close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Take Care Of Your Mental Health

So… I figured I should speak as to why I’ve barely been commenting the past few months. I have pretty severe issues with addiction so I ended up leaving MD and going to rehab in AZ. While I thought I regretted it at first.. it’s opened my eyes to what’s going on deep down inside of me more than ever before.

Since I’ve taken a 4 month hiatus from social media.. I’ve managed to heavily change my life and the current state of my mental health in ways I didn’t think I could before. It’s been a beautiful experience.

I say all of that to say this… if you suffer from addiction or severe mental health issues like I do… there will always be a solution to help you control it. Take care of your mental health. It’s worth it in the long run.

Sorry for the sad post but I know several blueschoolers and I figured I should give an update as to why I’ve been MIA.

P.S. AZ is hot as fuck. It’s been 110+ the past few days.

Take care of yourself man, glad you’re starting to feel better. Health is wealth.

I’ve suffered with depression and mental health issues since my mid-teens and know how rough it can be. There’s no escape from your own head. All I can say is that with age I’ve managed to get a lot better at recognising the issues, triggers, early warning signs and developed the tools to alleviate the symptoms. I’m much better at recognising the issues as temporary and that if I follow a sequence of steps then I can stop it from getting worse.

I’ve learnt how to put more importance on the things that I enjoy, the things that motivate me and avoid the things that bring me down. I’ve learnt that it’s all about perspective and that perspective is temporary (and fickle). The last few years of my life have been some of the best because I finally feel in control.

Not sure if relevant to your situation, but just putting it out there. As long as you keep learning from everything you go through, then everything will inevitably get better. I wish you all the best.

Epic Aesthetic said:I’ve suffered with depression and mental health issues since my mid-teens and know how rough it can be. There’s no escape from your own head. All I can say is that with age I’ve managed to get a lot better at recognising the issues, triggers, early warning signs and developed the tools to alleviate the symptoms. I’m much better at recognising the issues as temporary and that if I follow a sequence of steps then I can stop it from getting worse.

I’ve learnt how to put more importance on the things that I enjoy, the things that motivate me and avoid the things that bring me down. I’ve learnt that it’s all about perspective and that perspective is temporary (and fickle). The last few years of my life have been some of the best because I finally feel in control.

Not sure if relevant to your situation, but just putting it out there. As long as you keep learning from everything you go through, then everything will inevitably get better. I wish you all the best.

Definitely relevant. The depression and anxiety will always be there for me too I think I’ve just gotten a better handle on it since getting sober.