Done! Smile

Good work kags.

Epic Aesthetic said:

Kags said:^ Nice! Good work.

Even more comments and likes on the 2dopeboyz post will help -
http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/07/27/tonedeff-filthy-xxx-video/

Done! Smile

Good work kags.

some clown is calling it a key and peele sketch on the comments. I’m trying to explain to him that there’s context. He doesn’t get it….

Kags said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8awRqOAZMc

Fantano just reviewed another album.

Of course, we’re hoping for a win here, but it’s been a few weeks now and that review doesn’t look likely at this point, unfortunately. Thus far, we’ve gotten 3 reviews (2 of which are way off the mark) and aren’t expecting anymore since the record has been out now for 3 weeks.

To be frank, we’ve been having a hell of a time getting any of the larger tastemaker outlets (ie. Fader/Noisey/Complex/Pitchfork/etc), to run any sorts of features - ie. they’re passing on all the pitches without giving any reasons. Feel free to speculate. Thank god for 2DopeBoyz, HipHopDX and Watchloud and Kinda Funny who’ve been very supportive thus far.

Interestingly enough, our plan (with a publicist) was to push to “indie” alternative outlets - but they’ve all have balked thus far (with the exception of Impose Magazine). So, essentially, we’re caught between a rock and a hard place with this record. Rap blogs generally don’t “get” the record and review it as such and the “alternative” sites won’t give it a shot to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ALSO, Facebook has flagged the Tonedeff fanpage for “adult content” over the Polymorph cover which features a pair of cartoon nipples. This means FB won’t allow any “boosting” of posts (ie. Zuckerberg extortion which prevents fans who already liked the page from seeing the posts without us paying for them to). This goes for music videos, songs, photos, anything - so, only 1/10th of the audience (20k on that particular page) is seeing anything that’s posted. We’ve appealed this multiple times, but can’t seem to get it fixed. Perfect timing, indeed. To combat this, make it a point to like/comment/share the Facebook posts if you haven’t already.

We have several more videos lined up (the documentary is around the corner), which we’re hoping to see increase exposure with the consistent feed of new content, so let’s keep up the good work in being vocal about the record. It’s really all we have for now. We’ve sunk every penny into this project, so we have to make due with that we have - and we’re doing EVERYTHING we can.

We’re glad you’re enjoying all of the newness! As always, y’all are the best. Thank you all for the support! But more important than anything else - don’t allow the reception to color your enjoyment of the music. We knew this wasn’t going to be an easy sell to begin with and while that can be frustrating in itself, we’re OK with that.

Thanks for the insight. It’s been a bit strange how quiet things have been and not knowing what’s going on in the background. More bullshit, as usual.

Polymer has certainly made a huge impact on my life and I’ll be pushing it on for years and years to come. There are many other people here who I’m sure feel the same way. The music is a resounding success and I’m confident it’ll find the ears it needs to, even if it takes time.

That said, I’m not planning to lay down arms anytime soon. I believe we can make an impact together somehow, even if it means coming from different angles. Finding different people, maybe some good old blueschool DIY.

Word. I will say this Tone…

The thing with commenting on the YT videos isn’t always that Anthony necessarily will do something, but that it becomes the top comment. We recently were successful with making my comment about Polymer the top comment on the “IT CAME FROM BANDCAMP” video.

This is huge, because it’s still exposure. Every person who clicks that video will see my comment on the top. That’s thousands of people. Some of those will right away *youtube Tonedeff - Polymer* to see what it is.

If we can continue to make it a top comment, that alone will help with exposure. Even if Anthony starts checking on old videos, he’ll see the demand. I just think the power of the top comment spills over in a lot of ways. Anyways - I just commented on the most recent video.

I’m kindof surprised not to have seen (or noticed?) anyone from CL promote the album through the channels. I’m not sure if there’s a reason for this, or just folks dropping the ball.. But seems to make sense given their extended reach and consistent collaborations over their catalogue :/

Also I think that we can still be hopefuy - he just reviewed Kemba’s Negus (great album by the way, definitely check it out) and that album came out a week before Polymer. He must’ve seen the hype it was getting and decided he had to go check it out.

