close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion TV in 2016

  • spoiler alert for anyone that has not watched The Walking Dead season 6 finale ****

</li>

 

 


That Walking Dead season finale, I don’t know. I feel like the show is running out of ideas. I really think they should approach the cure situation and not act like it is show suicide. It’s obvious after all these years they’re still afraid of being cancelled. It was a good season but that ending, I don’t know and I applauded the Glen thing as it was creative to put us in Maggie’s and the rest of the groups shoes but this season finale seemed more of an act of desperation than clever writing. One thing about the Glen near death experience, if you’ve never watched Walking dead, you will most likely never feel that moment unless you watched it around the time it aired because more than likely you will get some sort of spoiler as there have been many Glen images in future episodes and even the non Walking dead fan would have seen him somehow after that episode, like in a comercial or whatever, which kind of makes me think it’s Glen in the season Finale. The less Glen stays in the story the better for what the writers wanted as far as the near death experience episode. If Glen were to stay in the story in the next season, that near death experience would be harder to not spoil for new fans as they would probably catch a glimpse of him in a current season episode and when they binge watch to catch up and that near death experience episode comes on, they’ll know Glen survives ruining the effect, if it hasn’t already been spoiled with Glen’s appearance in the second half of season 6. Otherwise that neat Death experience was only for the die hard fans that are always up to date with the show. Not sure if people will understand what I mean.

 

 

 

 


  • end spoiler ***

</li>


April shows:

Finishing up Better Call Saul

I like Chicago Med, kind of brings me back to the days of ER although I only really started watching ER in its last few seasons. Except in Chicago Med there is no funny character, everyone is serious. Still a good show.

I’m still following The Blacklist, returns April 7th

Orphan Black on BBC returns this month too

12 Monkeys on SyFy also returns in April.

Fear The Walking Dead is another one I’m following and Season 2 returns this month of April.

I’ve never gotten the impression that TWD is afraid of being cancelled. lol They rake in the viewers.

I’m digging The Family on ABC so far. Still not sure where they’re going with it

amplifya said:I’m digging The Family on ABC so far. Still not sure where they’re going with it

I may try that one next.

Recently watched first season of Fargo, which I really enjoyed. Making my way through daredevil now. Also watching Hulu shows 11/22/63 and the path. I’m actually enjoying Hulu a lot more than Netflix right now.

Netflix new show called the ranch was actually pretty funny imo, and I’m not really a fan of Ashton Kutcher at all. The dad in the show is great though (the narrator from the big lebowski)

houstonz said:I’ve never gotten the impression that TWD is afraid of being cancelled. lol They rake in the viewers.

That’s true. I don’t know what I was saying. After thinking about it, that finale was smart, it gives the writers freedom on where to take the story and also gives fans something to think about and analyze until October.

Did you guys get Happy Valley over there? Third series finished here the other week, terrific show. Likewise Line Of Duty, third season just started here. The very best of the BBC. still a fine institution despite its critics.

The Detour on TBS is kind of funny.

Last Man on Earth is funny.

lastmanonearth_poster_whole.jpg

I only seen commercials but I never got in to Last Man on Earth. If the commercials don’t pull me in, I’ve little hope for the show.

I gave Billions on Showtime a chance, it stars Paul Giamatti. But the show seems like it will kind of be like The Colony on SyFy (as far as the whole husband and wife conflict thing) which I gave up on after episode 2. I’m struggling to get through episode 2 of Billions, not sure I want to but no one has a gun to my head so why am I even saying anything. But I’m going to give Billions another chance and continue the season.

Liked daredevil season one but for some reason, I can’t bring myself to get through season 2. Only 2 episodes in.

Better Call Saul just got real. That last episode. Wow! Season finale is next. I was just thinking if this show goes on long enough it possibly could rival Breaking Bad, I can already see Jim taking that path Walt took going from small time crook to big time with lies and cover ups galore.

Is Better Call Saul still considered a prequel to Breaking Bad? I think I remember them saying on that one episode of Talking Saul that they changed it up and it’s no longer a prequel. I really don’t care, I think the Jimmy Saul story can go far on it’s own, it wouldn’t bother me if this was like some alternate universe type show. I think it can go far without the Breaking Bad undertones.

Edit: just rewatched talking saul online and no it was not said that they are straying away from it being like a prequel but Bob hoped they did. Now that I’ve gotten to know Jimmy I too like Bob hope this show breaks out to be more than a prequel but it might be too late since they already put those future visions in the series. It’s just, knowing Jimmy’s ultimate fate might limit the story, like in life or death situations, we know Jimmy will survive but of course the writers are good enough to keep the story entertaining without having Jimmy’s life in the balance so I have hope for it to become an excellent show regardless.

Saul and The Blacklist are my favorite shows right now.

