close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: POLYMER SHIPPING UPDATES ::

Very upset with the way this is all being handled. I’m even willing to cover shipping cost if that’s what it takes to finally get my package. I understand cost rise, but it was fixed price when product was sold. There needs to be some kind of communication and the fact that nothings being said is just rude to paying customers. Love the music and am super excited for mine to arrive, but each passing day just kind of pisses me off and takes a little luster of this whole thing. Tonedeff, we’re trying to be patient and respect you throughout whatever issues have come up. Please return the favor and let us know something. Again, I’ll send you my shipping cost if that’s what the hold up is.

I don’t mind the wait as long as I know it’s still coming and not lost somewhere during shipment. Smile

And again any effort to offer response would be appreciated. It’s to the point where I wish I’d have just ordered the digital copy because this just feels like I paid $75 to get the digital copy and nothing else. Please reach out with something.

I don’t understand it. It looks like he HAS been on Twitter at the very least with some recent tweets showing. Has he not checked the forums and seen these posts?

Hey Folks, a quick note - I’ve been in and out of the hospital for the past couple of months for some scary shit and been on a steady stream of doctor’s visits, bed rest and multiple medications. 2018 has been an absolute nightmare health-wise and I’ve been 100% unable to tend to packages since this all started happening.

Fortunately, I’m just now getting back on my feet (as of today - fingers crossed) so there’ll be some packages trickling out of here this week, unfortunately, I’m the only one around to do all this shipping so bare with me.

My sincerest apologies for the delay, but know that I’m surrounded by boxes and there’s nothing more that I want than to feel healthy enough to get these things the fuck out of my place and into yours.

I love y’all immensely and I miss y’all. I’m having an extremely tough time over here, but I am working through it to get these out. I appreciate your patience - I’m on it. Please send good vibes.

Thank you for the update. Best of luck on your health. I know I’ve been critical here the last week or so, and still upset bout not having package, but health takes priority over everything. Get well and know that my frustration is due to really wanting this amazing package, no annomousity or ill will towards you at all.

Nothing but good vibes, my man.

Thanks for the update, Tone. I hope you get well soon!

Any chance we’ll get a streaming/download link for the documentary? If you prefer to focus 100 % on shipping first, that’s completely fair of course.

Friis said:Thanks for the update, Tone. I hope you get well soon!

Any chance we’ll get a streaming/download link for the documentary? If you prefer to focus 100 % on shipping first, that’s completely fair of course.

Looking into that right now. Long overdue.

Get well Tone. The packages can wait, we want you making music for years to come!

Tonedeff said:

Nice!

Shit man, get well.
We can wait, health comes first !

Tonedeff said:Hey Folks, a quick note - I’ve been in and out of the hospital for the past couple of months for some scary shit and been on a steady stream of doctor’s visits, bed rest and multiple medications. 2018 has been an absolute nightmare health-wise and I’ve been 100% unable to tend to packages since this all started happening.

Fortunately, I’m just now getting back on my feet (as of today - fingers crossed) so there’ll be some packages trickling out of here this week, unfortunately, I’m the only one around to do all this shipping so bare with me.

My sincerest apologies for the delay, but know that I’m surrounded by boxes and there’s nothing more that I want than to feel healthy enough to get these things the fuck out of my place and into yours.

I love y’all immensely and I miss y’all. I’m having an extremely tough time over here, but I am working through it to get these out. I appreciate your patience - I’m on it. Please send good vibes.

‘s all good! take care and get healthy!

Tonedeff said:

Any update?

Got my package today and just saw this update. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a rough time, Tone. Thank you for pushing through and doing this all yourself. Nothing but love, support and good vibes.

Just received my package as well. Truly beautiful packaging from top to bottom, so much so that I don’t even want to open any of them. Appreciate the hard work and effort put forth by you. Hope all the hassles of every sort from personal to health that you endured throughout project are behind you and can’t wait to see what’s next from you. Thank you.

I hope you’re well Tone, or getting there. First things first, fuck a CD package if your health ain’t right, even one as dope as this. For real.

I’m all the way out in Australia, and my address has changed again since late last year when I most recently updated it. Is it possible I can update it again?

Just received mine in the mail today. It’s great! Thanks again for everything, Tone.

Good to see these are starting to tickle out again, hoping mine isn’t too far behind.

Drutopia said:I hope you’re well Tone, or getting there. First things first, fuck a CD package if your health ain’t right, even one as dope as this. For real.

I’m all the way out in Australia, and my address has changed again since late last year when I most recently updated it. Is it possible I can update it again?

Yes you can. Email help@qn5.com

jinx8402 said:Good to see these are starting to tickle out again, hoping mine isn’t too far behind.

It ain’t too far behind. Smile

Tone, remember you literally have an entire community who will do whatever they need to in order to help you. Don’t be afraid to reach out sometimes if you need something.

Just got my copy (and my Lucy EPs). As frustrating as the wait was at times, it’s an incredible finished product that’s more than worth it. Thank you for doing what you do, Tone.

Tonedeff said:

jinx8402 said:Good to see these are starting to tickle out again, hoping mine isn’t too far behind.

