close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 Discussion What’s the status of QN5?

I was watching a vid of the DJ Premier / RZA Versus and noticed Mr. Mecca commenting on the stream, and got nostalgic for that old QN5 shit, so I went down a rabbit hole. I came back to these forums to find them mostly dead..
This is what I found on the various artists:

Mecca - Left QN5 long ago. Active on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mrmecc), and hosts a podcast (https://anchor.fm/themmmshow) but doesn’t really seem to be putting out music?

Session - Left rap long ago, now an internet pimp (https://www.instagram.com/sessionizill). Spicasso was never released. =/

Tonedeff - Active, released latest album in 2019, but stopped making hiphop. Both Twitter and Instagram accounts are set to private.

PackFM - No album/record releases since IFHR in 2010, mentions on Instagram that his last tour was in 2014. Released a single track in 2017 (https://packfm.bandcamp.com/). Made a post about a year ago saying “Listening to beats with @tonedeff… For no reason… Yeah no reason at all”. Some hope?

Substantial - Active, putting out music (https://www.iamsubstantial.com/), but nothing really related to QN5.

CunninLynguists - Active, but haven’t worked with any other/(former?) QN5 artists in years.

Few things would make me happier than a new E-F@mm album (preferably with, but even without, Session) or Asterisk compilation with the old gang, but I guess those days are long gone? Sad if so, but if any of you end up reading this, thanks for all the great music you put out and the few live shows that were in my area! Reminiscing about chatting with CL & Tonedeff after a show brings back happy memories!

in order from most likely to least likely to happen

hyperrealism - tone has said multiple times both on discord and twitter that hyperrealism is being worked on and is coming soon (‘21-‘22 maybe)
catm - last hint we got was in late 2019 when kno posted a snippet to instagram teasing at a 2020 release for all 3 of the projects he posted, but thus far only the built to fade project has come out, one could assume that the 2nd snippet is another instrumental album that has yet to be released
spicasso - fairly certain that spicasso is either mostly or fully completed since tone has commented on it multiple times, however idk why it has yet to be released
efamm2 - almost absolute radio silence since the announcement in 2014, and pack’s retirement from music was basically the final nail in the coffin for the project
asterisk 5 - the audience that the asterisk mixtapes caters to is almost completely gone, fairly certain that they never even tried to start it. 0 chance this is going to happen

also i barely consider pack/stan/CL to be a part of QN5 anymore… QN5 was more of a collective then it was just a label and their interactions with the community and frequent collaboration amongst themselves and affiliates was what kept the hype alive for so long. i’m sure they’re still good friends and talk to each other, but in the music realm their connections have mainly been severed

as an obsessed outsider that isn’t even a veteran, i’m torn. i want to say it’s a dying flame in the dark that’s basically defunct; considering the last time someone other then tone has released a project under the label was in 2014, how disappointingly inactive the forums are (aka the main hub of the community), and how tone has shifted his attention away from qn5 onto quintic (and lucy camp in particular, being his protege), but on the other side there is still SOME activity inside of the label and maybe a slight chance that qn5 will stick around for longer and maybe even gain some traction again

sorry to be so pessimistic lol, i’m still glad there are at least a few people who at least slightly care about qn5 at this point

Hey, I was surprised to even get a reply so soon! smile
My take on the releases you mentioned:

Hyperrealism - I’m glad Tone is doing whatever he enjoys, but that style of music just doesn’t do it for me..

CATM - I assumed it was scrapped, so at least there is some hope! But I’ll be cautiously optimistic, considering for how long it has been pushed back.

Spicasso - I guess Session’s departure spelled the end for that release, but I wish someone would have leaked it..

efamm2 - Did Pack officially retire, or just assuming due to lack of releases?

Asterisk 5 - You know, I really think the audience is still there. Like, if you’re the guy who got excited for 1-4, I’m sure you’d want to hear a new one as well. The problem would be reaching the audience, and off course getting the artists on board, so I agree it probably won’t happen.