Daredevil Season 2 took like over half the season before I got hooked but I’m glad I finished it. You will get that feeling from Season 1 again if you can get through the part leading up to Punisher going to prison.

The Trashman said:Daredevil

I haven’t watched this yet, but I’m seeing lots of internet comments that Jessica Jones is better than Daredevil - anyone watched that yet? I’m thinking of watching that if I need something besides Banshee and The Family

I LOVE Jessica Jones. I enjoy Daredevil too, but Jessica Jones definitely has the nod for me.

amplifya said:

The Trashman said:Daredevil

I haven’t watched this yet, but I’m seeing lots of internet comments that Jessica Jones is better than Daredevil - anyone watched that yet? I’m thinking of watching that if I need something besides Banshee and The Family

I found Jessica Jones to be vapid.

It’s like “Ugh I was just sexually assaulted while being mind controlled. Now I need to rough it up with this black guy with a lowly profession. Oooooh I’m soo risque, dating a black person (Luke Cage). Such edginess, I’m a hero! Did I mention that I’ve had some rough times? Watch us have sex now.” Yet when I stopped watching they hadn’t actually developed the Luke Cage character at all aside from he’s a bartender and the knife broke when he got stabbed.

I just didn’t care about anything in the show and interracial couples aren’t edgy to me. I find it semi-offensive when they are presented that way in this day and age (unlike, for instance, the way it was presented in APOS, which had depth and a more appropriate context).

I do think Purple Man is a great villain, although I didn’t think he was quite creepy enough. Meanwhile in Daredevil, D’Onofrio gave one of the best performances on a TV show ever as Kingpin and Bernthal nailed Punisher better than anyone before.

Jessica Jones is like an HBO version of a superhero show, where it’s trying to be more “cool” than actual substance or heart. The comic book genre really doesn’t work at all without heart, IMO. I stopped watching after about 10 episodes or so, no interest to go back since. I’d rather watch X-Men: Evolution.

Maybe I’m just not the target audience (somehow) for this Marvel show, and I wouldn’t bash someone for enjoying it. Some people enjoy watching Real Housewives, who am I to judge?

/rant

Anyone else that watches the new show Game of Silence on NBC think it was the pregnant widow that shot the guy with that gun she claimed was her dead husbands? I’m almost certain that will be revealed but I was expecting by the end of the second episode for them to reveal the type of gun the guy was killed with to bring her in to suspicion. She showed a bad side by drinking while pregnant, I think that makes it more likely she killed the guy.

In other news I can’t believe The Blacklist, I understand her situation but I hope it’s a ruse so that she can get away from Red but I don’t think it is, I think it’s certain what happened.

The Trashman said:

It’s like “Ugh I was just sexually assaulted while being mind controlled. Now I need to rough it up with this black guy with a lowly profession. Oooooh I’m soo risque, dating a black person (Luke Cage). Such edginess, I’m a hero! Did I mention that I’ve had some rough times? Watch us have sex now.” Yet when I stopped watching they hadn’t actually developed the Luke Cage character at all aside from he’s a bartender and the knife broke when he got stabbed.

I just didn’t care about anything in the show and interracial couples aren’t edgy to me. I find it semi-offensive when they are presented that way in this day and age

Sorry, but I gotta call you out on this post now that I’ve watched more episodes:
The show does not address the topic of race in the episodes you watched, even once. The Luke Cage character could just as easily be a tall muscular white, asian, or hispanic man. He owns and runs his own bar in New York City, why’s that a ‘lowly profession’? I don’t see a single way it was portrayed any differently than sexual relationship between two people of the same race.

My brother put me on to this upcoming show trailer about a Nigerian kid trying to fit in but his parents are making it difficult. I’m ROTFL, this is too funny.

African Booty Scratcher

https://youtu.be/v1PaYSwdPEI


Spoiler for The Blacklist for those that haven’t watched this season yet….


This new season of 12 Monkeys has been so bad I’m very close to giving up on the show, The last few episodes of The Blacklist after Liz died has been kind of bad. I actually think I only really liked the show for James Spader’s comical quips but there were some clever interesting parts to it. Seems like the show is on it’s last leg especially after losing one of its main characters.

amplifya said:
Sorry, but I gotta call you out on this post now that I’ve watched more episodes:
The show does not address the topic of race in the episodes you watched, even once. The Luke Cage character could just as easily be a tall muscular white, asian, or hispanic man. He owns and runs his own bar in New York City, why’s that a ‘lowly profession’? I don’t see a single way it was portrayed any differently than sexual relationship between two people of the same race.

Fair enough, I might have been a little harsh, plus since I only saw a few episodes my opinion was based in ignorance. I just don’t like that character or actress and I felt the show was pandering to the HBO audience as edgy and mature without having any real substance or significance.

