close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYOPTICS’ Appreciation Thread ::

The movie was amazing. You guys are in for a treat when you see this for the first time.

This really was an A+ documentary. Listening to the album on the way home, I already had a new appreciation for a lot of the songs. You really outdid yourself with this Tone. Well worth the wait, and I can’t wait to watch it again

Cthulhu4Pres said:This really was an A+ documentary. Listening to the album on the way home, I already had a new appreciation for a lot of the songs. You really outdid yourself with this Tone. Well worth the wait, and I can’t wait to watch it again

The snippets of the music videos looked very interesting as well. Can’t wait to see what Tone cooked up with those.

Can’t wait to watch Polyoptics now.
Did the streaming link get sent out already to those who pre-ordered?
Not seen it come through yet unfortunately.

Word, the documentary is amazing. I’m really happy Tone got this beast off his shoulders. The snippets of the music videos are amazing. The album is still amazing. Tone has the best flow in the game. I’ve been so busy with work that even though I got the CD last night at the screening, I didn’t even have time to open it and see the booklet and all. Will try to tonight.

BTW so dope to meet all the other fans and the other artists that I’ve been long time fans of: Amplifya, iCON the Mic King, PackFM, Session, I Am Many and of course dope to finally meet Tonedeff. So strange that I never met him even though I did see him live once many many years ago but this was before I thought it was okay to walk up to your favorite artists and say whatsup. The megashows just never happened at the right time for me so I never went. Glad i could go to this screening.

Edit: gave the booklet a quick skim through and I saw that Tone shouted out us blueschoolers in it by name! My name is in the booklet! That’s insanely dope! How many of your favorite artists are shouting you out in the liner notes? First time for me, unless he did it in Archetype and I can’t remember. But I’m sure I wouldn’t forget if that happened before. Too dope. Thanks Tone.

You guys have no idea what you’re in for… Appreciate every single aspect about what is coming in the mail. Everything is made and done by Tone. All the way down to assembling the awesome packaging you’re going to be seeing. #NORICHRELATIVES

2 by four said:You guys have no idea what you’re in for… Appreciate every single aspect about what is coming in the mail. Everything is made and done by Tone. All the way down to assembling the awesome packaging you’re going to be seeing. #NORICHRELATIVES

I 100% co-sign this. I was super happy about getting my Polydisc at the screening and I can’t wait to get my Polymorph edition in the mail. I’ve never seen another artist do what Tone is doing with these physical packages. It’s truly a beautiful thing to be able to witness.

While i wait for my Polymorph shipment (across the Atlantic) has anyone got their streaming links for Polyoptics yet?

I am still waiting on the streaming link and I’m actually on a flight right now and would love to watch it. Anyone get the link?

So…once y’all see this movie?

You’re going to understand why it had to be a movie.

Like. Archetexture was cool. Getting to hear the stems that make up a song is cool.

But getting an intimate look into the life of a human being, through his own eyes and that of his closest friends, as he tries to unpack what it is that drives him to create, flaws and all?

Yeah.

Also, I cannot WAIT for the Five Sisters music video. What an awesome concept.

Absolutely ridiculous. Had me feeling all of the emotions. And the little hints of music videos were awesome. Interviews were hilarious and insightful. Seeing that view of the process was so great. I can’t say enough positive things about it. Just amazing. I wish I could make everyone I know sit and watch it, I don’t know how you can’t love or at least appreciate this work of art after seeing what went into it personally and musically.

ThatLoudKid said:Absolutely ridiculous. Had me feeling all of the emotions. And the little hints of music videos were awesome. Interviews were hilarious and insightful. Seeing that view of the process was so great. I can’t say enough positive things about it. Just amazing. I wish I could make everyone I know sit and watch it, I don’t know how you can’t love or at least appreciate this work of art after seeing what went into it personally and musically.

It required true effort for me to not start crying when I watched the More Like You part in the theater for the first time. I luckily kept it together but man….. that shit was broken down beautifully.

Damn, just gotta tell myself to be patient. It’ll get here eventually.

Really enjoyed the doc, watched it twice already. I loved the bit with Fjer on the piano singing her section from more like you. Hearing that part stripped down to just a piano and hearing the lyrics so clearly really hit me, it was beautiful. Really looking forward to her album.