Yeah, can’t fault you for being pessimistic, it is what it is. At least they put out a shitload of music that I still listen to. I got into it back during the Napster Anthem days, and the next 10 years were glorious.

apparently hyperrealism is gonna be a different sound then the projectionist, so when (if?) it does drop you should give it a try regardless

P.S: . catm was never scrapped, just on an indefinite hiatus according to a post kno made in 2011
P.S.S: . not sure how the process works but can’t tone just ask session if he can just release what he has left? i doubt he cares anymore
P.S.S.S: . pack officially retired late 2014 (refer to http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17317/P90/)
both extremely disappointing and hilarious, getting hyped up for a new project just to retire on it’s release day that never happened. based on his reasonings in the email that he wrote, i can’t fully blame him tho

Since it sounds like you’re looking for recently released rap music coming from early QN5, allow me to point out the following:

Lucy Camp just did a boom bap/rap EP produced entirely by Tonedeff:
https://lucycamp.bandcamp.com/album/someday-maybe-ep

Mr SOS is still rapping, and released an album last year: https://belowsystem.bandcamp.com/album/eleven-eleven

Kokayi joined QN5 a bit later on but was very much in the QN5 mold, he has a rap EP from February: https://kokayi.bandcamp.com/album/living-while-black

A few additional QN5 collaborators who appeared on the Asterisk series and did guest appearances on QN5 albums also have releases within the past 2 years - Supastition, Wordsworth, Breez Evahflowin.

themanthemyth: yeah, being roughly the age Pack was when he wrote that, I get it. Priorities change..

amplifya: Thanks for tips!

I feel bad for overlooking Mr SOS, despite Southernunderground being my favorite CL album! The album sounds nice, and he even had a Cashmere The Pro feature!

I’ve been keeping up on Wordsworth (and Substantial), but I had missed Breez. I started listening to him (and Punch & Words) before I even got into QN5, so I’m looking forward to giving his new stuff a listen!

Caliber said:
CATM - I assumed it was scrapped, so at least there is some hope! But I’ll be cautiously optimistic, considering for how long it has been pushed back.

Since the announcement of CATM, I have:

Graduated from college.
Moved 11 times.
Got married.
Had 2 kids.
Lost family members.
Bought 3 cars, 2 houses.
Grown fat.
Lost my hair.

But the one thing that has remained… TO THIS DAY, I have $100 stashed under my mattress for the deluxe edition release of whatever they decide to put out. It has moved with me and stayed under the mattress at every place I’ve lived since one of the first announcements (maybe 2009?). It will remain there until I get to gloriously spend it.

It’s ironic that CATM put out a song called No Hope and I continue to have a lot of hope of being able to hear this album.

LivingLegend said:

Caliber said:

Since the announcement of CATM, I have:

Graduated from college.
Moved 11 times.
Got married.
Had 2 kids.
Lost family members.
Bought 3 cars, 2 houses.
Grown fat.
Lost my hair.

But the one thing that has remained… TO THIS DAY, I have $100 stashed under my mattress for the deluxe edition release of whatever they decide to put out. It has moved with me and stayed under the mattress at every place I’ve lived since one of the first announcements (maybe 2009?). It will remain there until I get to gloriously spend it.

It’s ironic that CATM put out a song called No Hope and I continue to have a lot of hope of being able to hear this album.

Those last 2 got me as well. Damn, it’s been 9 years since the delay. Time moves fast.

Hi! Tone checking in here.

Caliber said:I was watching a vid of the DJ Premier / RZA Versus and noticed Mr. Mecca commenting on the stream, and got nostalgic for that old QN5 shit, so I went down a rabbit hole. I came back to these forums to find them mostly dead..

Hate to point it out, but there is a direct correlation between not checking in here for “a while” (years? lol), seeking nostalgia, and the forums being dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caliber said:Mecca - Left QN5 long ago..but doesn’t really seem to be putting out music?

Oh, Mecca put out 2 solo albums that he didn’t even tweet about for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I Can Explain (2013)
Last Exit (w/ Croup) (2015)

Caliber said:Tonedeff - Active, released latest album in 2019, but stopped making hiphop. Both Twitter and Instagram accounts are set to private.

