close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff What’s Next For Tonedeff?

I know, I know.. Polymer’s barely been out a week but I’m in a state of excitement ok?

Looking Ahead

I haven’t decided what my next project will be just yet. Next up is new Polymer videos, more QUINTIC biz and I’d love to get a PAR single out by the end of the year.

Aside from getting Polymer into as many headphones as possible, QUINTIC is my focus. I’ve got some PAR stuff cooking, so hopefully there’ll be a single by the end of the year. Lucy Camp has another EP coming later in the year, and Fjer’s hard at work on her debut LP. We’re not fucking around. Like…at all.

Re: Fjer

Her upcoming album is fucking IN-SANE.

I think if you dig Phantom, you’ll love¬†Hyperrealism.

More collaborations with Fjer & Lucy Camp? 100%

Re: TACM - I got too busy with Polymer and Pack focused on designing. We’ll be back in the fall

What we know:-

- Physical copies of Polymer to be shipped in August
—- POLYMER DOCUMENTARY! (Currently my number one most anticipated!)
—- QN5 RMX VOL.5!
—- Polymer Instrumentals
- Multiple music videos yet to come - Not sure if any have been confirmed?

On the Horizon:-

- American Tour Fall 2016?
- More Quintic! (Lucy/Fjer/??? - 2016)
- Hyperrealism! Single out in 2016?
- TACM in the Fall? 2016
- Extended F@mm 2017?
- Europe Tour 2017? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What ever happened to?:-

- “I hear music in my head” This was really cool and I almost forgot about it.
- Trapazoyd/Commagang album (After all that emo stuff could be a refreshing break eh Tone?)
- BSBD related song. Memory tells me that there was a response akin to “that’s for another project”. What project might that be?
- Tone’s cartoon. It came up again in the AMA and seems to be a long-term ambition of his.
- Deffinitions Vol. 3. I think it’s safe to say that Tonedeff can no longer be under appreciated as a producer.

- The album that must not be named. I still get 1000 ships in my head from time to time and I can still picture that video.. it looked dope. It’s hard to know where to stand on this project, something that will realistically not go away and something people will not stop asking about until some closure is given - Sorry Tone, we’re obsessive fans. In the not too distant future it would be nice to know, at the very least, if there’s been any development on whether this album will ever see the light of day or not. If in the worst case scenario it doesn’t, I’d at least love to hear that song.

Anything I’m missing?

Extended F@MM album, which Tone mentioned somewhere in the AMA threads.

As far as the Album That Must Not Be Named, maybe with the release of proper Tonedeff album (and Kno shortly) there will buzz again around his name. I remember one of Kno’s main points in delaying it was that he didn’t want to drop it only for QN5 Blueschoolers to be the only ones that heard it. Only way to avoid that, IMO, was if Tone & Kno built up the fan base by dropping other projects. Perhaps this is the first stone in getting the name recogintion out there again to get others interested in it.

I was actually wondering about that BSBD track recently too.. and along with the “I hear music in my head” song.. maybe Tone has some Polymer-era songs he made throughout the process that didn’t fit the LP and he’ll let loose sooner or later.

I can’t wait for the Polymer Doc and more videos. wooooooooooo

jinx8402 said:Extended F@MM album, which Tone mentioned somewhere in the AMA threads.

As far as the Album That Must Not Be Named, maybe with the release of proper Tonedeff album (and Kno shortly) there will buzz again around his name. I remember one of Kno’s main points in delaying it was that he didn’t want to drop it only for QN5 Blueschoolers to be the only ones that heard it. Only way to avoid that, IMO, was if Tone & Kno built up the fan base by dropping other projects. Perhaps this is the first stone in getting the name recogintion out there again to get others interested in it.

I knew there was something fairly obvious I’d forgotten! I hope EF@mm happens because that first album was the reason I got into Tonedeff in the first place. I’m not sure if it’ll still be humour focused since we got Sign Language and Lucky - but I kinda hope it is.

And yeah you’re totally right about CATM. I remember that being said a lot and I guess I’m just wondering if that’s still the case, or if anything’s changed.. as sometimes things do change and we don’t always get the memo. Not complaining or being shitty, just curious.

Not worried at all about what’s next. He can have his vacation while we get Polymer going. I wouldn’t mind if he didn’t drop another track until the Winter or even 2017. This record needs its publicity.

The Needle Drop just made a new review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9gtldMQfs

Go request Tonedeff - Polymer !

This thread wasn’t meant to add pressure just to be 200% clear. Tone deserves a long break for sure and I have enough on my plate to keep me busy for quite some time.

But Polymer is an adrenaline shot to Tone’s career and I’m pointing out that there’s exciting stuff on the horizon too. As for CATM, I’m just trying to address the elephant in the room.. :S

The Documentary and new videos are most definitely the things I’m most excited about next!

^ No doubt. Don’t get me wrong, I think we can all just take a second and realize how good it feels to see the activity going on in these forums again. The frequency of my logging in alone reminds me of the past exuberant days where all the artist’s forums were alive and well.

I think it’s absolutely awesome that there’s this much excitement about the future and the present. Like this blue school energy is happening again… Just pausing to let that sink in feels good.

I feel like Lucy Camp is about to explode and Tone has something special there that needs/deserves attention.

That music video was simple and dope and now has over 70k views and people asking “what’s next?”

Drop a track a week/every other week from Lucy with some QUINTIC features. Have Lucy drop a verse on a Polymer remix (5 Sisters? Moment? I think she’d sound good on those) and do some cross-promotion or something. *Something.*

That’s what you call a win-win.

Also, Kno recently posted on Twitter that they’ll be doing a West Coast run of their Doombox Tour in the Fall with 3 guests. Tone has been talking about going out west this Fall. I think we got the first guest down.. and I got a feeling that Lucy could be another.

^^Great call. She has a solid following on the left coast.

That would be insane if Lucy jumped on the CL tour, a really great way to get exposure from what I’m sure will be appreciative audiences - as well as gaining experience from CL who know how to tear a stage apart.

Well, I was totally wrong with assuming Tone would be one of their guests (or Lucy).

Yeah, I thought for sure he was going with them as he said he was going to be doing west coast shows in the fall. Maybe he’s just finalizing what dates he is able to do and will be announced later?

Maybe he’s gonna tour solo? Which would be preferable to me anyway, need a full set not just a couple of songs.

TONE will headline, Lucy will open. #nailedit

The CL dates unfortunately didn’t pan out, but we’re currently working on some shows for the end of the year. As soon as we know, you’ll know.

This may have been answered elsewhere, but is sending an e-mail to help@qn5.com the best way to make sure your address is correct? Just checking because I sent an e-mail there a few months back (on May 9 to be specific) with my updated address, but I never received any sort of confirmation or anything indicating that the pre-order will be sent to the correct place.

I’m also really excited to get this album in hand along with all the bonuses!

Any word on when these are gonna ship? Weeks/months? Very Happy