close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff We’re just gonna leave these here…

ThatLoudKid said:Like for Five Sisters he says “the story of five sisters taking after their flawed mothers and releasing their attitudes into the world” which suggests to me that he didn’t get that they are HIS sisters and it’s about how they’ve shaped HIM.

To me it suggests that he stopped paying attention within the first 20 seconds, as literally the first words that are said in the song are “I have 5 sisters tied to one mother” slower and clearer than anything else in the track.

And this guy is writing reviews :/

I think Kags, Tak and Houstonz all nailed it for me. I won’t be surprised to see these types of reviews but I might still be frustrated and it’s certainly fun to rip them apart here. Polymer isn’t a hip-hop album and that type of audience isn’t naturally going to pick it up. But targeting people who are open-minded and sensitive, especially if they don’t have much hip-hop experience, is the best way to see results I think. Y’know, the people who aren’t gonna be salty that you’re saying this random dude is better than their favourite rapper.

Swurv radio has two separate posts for Fergie’s “MILF $” on their front page, lol

“I’ve had it with these fraudulent skeptics”

“Reviewers best to listen to it like they PAID for it”

So fucking real - and imo one of the biggest problems with the modern age of essentially free music everywhere. If you didn’t invest with your wallet, you have no incentive to stick with it.

Nice! That review is actually very well done, as well as being positive. The author seems like he’s pretty legitimate too.

My only nitpick is a typo or two and the fact that the video posted has been removed from youtube.

Epic Aesthetic said:“Reviewers best to listen to it like they PAID for it”

So fucking real - and imo one of the biggest problems with the modern age of essentially free music everywhere. If you didn’t invest with your wallet, you have no incentive to stick with it.

And the weird need for instant reviews. If Reviewers listen to it like they paid for it, then they might spin it through at least a couple times (a bare minimum for Polymer). It is weird thinking of where might be good to review Polymer. Hip hop and indy sites seem equally militantly tribal.

Edit: I was far too kind. Didn’t see that the first reviewer has been copy and pasting this review everywhere possible. Say what you will, but my douchyness is original each time. Fucksake dude.

Revision said:

Epic Aesthetic said:“Reviewers best to listen to it like they PAID for it”

So fucking real - and imo one of the biggest problems with the modern age of essentially free music everywhere. If you didn’t invest with your wallet, you have no incentive to stick with it.

And the weird need for instant reviews. If Reviewers listen to it like they paid for it, then they might spin it through at least a couple times (a bare minimum for Polymer). It is weird thinking of where might be good to review Polymer. Hip hop and indy sites seem equally militantly tribal.

Edit: I was far too kind. Didn’t see that the first reviewer has been copy and pasting this review everywhere possible. Say what you will, but my douchyness is original each time. Fucksake dude.

Word. I saw it on Amazon earlier as the only non-5 star review. Dude’s review history is mostly 3 star reviews too. :/

houstonz said:Word. I saw it on Amazon earlier as the only non-5 star review. Dude’s review history is mostly 3 star reviews too. :/

Dude is welcome to his opinion and if he were a normal reviewer, I could care less about copy-pasting the same review to multiple sites. But, if you publish your review and then copy-paste that to various places…comeon. Anyway: I should be spending my time writing reviews rather than dogging his life choices. So on to that…

Epic Aesthetic said:https://thecerealsensei.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/cerealsensei-album-review-tonedeff-polymer/

Man, this review really does the album justice considering it is an independent review. More of these, please!

Porsborg said:

Epic Aesthetic said:https://thecerealsensei.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/cerealsensei-album-review-tonedeff-polymer/

Man, this review really does the album justice considering it is an independent review. More of these, please!

Outside the fact he’s not sure if More Than You is about his father or mother…
But still good stuff. I don’t see many comments though in his blog. Does anyone even read it? Don’t mean to sound like a douche, just keeping things 100 percent real as far as actual publicity. But gotta appreciate anything you can get.