LOL WTF? I never stopped making Hip Hop. Polymer is Hip Hop as fuck, because I’m rapping my ass off on it, and emceeing is an element of Hip Hop. Honestly, It’s very frustrating to be continually limited by folks whose tastes haven’t grown or expanded beyond the antiquated backpack scenester bandwagon consensus BS. Also, social media is toxic AF and I’m tired of being spammed/phished/trolled/etc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:spicasso - fairly certain that spicasso is either mostly or fully completed since tone has commented on it multiple times, however idk why it has yet to be released

Releasing records traditionally is expensive, and since he’s not actively pursuing music as a career, finishing it up hasn’t been a priority (clearly). BUUUUT with that said, the entire thing is recorded, and in need of sequencing/mixing/mastering. All of that is time consuming, and would ONLY be done for kicks. We don’t know if there’s an audience for it anymore, beyond the handful of folks that check this site still. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caliber said: Spicasso - I guess Session’s departure spelled the end for that release, but I wish someone would have leaked it..

Yes, a leaked release! Wait, why’s the forum dead again? Where’s the free music? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:efamm2 - almost absolute radio silence since the announcement in 2014, and pack’s retirement from music was basically the final nail in the coffin for the project

Caliber said:efamm2 - Did Pack officially retire, or just assuming due to lack of releases?

Pack is a dad now, so yeah, there’s no urgency with this project. When it was originally planned out, (ie. we have all the beats and 1 SONG recorded haha), I was hoping Stan or Pack would push the writing process while I was busy with Polymer, but it wasn’t a priority so nothing happened. With that said, it’d be nice to make something for the fuck of it - very much like we did on HFYS amongst friends - but again, at this point it’s not high on the list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said: asterisk 5 - the audience that the asterisk mixtapes caters to is almost completely gone, fairly certain that they never even tried to start it. 0 chance this is going to happen

I wouldn’t say ZERO… but… 25%? Wink Ironically, this would actually be the easiest lift of all the aforementioned projects, with this series being a compilation and all. So, this one miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight actually happen at some point still. It IRKS me that it ended on an even number. (Yuck).

Caliber said:The problem would be reaching the audience

How are we supposed to do that exactly if you’re not checking for it? The algorithms are murdering everything. Should we knock on your door? Will you be home? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:sorry to be so pessimistic lol, i’m still glad there are at least a few people who at least slightly care about qn5 at this point

All good. People still support and we appreciate you all. Smile

Caliber said:Hyperrealism - I’m glad Tone is doing whatever he enjoys, but that style of music just doesn’t do it for me..

Dah welllzzzz. Guess I’ll just quit then. Wait, why are the forums dead again? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

amplifya said:Since it sounds like you’re looking for recently released rap music coming from early QN5, allow me to point out the following:

Mr SOS is still rapping, and released an album last year: https://belowsystem.bandcamp.com/album/eleven-eleven

Kokayi joined QN5 a bit later on but was very much in the QN5 mold, he has a rap EP from February: https://kokayi.bandcamp.com/album/living-while-black

Amen to ALL of this. Thanks, Amp.

themanthemyth said:apparently hyperrealism is gonna be a different sound then the projectionist, so when (if?) it does drop you should give it a try regardless

Agreed. And yes, very different sound.

Caliber said:Yeah, can’t fault you for being pessimistic, it is what it is. At least they put out a shitload of music that I still listen to. I got into it back during the Napster Anthem days, and the next 10 years were glorious.

(ie. New music? Who cares, lemme go play something that reminds me of my college years. I had fun then). Aaaaahhhh the sweet smell of…
1453452-2009_02_22_watchmennostalgia.jpg

themanthemyth said:P.S.S.S: . pack officially retired late 2014 (refer to http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17317/P90/)
both extremely disappointing and hilarious, getting hyped up for a new project just to retire on it’s release day that never happened. based on his reasonings in the email that he wrote, i can’t fully blame him tho

For whatever it’s worth, I DID make him shave his legs on TACM cause he lost that bet. So… he suffered.

LivingLegend said:TO THIS DAY, I have $100 stashed under my mattress for the deluxe edition release of whatever they decide to put out. It has moved with me and stayed under the mattress at every place I’ve lived since one of the first announcements (maybe 2009?). It will remain there until I get to gloriously spend it.

Good. You’re absolutely gonna need it.

