close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno :: The Official Built to Fade - Lies In Nostalgia Discussion Thread ::

The Cure is now out to listen to. The video is out to watch. I know they have a new album in the works and from what we saw a year or so ago on Knos twitter its very close to being done. If this is a sign of what’s to come… we have a monster of an album on the way.

This just put the biggest smile on my face, it’s going to be fucking amazing.

The Cure is sick!!! Great track and I hope the album carries the same sound. Hopefully we will get some new info on the release.

Do we have any updates on the release date? Its been awhile

cndealerOC said:Do we have any updates on the release date? Its been awhile

Not yet but from what I’ve seen on Knos twitter, it looks like it’ll be released very soon.

mattthegod said:

cndealerOC said:Do we have any updates on the release date? Its been awhile

Not yet but from what I’ve seen on Knos twitter, it looks like it’ll be released very soon.

https://twitter.com/Kno/status/1255621049506344960
“Built To Fade’s new release Lies In Nostalgia will be available for pre-order in digital & vinyl formats as well as a vinyl re-press of To Dust.”

june 5th! get hyped!

Yes!!! Already got the date saved and money stashed away!! Bring on the deluxe packages!!

Hi friends old and new. Looking forward to this.

Is the album available on june 5th or only for pre order on june 5th? I’ve been waiting for this since October 2018…...patiently

cndealerOC said:Is the album available on june 5th or only for pre order on june 5th? I’ve been waiting for this since October 2018…...patiently

Pre-order, and hopefully a single. I think kno mentioned the full release coming a couple weeks later but I’m not 100% sure about that.

We’ve heard some joints and it’s RIDICULOUS.
Adding Fjer to the lineup brings a whole new vibe and Kno’s production game is on another level. Looking forward to this.

Thats awesome! I’m really looking forward to the release. I will be pre ordering tomorrow. Is the pre order on bandcamp?

Looks like the current events changed their plans (not complaining) and they’re doing a charity for tomorrow instead of putting out new music.

Great. I would’ve pre ordered and donated additional $20 to have this out early

glad to see kno doing something to help out, i just hope this delay isn’t significant

themanthemyth said:glad to see kno doing something to help out, i just hope this delay isn’t significant

Believe he said it will move to July, which is the next date that Bandcamp is doing the all money goes to the artist promotion.

Are we still waiting for some news about the release?

still july 3rd, as planned
pretty sure kno has talked about it a lot on his twitter (since his instagram isn’t as active) but i got blocked by him so i can’t tell

themanthemyth said:still july 3rd, as planned
pretty sure kno has talked about it a lot on his twitter (since his instagram isn’t as active) but i got blocked by him so i can’t tell

Why did you get blocked?

Pre-Order will go up shortly. If you’ve purchased anything off of bandcamp from CL, you’ll get the notification once they’re available.

cndealerOC said: Why did you get blocked?

kno tweeted some dumb thing about elon musk being part of the alt right. asked why and got blocked. tbh kinda ignorant but shit happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

QN5 said:Pre-Order will go up shortly. If you’ve purchased anything off of bandcamp from CL, you’ll get the notification once they’re available.

best belated birthday gift Smile

VIDEO UPDATE FROM KNO:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1278529235020201984

Built To Fade - Lies In Nostalgia
Bandcamp pre-orders begin at midnight PST tomorrow night
@ http://BuiltToFade.com

Eb5BD3GVAAAM1kW.jpg

Just pre ordered the 90$ edition. I cant fucking wait to hear this. Of the three snippets Kno posted back in december, the BTF one was actually my favorite.

Also.. if Bubble is of any indication, this might end up being Knos best production work yet. I’m also hoping he does some singing on this one.

Also went with $90 and can’t wait!! The addition of Fjer sounds like it’s going to be a great addition, glad they went with a single featuring her to warm us up. I’ve also been digging into Dane Ferguson’s stuff lately and didn’t realize how much he influenced To Dust until hearing his stuff. I absolutely love his sound and I’m looking forward to his fingerprints on this one too! As for Kno, this 80s synth pop might just be his best genre yet!!! Anything he touches ends up being incredible, I don’t expect anything less from this.

Couple side notes: I found it interesting that I’ve seen two similar characteristics on other recent releases that BTF is utilizing. The album art with the vinyl ring is also being used by Apollo Brown and Che Noir. And also, The Weekend’s song Blinding Light is also an 80s synth pop sound. Kinda sucks that those were released first when BTF’s stuff has been in the works for a while. Kno always seems to be ahead of the curve with releases and creative turns (the EPs as an album with RAJ, for example).

Three more weeks! I can not WAIT to hear this album.

themanthemyth said:16 hours to go

Got pushed to Sept 4th.

JTX said:

themanthemyth said:16 hours to go

Got pushed to Sept 4th.

345 hours to go….

-12 minutes until the new single Smile

I love One Ship <3