Epic Aesthetic said:I’m kindof surprised not to have seen (or noticed?) anyone from CL promote the album through the channels.

? The CL Facebook page’s most recent post is sharing the “Filthy” video, Kno’s Twitter has 4 consecutive RTs of it, Deacon’s most recent tweet is about it.

amplifya said:

Epic Aesthetic said:I’m kindof surprised not to have seen (or noticed?) anyone from CL promote the album through the channels.

? The CL Facebook page’s most recent post is sharing the “Filthy” video, Kno’s Twitter has 4 consecutive RTs of it, Deacon’s most recent tweet is about it.

Oh right, that’s odd didn’t come up for me at all before. Still though would be good to see the official account plug the album as a whole.

I’m ROTFL. It just hit me how small of a following my favorite blogs have compared to others. I never cared before (nor do I care now) but thought to investigate using the number of twitter followers as a measure and wow. My favorites are at like 3 thousand to 5 thousand followers while others are in the hundreds of thousands. But yet I find more quality in my favorites. If those other more popular ones do happen to post some music I like they’re usually late to the show and I’ve already been introduced to the artist in the past. But that rarely happens because they never post about artists I like. But clearly I am the wrong person to promote, I don’t agree with those blogs.

I just realized SYFFAL posted about the Use Me video some time ago.

http://www.syffal.com/videos/tonedeff/use-me

They might end up reviewing Polymer but of course their following is only like 3 thousand people, that’s like 5% of those other blogs followers. So not sure how much a review by SYFFAL will mean for Tone. Over the years SYFFAL has introduced me to a lot of my now favorite artists while sites like 2dobeboyz has never done that or even posted about hardly any artist I like. Can’t blame them though, I’m an obscure guy.

Edit: at the same time what does it matter? If a person is following thousands or even hundreds of people I’m sure they’re pretty much following no one because don’t the tweets get lost in the timeline with that many followees (I’m calling them followees). That’s probably the issue behind Facebook. I don’t follow many people but just imagining how the timeline must look of someone that follows hundreds or thousands of people. Must be like a new tweet ever half a second. Making each tweet worthless with very little chance to be seen.

In other news I tried to introduce someone to Tone today, here is how it went:

So I tried to introduce someone (a stranger) to Tonedeff today through the song Competitive Nature and even before Tone uttered a word she said she didn’t like it, said it sounded like something she would hear on Grand Theft Auto (whatever that means). She let the song play through some of the first verse but was totally uninterested. I later asked her how she felt about record scratching in music and she said she didn’t like it (red flag). I then asked her if she like rhyme schemes in rap and she said she didn’t even know what that was. I then asked her what she thought of Eminem’s last album, she said she likes Eminem but didn’t hear his last album. Meanwhile she’s playing some kind of dance hall regaeton music in the back which by the way was not bad and had some forms of rhyme schemes to it that I wanted to point out to her as she rapped along but I just left it alone. I don’t know how to promote, I guess there are some people that are more likely to like Tonedeff than others and I guess you can narrow those people down based on the type of rap they listen to but I think it’s more than that. All these music apps have all these algorithms to try to figure out the type of music you’ll like based on your previous plays and I wouldn’t say they get it right, at least not in my case so if a computer program can’t figure out who would like what music how can we. We just gotta put the music out there to give people a chance to hear it and if they like it they like it, and if they don’t they don’t and I guess all we can do is help Tone have a chance. Whether it’s liked or not is secondary. Fitting way to end this with the song choice I used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zc4Fi2mb0

Great albums of July by the Needle Flop. Go comment for Tonedeff until Anthony and everyone else gets it.

Kags said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zc4Fi2mb0

Great albums of July by the Needle Flop. Go comment for Tonedeff until Anthony and everyone else gets it.

Replied to existing comments I could find and added my own.