LivingLegend said:Since the announcement of CATM, I have:

Graduated from college.
Moved 11 times.
Got married.
Had 2 kids.
Lost family members.
Bought 3 cars, 2 houses.
Grown fat.
Lost my hair.

Hmmmm, Since the CATM announcement, I have:
- Got Married.
- Released Archetype.
- Made a documentary
- Toured the world.
- Did a bunch of collabs.
- Released CKC
- Released 4 Asterisk:Series mixtapes
- Released 2 Instrumental LPs
- Got Divorced.
- Had A Nervous Breakdown
- Lost my hair? (I dunno, I’ve always been bald).
- Released The Projectionist
- Started a Podcast
- Started a new label
- Produced 5 Lucy Camp EPs
- Released 2 Fjer EPs & 1 LP
- Released a Trapazoyd LP
- Ended A Podcast
- Made a feature-length Polyoptics movie.
- Released 8 Music Videos
- Directed A Comedy Special for Gastor
- Released an OST for Polyoptics
- Remastered my debut EP

But yeah, all we care about is CATM. Where’s CATM?
Fuck everything you make, Tone, we want that thing we haven’t heard yet.
Does Tone still make music? People are a trip, forreal haha
Not singling anyone out here, but addressing the sentiment.

At the end of the day, I ate, slept, breathed, slept, bled, cried and sacrificed literally EVERYTHING I had for QN5. My money, my time, my relationships, down to my physical and mental health. Anything you could possibly give in pursuit of a goal/dream, etc - I gave. Literally EVERY. FUCKING. THING. I can’t overstate it enough.

Yes, I managed to get it to a tipping point with no industry backing or “rich relatives” and made it a beautiful thing beyond all odds. Yes, I’ll never forget “the buzz” we had, and those blue schoolers who were around then won’t either. Yes, the culture completely changed, the streaming model rode in and people have clearly moved on. Yes, mainstream music is so foreign and disconnected from what you remember, that you want to come back for a dose of nostalgia. BUT the reality is, the majority of folks abandoned the house and are somehow still expecting the rent to be paid in their absence.

I along with the other individual members of the crew will CONTINUE to create new art, with or without your eyeballs or support, as we have done the past decade plus. We’d be happy to have your support, but we’re NOT beholden to anyone’s nostalgia. Please don’t disrespect us by diminishing our current work, which we believe in just as much as the work we made when you discovered it. It’s just as, if not MORE valuable to us than ever. Also, we’re 100x better artists than we were a decade ago. So, there’s that.

In the meantime, I will always keep the light on for blue schoolers, which is how you’re reading this to begin with. I love and appreciate you all. The world is on fire and I hope you’re all staying safe. Seriously. Scary times.

Cheers,
- Tone

PS Yes, I still make hip hop.
PSS - CATM will be done when it’s done. Watch this and stop asking. Seriously.

QN5 said:Hi! Tone checking in here.

Caliber said:I was watching a vid of the DJ Premier / RZA Versus and noticed Mr. Mecca commenting on the stream, and got nostalgic for that old QN5 shit, so I went down a rabbit hole. I came back to these forums to find them mostly dead..

Hate to point it out, but there is a direct correlation between not checking in here for “a while” (years? lol), seeking nostalgia, and the forums being dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caliber said:Mecca - Left QN5 long ago..but doesn’t really seem to be putting out music?

Oh, Mecca put out 2 solo albums that he didn’t even tweet about for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I Can Explain (2013)
Last Exit (w/ Croup) (2015)

Caliber said:Tonedeff - Active, released latest album in 2019, but stopped making hiphop. Both Twitter and Instagram accounts are set to private.

I never stopped making Hip Hop. Polymer is Hip Hop as fuck, because I’m rapping my ass off on it, and emceeing is an element of Hip Hop. Honestly, It’s very frustrating to be continually limited by folks whose tastes haven’t grown or expanded beyond the antiquated backpack scenester bandwagon consensus BS. Also, social media is toxic AF and I’m tired of being spammed/phished/trolled/etc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:spicasso - fairly certain that spicasso is either mostly or fully completed since tone has commented on it multiple times, however idk why it has yet to be released

Releasing records traditionally is expensive, and since he’s not actively pursuing music as a career, finishing it up hasn’t been a priority (clearly). BUUUUT with that said, the entire thing is recorded, and in need of sequencing/mixing/mastering. All of that is time consuming, and would ONLY be done for kicks. We don’t know if there’s an audience for it anymore, beyond the handful of folks that check this site still. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caliber said: Spicasso - I guess Session’s departure spelled the end for that release, but I wish someone would have leaked it..

