close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYOPTICS’ Anticipation Thread ::

1549amv.png

I’ve been slowly healing up from my injuries and furiously editing the included Polymer documentary DVD. A brutal amount of work (holy hell), but I’m nearly done. We ship immediately after pressing. I feel that this doc will change the way you hear the album like Archetexture did for Archetype - but on a MUCH deeper level. It’s truly an integral part of the album experience.

Thanks to everyone who supported/pre-ordered to make this massive project possible - I’m doing everything in my power to make this the most killer experience for you. More music videos, podcasts (+ surprises) on the way once this behemoth is done. Thanks again for your patience and support. I heart y’all! - Tone

Smile

I hope Fjer is on there talking about her haunting vocals that absolutely destroys me…

Looking forward to this madness.

SO EXCITED I can’t even begin to imagine how awesome this doc is gonna be. And I’m glad your health is improving

Yes ! It’s coming together !
I can’t imagine the relief you’re gonna feel when these all ship haha.
Can’t wait to watch this.

I loved Archetexture, I get a feeling this will be 5 times as good!

Awesome, get well soon! It’s been a long wait but it’ll definitely be worth it.

Great news! looking forward to seeing this. Will it eventually make its way to any of the streaming services? Netflix, Viemo, etc

bry said:Great news! looking forward to seeing this. Will it eventually make its way to any of the streaming services? Netflix, Viemo, etc

First things first (ie. finishing haha), but in a perfect world, sure I’d love to have it on Netflix as well. I’m pretty sure our digital distributor (The Orchard) does that kinda thing. I’ll need to look into it once I’m done.

The wait is killing me on this one.

Good luck on the final stretch, Tone - I’m super excited to get all this amazing stuff and watch the doc with my friends.

Revision said:I hope Fjer is on there talking about her haunting vocals that absolutely destroys me…

She’s in it. Smile

kinetic-vibe said:I loved Archetexture, I get a feeling this will be 5 times as good!

It is. Really really is.

Have you considered doing anything with this doc after the album release? Selling rights to Netflix? IFC? Even if it needed a bit more context to make it work with an audience outside your fanbase, if it’s good, they’d probably fund it.

Unless it’s pretty much straight fan-shit, which is probably even better for us, just not as much for you.

It just hit me that considering how layered this album is combined with the fact that you made this doc after not during the creation process, it makes sense why it would take so long to make the doc, not to mention all the technical stuff that goes in to making a doc itself. It’s like dissecting a human body and then answering the question of what each nerve is for. Not sure if you guys have seen or remember that periscope livestream Tone did for the production of Sunrise. The video for that song alone was almost an hour long. Here it is if you’re not familiar. Can’t wait for the doc.

https://tinyurl.com/ybalfzfd

WeToYou said:Have you considered doing anything with this doc after the album release? Selling rights to Netflix? IFC? Even if it needed a bit more context to make it work with an audience outside your fanbase, if it’s good, they’d probably fund it.

Unless it’s pretty much straight fan-shit, which is probably even better for us, just not as much for you.

I’m looking into different avenues. It’s my first foray into the whole “film” world, so it’s a bit cumbersome, but I’m definitely looking into it. Personally, I think it could work for a wider audience as well.

Numonic said:It just hit me that considering how layered this album is combined with the fact that you made this doc after not during the creation process, it makes sense why it would take so long to make the doc, not to mention all the technical stuff that goes in to making a doc itself. It’s like dissecting a human body and then answering the question of what each nerve is for. Not sure if you guys have seen or remember that periscope livestream Tone did for the production of Sunrise. The video for that song alone was almost an hour long. Here it is if you’re not familiar. Can’t wait for the doc. https://tinyurl.com/ybalfzfd

I can’t stress this enough - it was an INSANE/UNHEALTHY amount of work for one person. I’ll NEVER do that again without help. Ever. Honestly, it’s a miracle this thing even got finished this quickly. People spend years making a documentary, I did it in a year and a half - by myself. haha Regardless, I can’t wait for y’all to see it.

POLYOPTICSSSSS

Really looking forward to this even more after the Facebook live post. I didn’t expect it to be on that pro shit. Thanks, Tone, for the immense undertaking.

Tone keeps saying there’s still more surprises for polymer. Doc trailer seems to have footage from some of the music videos. Y’all think the reason he’s keeping so quiet on the music videos is because they’ll be on the doc?