TBH, my issues are rooted in the comics. From the fact that this Jessica Jones character is a walking retcon, to the fact that she was created by the ultimate comic crook Brian Michael Bendis. A writer who can give you two issues of the same book a month and be given full control by Marvel to write an ongoing series for years yet somehow he never actually delivers any meaningful story arcs.

He’ll do good dialogue, but the story will never go anywhere and you’ll be out another $3.99 each time. I am just bitter perhaps.

Anyway, I’m here to talk about a show I love, just watched a bunch of it on Hulu last week:

nathan_for_you_photo.jpg

I can’t really explain this show, it’s comedy, and it is awesome.

I spoke too soon about 12 monkeys, it took that last episode to put the previous one in perspective.

Nathan for you is pretty good man

Also the Eric Andre show

Stranger things and the night of are both incredible so far.

Flash is good. I wasn’t sold at first but when things started becoming really wacky sci-fi with time travel, Gorilla Grodd, and the overacting of Captain Cold, it hooked me.

Stranger Things was basically my Saturday this weekend. Great show that I think will stay with me for a while. Honestly, might even be worth of rewatch.

Hannibal was good in the 1st season but not sure if there’s more that would intrigue me moving into Season 2.

Mr. Robot is making it’s way up my list of priorities.

The Trashman said:Flash is good. I wasn’t sold at first but when things started becoming really wacky sci-fi with time travel, Gorilla Grodd, and the overacting of Captain Cold, it hooked me.

Stranger Things was basically my Saturday this weekend. Great show that I think will stay with me for a while. Honestly, might even be worth of rewatch.

Hannibal was good in the 1st season but not sure if there’s more that would intrigue me moving into Season 2.

Mr. Robot is making it’s way up my list of priorities.

The Flash has some dope moments, but you got to wade through the CW teenage angst.

Stanger Things was really well done. I dug it.

You need to see Season 2 of Hannibal… you do not need to see Season 3, trust me haha.

Mr. Robot is very well done. Get on that haha.

^ So much less unnecessary angst in Flash than in Arrow, though. When it comes to DC live action television universe, Flash is more or less the best we’ve gotten for a while.

I’m midway through the original Prison Break. This shit is like crack, for real. Offing major characters like it was Game of Thrones…before Game of Thrones was doing it. Looking forward to the new season.

Slowly but surely catching up on BCS as well.

Silicon Valley is still the funniest HBO show out right now by far. Veep has kinda jumped the shark a little bit for me.

If any of you enjoyed One Punch Man (satirical action anime about a dude who finally obtains the super powers of his dreams…only to be absolutely bored out of his mind by them. Dub just hit Adult Swim but the subs are better imo), the creator & artist just released Episodes 1 and 2 of an anime in a similar vein called Mob Psycho 100. Honestly this is the most I’ve laughed at a show in a really long time.

^ Oh wow, I’d heard Adult Swim was going to only have the sub. As someone who likes to multitask, the dub is much easier for me to watch while writing an e-mail or playing 3DS/Hearthstone, so that’s cool with me.

I will need to check out Mob Psycho, but really I can’t wait for Funimation to release the Dragon Ball Super dub. The Return of Future Trunks and arrival of Black Goku, I’ve heard the show is getting really good again.

Season 3 of Bojack Horseman was incredible.

The Trashman said:^ Oh wow, I’d heard Adult Swim was going to only have the sub. As someone who likes to multitask, the dub is much easier for me to watch while writing an e-mail or playing 3DS/Hearthstone, so that’s cool with me.

I will need to check out Mob Psycho, but really I can’t wait for Funimation to release the Dragon Ball Super dub. The Return of Future Trunks and arrival of Black Goku, I’ve heard the show is getting really good again.

Mob Psycho 100:
Episode 1
Episode 2

You won’t regret it

Comedic pacing is on point so far, but I hear shit takes a surprisingly dark turn real fast

I watched the first episode of Stranger Things last night. I dig the vibe. Gonna finish it in the coming week(s).

The Trashman said:I can’t wait for Funimation to release the Dragon Ball Super dub. The Return of Future Trunks and arrival of Black Goku, I’ve heard the show is getting really good again.

I watched the first episode of Super and was mindnumbingly bored. Has it actually got good?

Epic Aesthetic said:

The Trashman said:I can’t wait for Funimation to release the Dragon Ball Super dub. The Return of Future Trunks and arrival of Black Goku, I’ve heard the show is getting really good again.

I watched the first episode of Super and was mindnumbingly bored. Has it actually got good?

Yeah like the first 24 episodes were just recaps of the recent movies, Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, but now they are getting into original stuff and I’ve heard good things. Perhaps Toriyama is finally back into the swing of things again.

They had me at Future Trunks though.

Last night on the BBC: Chris Rock’s Good Hair.

Just amazing. And informative, too.


Not to mention, funny…

“The night of” on HBO has me interested.