Yes, a leaked release! Wait, why’s the forum dead again? Where’s the free music? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:efamm2 - almost absolute radio silence since the announcement in 2014, and pack’s retirement from music was basically the final nail in the coffin for the project

Caliber said:efamm2 - Did Pack officially retire, or just assuming due to lack of releases?

Pack is a dad now, so yeah, there’s no urgency with this project. When it was originally planned out, (ie. we have all the beats and 1 SONG recorded haha), I was hoping Stan or Pack would push the writing process while I was busy with Polymer, but it wasn’t a priority so nothing happened. With that said, it’d be nice to make something for the fuck of it - very much like we did on HFYS amongst friends - but again, at this point it’s not high on the list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said: asterisk 5 - the audience that the asterisk mixtapes caters to is almost completely gone, fairly certain that they never even tried to start it. 0 chance this is going to happen

I wouldn’t say ZERO… but… 25%? Hahah. This would actually be the easiest lift of all the aforementioned projects, with this series being a compilation and all. So, ironically, this oone might actually happen at some point still. It IRKS me that it ended on an even number. (Yuck).

Caliber said:The problem would be reaching the audience

How are we supposed to do that exactly if you’re not checking for it? The algorithms are murdering everything. Should we knock on your door? Will you be home? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

themanthemyth said:sorry to be so pessimistic lol, i’m still glad there are at least a few people who at least slightly care about qn5 at this point

All good. People still support and we appreciate you all. Smile

Caliber said:Hyperrealism - I’m glad Tone is doing whatever he enjoys, but that style of music just doesn’t do it for me..

Dah welllzzzz. Guess I’ll just quit then. Wait, why are the forums dead again? Who cares, lemme go play something that reminds me of my college years. I had fun then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

amplifya said:Since it sounds like you’re looking for recently released rap music coming from early QN5, allow me to point out the following:

Amen to ALL of this. Thanks, Amp.

themanthemyth said:apparently hyperrealism is gonna be a different sound then the projectionist, so when (if?) it does drop you should give it a try regardless

Agreed. And yes, very different sound.

Caliber said:Yeah, can’t fault you for being pessimistic, it is what it is. At least they put out a shitload of music that I still listen to. I got into it back during the Napster Anthem days, and the next 10 years were glorious.

1453452-2009_02_22_watchmennostalgia.jpg

themanthemyth said:P.S.S.S: . pack officially retired late 2014 (refer to http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17317/P90/)

For whatever it’s worth, I DID make him shave his legs on TACM cause he lost that bet. So… he suffered.

LivingLegend said:TO THIS DAY, I have $100 stashed under my mattress for the deluxe edition release of whatever they decide to put out. It has moved with me and stayed under the mattress at every place I’ve lived since one of the first announcements (maybe 2009?). It will remain there until I get to gloriously spend it.

Good. You’re absolutely gonna need it.

LivingLegend said:Since the announcement of CATM, I have:

Graduated from college.
Moved 11 times.
Got married.
Had 2 kids.
Lost family members.
Bought 3 cars, 2 houses.
Grown fat.
Lost my hair.

Since the CATM announcement, I have:
Got Married.
Release Archetype.
Made a documentary
Toured the world.
Did a bunch of collabs.
Released CKC
Released 4 Asterisk:Series mixtapes
Released 2 Instrumental LPs
Got Divorced.
Had A Nervous Breakdown
Lost my hair? (I dunno, I’ve always been bald).
Released The Projectionist
Started a Podcast
Started a new label
Produced 5 Lucy Camp EPs
Released 2 Fjer EPs & 1 LP
Released a Trapazoyd LP
Ended A Podcast
Made a feature-length Polyoptics movie.
Released 8 Music Videos
Directed A Comedy Special for Gastor
Released an OST for Polyoptics
Remastered my debut EP

Does Tone still make music? People are a trip, forreal.