It ain’t too far behind. Smile

Just got my shipping notification Smile My wife is getting a pretty sweet birthday present, it’s due to arrive on her bday Smile

Wow. I haven’t posted here in a long ass time.

Anyways.. I know I said it directly to you, Tone, but I just wanna say it again for anyone else like me checking up on this thread waiting for their Polymorph edition to come in the mail: everything about it is amazing. The packaging, the artwork, the presentation of it all, it’s incredible. I’m gonna get the vinyl framed ASAP, and I can’t wait to watch the doc when I get home from work. Thank you again… and to the people still waiting on theirs: trust me, it’s worth it!!

josefbud said:Wow. I haven’t posted here in a long ass time.

Anyways.. I know I said it directly to you, Tone, but I just wanna say it again for anyone else like me checking up on this thread waiting for their Polymorph edition to come in the mail: everything about it is amazing. The packaging, the artwork, the presentation of it all, it’s incredible. I’m gonna get the vinyl framed ASAP, and I can’t wait to watch the doc when I get home from work. Thank you again… and to the people still waiting on theirs: trust me, it’s worth it!!

So glad y’all are finally receiving these!
(And that I’m slowly reclaiming my apartment from the scourge of invasive boxes).

I got mine on Monday, and finally got a chance to watch the documentary last night. That brought my appreciation of the album and what you do to for us fans to a whole ‘nother level. Props Tone on such a well done project.

Haven’t really seen anyone dissect their packages yet. I think it’s about time…

[PACKAGING]

The square brown box was somehow smaller than I imagined, but there it was emblazoned with the iconic QN5 sticker we all own 10 or so of. Opening it up revealed the very pretty red box of wonders we’ve been waiting 5 years for and it’s a really nice container that I’ll forever keep a lot of this stuff in (way better than the shoeboxes I keep a lot of other QN5 memorabilia in).

The thank you note inside was a welcome addition that addressed the delays head on and I’m sure will be appreciated by many like myself who found this wait agonising. It’s been a long time since a new Tonedeff album arrived in the mail.

[CD]

The digipack is glossy and folds out nicely. The picture of the door in a field is a nice touch and is striking with the theme of red, yellow and black. The inside featuring the quote “these pieces of me are yours so own them” is a suitable addition to such personal work. The revealed CD’s beneath are consistently concise and slick.

I found the booklet quality a little bit on the blurry side, which is most noticeable on the opening quote “nothing’s more expensive than experience” but it didn’t affect it’s readability to the point of being an issue. The opening statement serves as once again more context to what this behemoth is all about.

The shout outs at the back were comprehensive and it was good to see a whole variety of artists, friends and fans get their recognition. I’m personally honoured to have my screen name immortalised in this work – I hope you don’t regret it too much eh Tone haha.

[POLYDISC]

Realistically this is gonna be the last music CD I ever buy. I just don’t like, use or need the format anymore and have moved entirely over to vinyl and digital. Thankfully this is a good way to bow out a format that’s been with me since the beginning (tapes were in the process of dying out when I was born).

All the packaging and artwork is as great as I would expect. Even though (for aforementioned reasons) having a bunch of individual CDs is functionally pointless to me in 2018 – it’s still really nice to hold and fan them out as collectors pieces. The artwork is all so gorgeous and the glossy cases add to their vibrancy. The included descriptions on the inside of each EP add a lot of context and flavour whilst remaining efficiently succinct. As such they give a tangible, touchable weight to the idea of Polymer’s separate components and resulting fusion.

[POLYOPTICS]

This is a big one. I’ll tackle it in a separate post.

[VINYL]

I’ve yet to listen to it but it looks gorgeous. The alternate cover art is amazing and whilst I appreciate the meaning behind the standard CD cover, this just really hits it home on a 12” vinyl cover. I’m a huge huge fan of when cardboard packaging has those glossy spot UV logos (something I love a lot of board games for doing) – especially on the Polymer logos on the back. It’s all about those little details. The vinyl themselves look really colourful and pretty and I have no doubt this is gonna sound phenomenal. Hand signed and numbered is also a treat.

[ART BOOK]

My copy looked a bit dirty out of the box (maybe mine was stepped on? haha) and the black cover seems to pick up fingerprints very easily but it’s not too big of a deal. Opening it up though it was great to see a lot of the EP covers blown up. There was a lot of detail I picked up in the images that I hadn’t noticed before staring at a thumbnail on a screen. Phantom is definitely the best of them all.

I also really liked the photography involved, especially Demon and Phantom. The clock on a chain wrapped around Tone’s neck was a nice detail (any significance to 11 o’clock that I’m missing?). I think I might cut one or two of these out and put them in frames.

[T-SHIRT]

We’d seen these in concept before and they are exactly what they needed to be. The Polymer logo is simple and a good size across the chest. I like having musician tees that aren’t blatantly obvious what they are and it’s a good one for that. The Tonedeff name on the back does the rest. I’m most impressed that the size actually seems to fit very well.. sometimes I’ve received printed shirts like these and never end up wearing them. This one will see some use.

