close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘QN5 RMX VOL.5’ Appreciation Thread ::

qn5_rmx5_cvr_1kpx.jpg

Discuss.

It’s pretty crazy to realize we’re not only getting a brand new Tonedeff record in a couple weeks, but some awesome remixes too. Woo!

Crispy remix sounded nice. Always loved the printer jam beat.

I am especially excited to see what Kokayi does. Will we have to wait until we receive the physical packages to listen to this?

WHOA!

Fitting Tone gets #5.

I’m guessing the last of this series too.. so not just an exciting project in and of itself, but a way to bow out some QN5 history.

Yeah the remixes we’ve heard so far were fire.. plus really interesting to see how other musicians re-interpret Tone’s music.

who are the producers on this? I missed it.

worm9103 said:who are the producers on this? I missed it.

The full tracklist hasn’t been revealed yet, but Kokayi, Substantial, Hectic Zeniths, Mistabishi and Lofidel have been confirmed along the way.

I’m now even more excited for the remixes. Do we have any idea how many there are going to be?

Also, I wonder if there are any remixes done by Tone himself? I’d love to hear some more V2s even.

I was lucky enough to get my Polydisc last night and this came with it. I’m loving it so far. Amp is a fucking fool for that Sunrise remix. Jesus that shit was incredible. I won’t say anything else. Ya’ll are in for a treat.

I’ve been playing this non-stop for the past week. SO much replay value for a remix project. I think people are gonna be surprised at how much they enjoy it when they hear it for the first time. In my opinion this one completely blows away the first 4 in the series. Then again.. I’m almost certain just from listening to it that he intended for that to be the case.

Don’t sleep on this when you get it with your pre-orders (Polymorph & Polydisc). The documentary is by far the most important piece that comes with the album but this should not be ignored by any means. It’s a brilliant piece of work.

After a few listens Sunrise, Moment, Never, Competitive Nature, Glutton, Filthy V3, and Lucky are firrrrrrre. The Emilia James cover is pretty cool too. I really enjoy that the entire project breathes some new life into some songs that have been out for years already. I’m looking forward to what people cook up with the Open5ource disc.

houstonz said:After a few listens Sunrise, Moment, Never, Competitive Nature, Glutton, Filthy V3, and Lucky are firrrrrrre. The Emilia James cover is pretty cool too. I really enjoy that the entire project breathes some new life into some songs that have been out for years already. I’m looking forward to what people cook up with the Open5ource disc.

The Fjer remix of Never and Broken Arrow V2 are my favorites as of right now. I may like both of those more than the originals.

How about that TTYDSC remix? *cough*

When the cinematic format switches up to the 2step/garage vibe? Tho idk if Blue Schoolers are into that world of music lol.

Kags said:How about that TTYDSC remix? *cough*

When the cinematic format switches up to the 2step/garage vibe? Tho idk if Blue Schoolers are into that world of music lol.

One of my favorites as of right now. Reminds me a bit of Burial’s music. I love it.

mattthegod said:

Kags said:How about that TTYDSC remix? *cough*

One of my favorites as of right now. Reminds me a bit of Burial’s music. I love it.

Thanks. Appreciate that. Happy you dig.

The original version of Centerfold might be even better than the one that’s on Glutton to me. With that being said though I think the V2 on Glutton definitely fits a lot better than the OG one would.

So long time has passed since I preordered Polymer that I actually forgot that the QN5 RMX was not part of the standard edition. I’m a little sad now that I didn’t get the Polymorph or Polydisc, but well… $100 was a lot for a 15-year-old.

That being said, is there any way I can listen to the remixes now even though I only have the standard edition? Maybe put it on bandcamp and sell it for 5-10 bucks?

Porsborg said:That being said, is there any way I can listen to the remixes now even though I only have the standard edition? Maybe put it on bandcamp and sell it for 5-10 bucks?

Ask and ye shall receive:
http://bit.ly/qn5rmx5

Thanks Tone! I am completely drowning in exams until Friday, so this is really something to look forward to when kicking back with a beer in the sun when it’s over.