The doc has footage of some of the music videos. They all looked so dope. It’s crazy how professional the entire doc looks. This needs to go on Netflix.

After seeing the doc trailer I was about to ask Tone that question but I just said fuck it. Whether the videos are on the doc or are released on YouTube, I’m still happy.

Anyone here going to the screening in NYC on December 11th? I am.

Numonic said:After seeing the doc trailer I was about to ask Tone that question but I just said fuck it. Whether the videos are on the doc or are released on YouTube, I’m still happy.

There are snippets of the music videos in the actual doc.

Numonic said:After seeing the doc trailer I was about to ask Tone that question but I just said fuck it. Whether the videos are on the doc or are released on YouTube, I’m still happy.

I think they’ll be on it. It makes sense after watching the trailer and his recent comments. Trailer says experience the album song by song with snippets of the videos, I’m guessing a lot of backstory to each song before each video. Before he talked about a blu-ray release of all the videos, but maybe he changed his mind and incorporated them into the doc instead, and will roll them out separately to YouTube in the future.

I’m like you though, happy either way. Supposedly we’re getting download links on Monday. Can’t fucking wait. Also hoping for a final polyblog in the near future.

JTX said:

I think they’ll be on it. It makes sense after watching the trailer and his recent comments. Trailer says experience the album song by song with snippets of the videos, I’m guessing a lot of backstory to each song before each video. Before he talked about a blu-ray release of all the videos, but maybe he changed his mind and incorporated them into the doc instead, and will roll them out separately to YouTube in the future.

I’m like you though, happy either way. Supposedly we’re getting download links on Monday. Can’t fucking wait. Also hoping for a final polyblog in the near future.

LOL. I keep responding telling you guys that there are snippets of the music videos in the actual documentary. Nobody wanna listen though.

I’ve watched the documentary twice. The documentary breaks down who he is, how we got to polymer, and then it goes through each song. There’s more, but I’m not going to spoil. Ya’ll are really going to be impressed by what he created.

Kags said:

JTX said:

LOL. I keep responding telling you guys that there are snippets of the music videos in the actual documentary. Nobody wanna listen though.

I’ve watched the documentary twice. The documentary breaks down who he is, how we got to polymer, and then it goes through each song. There’s more, but I’m not going to spoil. Ya’ll are really going to be impressed by what he created.

Ah sorry, misread your previous comment. That sounds great.

Kags said:

JTX said:

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will be part of the dvd itself, but not in the actual documentary? Unless you mean that part as well (I’m assuming you only saw the digital version of the doc, and don’t know the details of the physical dvd).

I believe that is how the Archetype DVD was too. You could watch separate videos apart from the ‘making of’ documentary.

Wait, download links are going out Monday? Is this for sure?

Im a bit confused. Where can I purchase the documentary? I want to pre order right now. Is there a link or are we still waiting? Thank you very much!

cndealerOC said:Im a bit confused. Where can I purchase the documentary? I want to pre order right now. Is there a link or are we still waiting? Thank you very much!

WOOOOOO! *Tonedeff chair spin with hands in the air* The doc comes FREE on CD with the CD purchase but that just got me thinking. What about the people that ordered vinyl only? Will they not get the documentary? I got the CD but I’m just curious. Im assuming the doc DVD and album will come together in a 2 CD case ala Archetype but I could be wrong and the doc will have it’s own case making it available to give to vinyl only orders.

cndealerOC said:Im a bit confused. Where can I purchase the documentary? I want to pre order right now. Is there a link or are we still waiting? Thank you very much!

You can order a standard edition on Tonedeff.com
A Streaming link will be sent out shorly to everyone who pre-ordered.

Numonic said:WOOOOOO! *Tonedeff chair spin with hands in the air* The doc comes FREE on CD with the CD purchase but that just got me thinking. What about the people that ordered vinyl only? Will they not get the documentary? I got the CD but I’m just curious. Im assuming the doc DVD and album will come together in a 2 CD case ala Archetype but I could be wrong and the doc will have it’s own case making it available to give to vinyl only orders.

It’s a 2-disc CD/DVD ala Archetype. All editions of Polymer have the standard edition, so everyone gets the documentary. Smile

I’m so happy that you said “streaming” link instead of “download” link.

Awesome! I will order my copy tonight. Thank you very much!

I honestly don’t know which aspect of this package I am more excited for, listening to all of this on vinyl or seeing Polyoptics. I will be shaking with anticipation when the ship date is closer. I’M SO PUMPED