN TALK [EP]’ HERE

a1587679155_10.jpg

TRACKLISTING
1. Down Talk (Intro) - [Produced By Peter Anthony Red] - 01:02
2. Shake It Baby - [Produced By GrandRiggety] - 03:06
3. Can I Forget You? - [Produced By GrandRiggity / Co-Produced: Peter Anthony Red] - 04:03
4. Be You (feat. Fjer & Tonedeff) - [Produced By AJ Rice] - 05:13
5. Sixteen - [Produced By Burial] - 04:11

CREDITS:
WRITTEN BY: Lucy Camp
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Peter Anthony Red
RECORDED @: QUINTIC Sound (NYC)
PHOTOGRAPHY: Chad Griffith

IIRC, in the livestream Lucy said she was going for an ambient sound with this EP, which is exciting. I’m looking forward to it, as well as the secretive production. haha

*fingers crossed for HZ/PAR/Kno*

Kno sent Lucy a beat!

Numonic said:Kno sent Lucy a beat!

Yes and it shall be flames, but this Kno beat does not appear on Down Talk.

Are we gonna have to wait till Wednesday before we get the further details (artwork, tracklist etc.) on the EP? I’m really excited to see the production credits.

Midnight?

I’ve been thinking.. Houston has been flooded the last couple days so I’m just sitting at home. Now things will likely clear up tomorrow and I’m actually gonna have other shit to go take care of. Dang! lol

Release time tomorrow is 12 PM PST

Tone just posted the artwork on Twitter, looks nice!

https://twitter.com/tonedeff/status/722648983936581632?s=09

Excited about Day Camp! Fjer/Tonered/L.C. on a track together. Very cool. (Hope you are dry Houstonz).

Thank you, all is good over here. Now where is 2pm at.. lol

Great EP, and according to Lucy the positive has been feedback 😁

Some quick first impressions:
1. Shake it Baby is my favorite track on the album. You remixers out there should have fun with that hook.
2. The EP title is perfect. Didn’t get it on first listen, but when I heard it, it got all the four songs perfectly.
3. Fjer is a beast. That stuff on Stan’s Always EP and now this shows she’s got crazy hook game.
4. Lucy is going to be as difficult as Tone was to figure a shirt with lyrics on it.
5. Great to hear Grand Riggity production! I always loved the sound of Pack’s Want What’s Mine. So, it was very cool to hear something newer from him. The rest of the production fit perfectly as well.

The EP was great from start to finish. My favorite overall track though was Can I Forget You. The lyrics on that song just really resonated with me.

Lucy, I’m not sure if this is asking for too much but I think it would be great if some of the tracks from Down Talk could get annotations on Rap Genius. Especially “Can I Forget You” and “Shake it Baby” which I thought had very strong messages.

Peace. Be You. Feels. Dope job by everyone.

Tone’s verse - *fist in the air* Fjer’s spacious hook - heart melts.

I’ma bump more often and digest but just wanted to shout Luz on the EP and can’t to hear more.