close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 Discussion Best Intro track on a QN5/Quintic Release?

Since Revision asked the exact opposite about a year or so ago, I figured I’d ask this.

For me it’s extremely difficult. As of right now I’m stuck between Predormitum and The Things You Don’t See Coming.

Oh man. The Things You Don’t See Coming is incredible, and I love Predormitum. But I’m gonna have to go with a curveball response on this one:

Mr. SOS - Apocalyptic Doomsday

Has always been my favorite SOS track, just a perfect epic intro to set the tone for a “post-apocalyptic paranoia and hi-tech boom-bap” album by SOS. Ricky Raw killed the production on that. The Andre and Immortal Tech scratch samples. SOS playing off the EARTH/SUN/SKY vocal samples. the verses are great. its a perfect intro track to me.

amplifya said:Oh man. The Things You Don’t See Coming is incredible, and I love Predormitum. But I’m gonna have to go with a curveball response on this one:

Mr. SOS - Apocalyptic Doomsday

Has always been my favorite SOS track, just a perfect epic intro to set the tone for a “post-apocalyptic paranoia and hi-tech boom-bap” album by SOS. Ricky Raw killed the production on that. The Andre and Immortal Tech scratch samples. SOS playing off the EARTH/SUN/SKY vocal samples. the verses are great. its a perfect intro track to me.

I don’t blame you at all for picking that one. Incredible song and that album as a whole is an underrated gem in the QN5 discography.

It’s hard to compare when the albums are all different vibes.

For me TTYDSC is beautiful, but Intro off SU and Valley of Death off DA get me feeling a certain way too. There’s also no denying that Where Will You Be sets the tone for APOS really well.

I guess it’s just the mood I’m in at that moment which is how I’ll kinda feel forever when comparing QN5 tracks cos their albums were well constructed and covered so many ranges of emotions.

Intro to SU also takes me back to a time when Napster was out and I had never heard underground hip-hop music like this. An older head I knew sent me CL WRFF and then I got my hands on SU. I heard that intro and it open a space in my mind for what instrumentals could sound like. There’s so much attachments and nostalgia that goes into music because the songs we like are also connected to memories. Arrite I’m done typing.

Yeah. Because of how it hits, Valley of Death is my pick. But so many amazing ones.

Revision said:Yeah. Because of how it hits, Valley of Death is my pick. But so many amazing ones.

Valley of Death is amazing. Probably one of my 3 favorite tracks off of Dirty Acres and I’ll take it one step further and say that it’s one of my favorite CL songs in general.

Probably something like satellites or I fucking hate rappers. That’s one of the few nitpicks I have with the new CL album, their track 1 sounds like a track 10 with generic hook or something. It doesn’t really set the album up well imo.

Hard to pick one. TTYDSC and IFHR are both brilliant, and I love how Ignition/Strange Universe sets the tone for SJV3. And Birdus Ghetti from Pro Deo et Patria.

Where will you be…. tomorrow.. if it ends today.

I feel like Overture should be mentioned too. It’s not the best one to me but I still want to mention it just because it’s so beautiful and it is up there.

Also IFHR is just ridiculous. Probably the best set opener I’ve seen at a QN5 megashow and or any other QN5 related event. Mind you that’s just my opinion. The energy these guys have on a stage is ridiculous all around.

Hard to pick the best but how no one has mentioned the Death Is Silent intro is crazy. That crying sound really set the album (especially with the cover art) and flowed to the song If You Cry nicely. I don’t know I was just getting crazy not seeing it mentioned.

Cornasto is my favorite QN5 intro. shit puts me in a really great mood