Yo. Polyoptics is DOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE.

I have a lot of thoughts that I don’t have time to pen right now and I might even watch it again before posting about it.. but this is definitely the definitive Tonedeff experience. This is that ‘QN5 documentary’ that we never thought we’d get. But about Tone.

So well put together, edited, shot. Really really impressed and has me itching to listen and fall back in love with the album again. Also I watched it with the new gf who had never heard or seen anything by Tone/QN5 and it reopened a huge chunk of my life between 2005-2015 for her to witness.

Also it was cool to see my shoes, bedroom wall, top of my head and a few comments make their cameos!

Bravo Tone.

As if the album wasn’t already my favorite album ever…that doc made me appreciate it 10x more. For those who haven’t gotten their packages yet, TRUST ME, the wait is worth it. Also the remixes are straight <3.

Reporting in from Melbourne, Australia - mine turned up in the mail this week.

Haven’t watched the documentary yet but am getting a TV next week, will try to hold off specifically for that purpose.

Thanks for all you do, Tone - I’m excited thinking how close to finished you must be with these preorders now, if you aren’t already (?). Try to take it easy and not make anymore lone wolf features for a while!

Wow… that was incredible. I am literally at a loss of words.

Tone, you must be completely insane for doing this on your own. Seeing the sheer quality of this documentary, I do not believe how it is possible.

Getting your perspective on all the songs really showcased how incredibly well thought out the album is, and it definitely makes me appreciate the album even more. So many lyrics suddenly made a lot more sense when hearing you dissect them.

I salute you, Tone. You did it. Now go take a long f’in rest and get well, then hopefully go touring. A lot.

Hey Folks,

The HD (4k!) version of the documentary is now live at bit.ly/polywatch. Everyone here who pre-ordered should have a link in their inbox with the purchase code so you can get it for FREEEEEEEEEE. Tell all of your friends and share it and stuff.

polyoptics_poster.png

Tone, thanks for sharing this movie, finally. I’ve been waiting so long to see it and anticipating it even more since the album came out. It was really well-done and seriously top quality of all the music docs I’ve seen. Just as you said, it did enhance the album quite a bit. I felt like I already felt a lot of what was discussed through the music alone, but the discussion around several songs in particular was enlightening. 1) Filthy. I hate to say that this is the one track I would skip continuously. Mostly for the sake of my kids and wife, but also as someone who would have loved a song like that in my twenties, felt like I had matured beyond that. However, the context you add on that doc adds layers to the song that I never thought about. I only thought that it was a raunchy, male fantasy and didn’t realize this was another internal struggle that you exposed on wax. Now I understand the context within the album in the revelation of the pain, and the insatiable demon that haunts you. It makes sense. 2) More Like You. One of my favorites from the beginning, I loved your discussion about how this song helped you forgive your dad - that you had to write it to achieve that forgiveness. I teared up when you said how you understood him - realizing you were the only one tying him to a fucked up situation. That’s real. I teared up during that section of the movie, much like the first time I heard the song. That’s not something I do often, but I could relate and feel your pain the way that you describe it. 3) Control. I knew this was you coming to grips with your current life and taking some responsibility for your divorce. I didn’t realize the full regret you felt for making your wife standby while you pursued your dream or the position you were in at the time of balancing so much that something had to break and unfortunately it was your marriage.

Overall, the video enhanced the album (already a groundbreaking classic). You should be proud of what you created no matter how many people listen/ see it. I look forward to watching this several times over and digesting it with the same fervor that I did the songs that made up Polymer over the last 5 years.

Haven’t found the link in the inbox. Haven’t received the package in the mail, either. Pretty sure I’ve filled out the confirmation form back in December.

I got to rewatch the Documentary last night on my Apple TV 4K (HDR10/DV) on my LG OLED 65” with 5.2 surround, pretty much the highest quality you can view it with now I think.

It was glorious!!! Oled really does the movie justice with the perfect blacks. Especially the Demon video sections =O mind blown.

I definitely appreciated the whole movie so much more, it is such a polished and professional product, definitely needs to be on Netflix if there is anyway to get it on there for a more public viewing.