close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial dirty sneakers (substantial x t.lucas ep)

new music!

“T.Lucas and Substantial’s collaboration EP, Dirty Sneakers consists of five tracks produced by Substantial with verses by T.Lucas including features by DJ RBI, JDA, and soul vocalist, Stephanie Gayle.
To many people, sneakers are a status symbol. The brand, price, and condition of your sneakers are sometimes a reflection, accurate or not, of where you are in life. Dirty Sneakers could be a symbol of the struggle, where you have been, or even your level of comfort with where you are in life. Like most things it’s based on your perspective. The “Dirty Sneakers” EP takes us on an audio journey with T.Lucas as he shares the ups and downs of the path he has traveled. Every song is a metaphorical scuff or polish as we listen and attempt to walk in his shoes.”

personally i’ve never heard of t. lucas before he released a single with substantial titled “the new balance”. i don’t know about you guys, but i gotta say that he is definitely an impressive lyricist with a similar vocal style to substantial. if you dig stan, you’ll dig him. a good combination Smile

https://tlucas301.bandcamp.com/album/dirty-sneakers-ep

PS: for subporters of substantial’s patreon, there’s an unreleased track on there. can’t hear the full thing, but based off the snippet i can tell that it’s dope