[QN5 RMX VOL. 5]

(Sidenote: I’m playing this right now on my Xbox. This is literally the first time I’ve played a CD in 10 years or more? Retro bro. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing this appear on Spotify one day..)

Quick impressions..

- Good to see Kags get on the tracklist. Burial vibes. Interesting to hear Tone chopped into this genre and a pretty natural fit too.

- Sunrise (Hectic Zeniths RMX) was my stand out. I loved the dark, sinister, gritty and understated vibe that it brought that totally fits my own sensibilities.

- Stan’s take on Moment didn’t really leave too much of an impression on me tbh. I’ve liked his production from the stuff I’ve heard and it’s not a bad remix by any means, but the mood of this version just didn’t really connect me.

- Mistabishi… Eeesh.. Awkward. The Remix is alright, shame about the racist producing it though.

- Fjer’s take on Never was cool. It certainly benefits from her lending her own original vocals to the mix and feels more cohesive than some as a result.

- A V2 of Broken Arrow. Cool. A bit of extra electronic instrumentation adds some weight to it and

- Lonecrew’s Competitive Nature.. a nice interesting twist of mood/feel to the track which is personally what I like to hear from a remix, giving the lyrics a slightly different context. It falls a little bit short for me of really driving that home by not really escalating or changing that much though. A welcome variation.

- Kokayi’s version of Glutton had an interesting vibe and some sounds I really liked. It feels like one of the more natural remixes on the collection to me. I forgot how much I like Kokayi as a producer..

- Great to see Centrefold resurrected from the cutting floor of Polymer. Whilst I feel the original is clearly a much more fitting sound to match the theme and lyrics.. this version is a lot of fun and cries out to be danced to! The most upbeat track to sport the Tonedeff name possibly ever? Chew Fu is great.

- LoFidel’s Hunter is dope. A really nice twist to the sound and interestingly novel to hear Tone over a more traditional hip-hop beat after many years of electronic deviance.

- Lucky (GrandRiggety RMX) sounds great, simple but effective. Definitely adds a lot of head nodding to proceedings.

- Emilia James eh? Really exciting to hear an actual cover of a Tonedeff track as we don’t hear those too often. I fucking love this song too, really nice to hear a female voice give it a go and it fits well.

Some really cool stuff here and naturally good to see a collection of artists who’ve been affiliated with the cause over the years show their love and ears.

[OPEN5OURCE]

Quick note: inside the readme a link to a digital address is provided to download the files (handy for those like me without a DVD drive in their computer), but this link only downloads one track and not the Open5ource files as a whole. Might be worth fixing.

I was impressed with the fact that stems were included as well as instrumentals/acapellas and I’m very interested to see who gets their hands on this and if anything good comes of it. Slightly odd that this was only provided to Polymorph owners as I’d of thought that would drastically decrease the amount of people using them (but that’s also probably the point right? as indicated by the repeated paranoid instructions littered throughout! *don’t make wack shit yo*).

I’m looking forward to getting to play with this, check out some of the individual layers of tracks in more detail and completely mess around with it in a DAW - for my own benefit if nothing else.

[EXTRAS]

Stickers. Everyone likes stickers. The Glutton sticker is especially nice – although makes me crave one for Phantom.

[FINAL THOUGHTS]

Ok lets get this out of the way.. it’s almost impossible to talk about my impressions of these physicals without addressing the elephant in the room. There would have been a dramatically larger impact of much of the contents had they arrived within 6 months of the album release. It’s an unfortunate entanglement for everyone involved that Polyoptics had to be tied to the rest of this stuff getting shipped – although it’s a great final product to have the album + documentary in every package. I get why the documentary took so long, it’s just a shame that it anchored everything else. Shoulda woulda coulda I know – but I would have personally forsaken the physical DVD for a streaming link emailed out and this stuff in my grasp when it would have meant the most.

However.

Polyoptics has shifted things. I will dissect it in more detail in a separate post, but the best thing I can say about it is that it rekindled my appreciation of the music, the history and all of the details that this package offers. Thankfully then, the stuff in this bright shiny red box once again holds great meaning to me. It’s littered with detail, design and Tone’s signature aesthetic. It is the full Polymer experience – and I now finally get to indulge in how special that experience is in the way it was intended.

I hope you’re well Tone. Sounds like you’ve had an awful couple of years/months/weeks. It’s a shame that the process of getting this out has caused it’s own pain as it really is a special achievement to celebrate.. and celebrate it is all I’ve ever wanted to do.

Lets all do shots and jump around to Chew Fu’s centrefold waving our Polymorphs in the air. I know I’m going to.

So as far as the documentary goes, has anyone uploaded theirs yet with a link to share? I don’t really mind waiting for the physical package, but I seriously want to see this documentary. Anyone kind enough to help out? I’ll even work out a trade with someone if necessary.

RRl7bnC.png

Instructions unclear. Put Sunrise vox on a Lil Pump beat. 2.5m views. Going on Ellen tomorrow but hate myself. ???

Tons of people have been receiving their package. I have not seen a single thing yet. Am I the only one who has not received their package yet? This is freaking me out..