close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno :: The Official Built to Fade - Lies In Nostalgia Discussion Thread ::

As a recovering addict with just over 2 1/2 years of complete sobriety.. I relate to Loaded Guns on so many different levels. That hook describes how I am as an addict to the tee.

Did anyone receive a email for the digital release? I cant access it

Not out yet. The released songs disappeared from my Bandcamp though, so maybe it’s close.

Same here it disappeared off mine as well. Hopefully it comes out this morning. I was really looking forward to hearing this album while I worked

Wow!!!! This is amazing I’m loving it!! The intro/echoes is awesome

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that Running is the best beat that Kno has ever made. Jesus fucking christ this album is phenomenal.

Hey all, so I pre-ordered the big bundle but it’s not showing up in my collection on bandcamp. It does show as bought on the album page but I can’t download it. Does anyone know whats up? Has anyone experienced this before? If Kno sees this, my bandcamp account name is the same as on here. :/

screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/9EOTR8H

^ I would hit up Kno with an email on that one.

haven’t gotten the chance to listen yet, but why did anna wise leave? i love fjer but damn she was incredible

themanthemyth said:haven’t gotten the chance to listen yet, but why did anna wise leave? i love fjer but damn she was incredible

Kno spoke about it in an interview a few years back. I don’t want to misquote what he said so I’ll try to find it. It ended up being a pretty obscure interview. I think that a lot of blueschoolers missed it. If Tone or Kno are cool with it I’ll post it. Lets try to stay on topic though lol.

mattthegod said:

themanthemyth said:haven’t gotten the chance to listen yet, but why did anna wise leave? i love fjer but damn she was incredible

Kno spoke about it in an interview a few years back. I don’t want to misquote what he said so I’ll try to find it. It ended up being a pretty obscure interview. I think that a lot of blueschoolers missed it. If Tone or Kno are cool with it I’ll post it. Lets try to stay on topic though lol.


It was in an interview with Mass Appeal from 2017:

Talk a bit more about Built To Fade. Are you moving in a direction to do more projects like these?

Kno: Yeah, we’re in the process of finishing up a second album, but we’re going through some growing pains. I think the first one was just very loose; I approached them with a vision and we just knocked it out. It was friendly and artsy and just kinda flowed. But around the time To Dust dropped, Anna Wise got invited on the Yeezus Tour to handle background vocals for Kendrick Lamar, got a new manager and basically just stopped speaking to Dane, Zoe and I.

It was really weird and unexpected—especially since her and I had been friends for about four years at that point. We were literally in the middle of doing press for the album and she just stopped replying to our publicist and me and just ghosted. She asked Zoe if she could crash at her crib after the Seattle Yeezus show, but since then, I don’t think any of us have even spoken to her, so the three of us have just been working on the next record ourselves.

We have a single and video lined up entitled “One Ship” that is real ’80s indie or New Romantic sounding that I sing lead vocals on, which will be the first time I’ve released something for the masses in that vein. I’ve been mainly concentrating on songwriting as a “next phase” of my career so I think it’s a good, natural move for me. My production is so melodic it lends itself to that type of thing, just as much if not more than hip hop, honestly.

Word. As much as I love Anna Wise as an artist.. as a person what she did was pretty foul. It is what it is though. She wouldn’t have fit on an album like this and I’ve always preferred Fjer as an artist.

damn… had no idea about this. sad to see her go, but i agree that fjer is an excellent fit for this album since she’s been making stuff like this for a long time now

themanthemyth said:damn… had no idea about this. sad to see her go, but i agree that fjer is an excellent fit for this album since she’s been making stuff like this for a long time now

Agreed. Fjer is an exceptional talent.

Its sad to see the lack of posts in this thread. This album is absolutely phenomenal and Im surprised more people on here aren’t posting about it.

mattthegod said:Its sad to see the lack of posts in this thread. This album is absolutely phenomenal and Im surprised more people on here aren’t posting about it.

This may seem weird, and it’s extremely hard for me to maintain the will power, but I am waiting for the record to be in my hands to give this my first listen. I miss the days when you heard the album for the first time with a physical copy. I believe its looking like December before we get our hands on it, but I want to put this thing on my turntable and experience this album with everything it has to offer. And then from there, I will replay it and do my best to play it out, which I doubt will ever happen. But I will definitely get back to this thread when I get my first full listen.

LivingLegend said:

mattthegod said:Its sad to see the lack of posts in this thread. This album is absolutely phenomenal and Im surprised more people on here aren’t posting about it.

This may seem weird, and it’s extremely hard for me to maintain the will power, but I am waiting for the record to be in my hands to give this my first listen. I miss the days when you heard the album for the first time with a physical copy. I believe its looking like December before we get our hands on it, but I want to put this thing on my turntable and experience this album with everything it has to offer. And then from there, I will replay it and do my best to play it out, which I doubt will ever happen. But I will definitely get back to this thread when I get my first full listen.

You’re in for quite the experience. It’s a vintage vibe that will only be made better by a vintage format. Enjoy!

QN5 said:

LivingLegend said:

mattthegod said:Its sad to see the lack of posts in this thread. This album is absolutely phenomenal and Im surprised more people on here aren’t posting about it.

This may seem weird, and it’s extremely hard for me to maintain the will power, but I am waiting for the record to be in my hands to give this my first listen. I miss the days when you heard the album for the first time with a physical copy. I believe its looking like December before we get our hands on it, but I want to put this thing on my turntable and experience this album with everything it has to offer. And then from there, I will replay it and do my best to play it out, which I doubt will ever happen. But I will definitely get back to this thread when I get my first full listen.

You’re in for quite the experience. It’s a vintage vibe that will only be made better by a vintage format. Enjoy!

Agreed! This album is perfect for Vinyl and Tape.

i feel like we can all agree this is better then to dust, right

themanthemyth said:i feel like we can all agree this is better then to dust, right

I 1000% agree with that. I still love To Dust but this album is clearly better.