Mic drop.

thanks for the response tone, glad to see even through all of this your still checking in with us from time to time
regardless i’m not too concerned about the lack of releases lately. sure, even though ill always naturally want more, qn5 still has a gargantuan discography that even i haven’t even fully absorbed yet.
tone’s life is approximately 65%ish over according to US life expectancy statistics (probably less considering how expensive both NYC and healthcare is). i doubt its that improbable that all of the releases mentioned would come out in the next 30 years Smile

themanthemyth said:tone’s life is approximately 65%ish over according to US life expectancy statistics (probably less considering how expensive both NYC and healthcare is). i doubt its that improbable that all of the releases mentioned would come out in the next 30 years Smile

LULZ. Geez. I’m not THAT old, but thanks for the sobering reminder. haha

Alexa, play “MOMENT”.

This website hasn’t seen the last of its shining light. The fireworks will return. It may not be like it used to, but soon shit will be lit.

“The Velvet Underground didn’t sell many records, but everyone who bought one started a band.” -Someone

I love seeing that QN5 label on things, but if you haven’t heard: Kok’s Hubri$, Bob Alloy’s Winter Breaks 2, Stan’s Withdrawn track, Lucy Camp’s ‘Someday Maybe’, Amp’s Soundtrack for Real Justice (Track 8 ffs), that Glass Meadow- Tonight song with Fjer just destroying it, Lonecrew’s Degradation, Stephanie Gayle’s Christmas at 7222 (that Not Enough song is great), and CL’s expanding no fucks given catalogue the last few years…then you are missing the brilliant artists that QN5 connected. I wish QN5 would have made Tone (and crew) a ton of money, but the attitude and approach that QN5 fostered is leading to a more beautiful world right now, in front of our eyes. Seriously, I’d be at the next Megashow, but none of that is going to stop me from enjoying the amazing music coming out right now by these artists.

I’m off to spin St. Fed Up.

QN5 said:

Does Tone still make music? People are a trip, forreal haha
Not singling anyone out here, but addressing the sentiment.

At the end of the day, I ate, slept, breathed, slept, bled, cried and sacrificed literally EVERYTHING I had for QN5. My money, my time, my relationships, down to my physical and mental health. Anything you could possibly give in pursuit of a goal/dream, etc - I gave. Literally EVERY. FUCKING. THING. I can’t overstate it enough.

All of these things you listed are the exact reason why I’ll always support you, Tone. I’ve been here since pretty early on and have seen what you’ve put yourself through for the music/art you make. And as a consumer, I can’t say it’s been worth it for you, but I absolutely appreciate all of it and will contribute my part to hopefully make it worth while for you. I didn’t mean any disrespect or any cause for frustration with the comment, just that I am always standing by to support your work. Always have, always will.

I’m sure the CATM voices are probably the loudest and most annoying/frustrating/infuriating/whatever else. But the support is still here with whatever happens and whatever you’re working on and do next.

I still love you all❤️

it’s kinda funny being a part of the hip hop twitter community, seeing so many fans seethe at their favorite artists not releasing music for only 2-3 years. must be nice being a qn5 fan

2021 seems to have a lot in store for us, assumingly from tone, so i doubt waiting a bit longer will hurt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you all for your support! Plenty of new music on the way this year. Looking forward to releasing the newness for everyone.

That response was a struggle session.

I can understand the frustration of fans asking for music from a dead era when QN5 (what’s left of it) is focused on making new music. QN5 says the attention for it isn’t there. I don’t think it ever was beyond this community - at this point it’s a win/win if it releases… it gets accomplished, and the fans who have really wanted it, get it.

That’s coming from the perspective of a once casual listener… QN5’s perspective is naturally different. He was/is making it. I’m sure the investment is real. I won’t listen to it if it releases. However, I hope both sides get what they want so ya’ll can move on like a lot of others have.

nova norway said:I still love you all❤️

Wow. Dude, you’re as nostalgic as a user can get on these boards. Last time I saw a post from you feels like 2008 or something. Great to hear from you and hope you’re doing well.

Kags said:

nova norway said:I still love you all❤️

Wow. Dude, you’re as nostalgic as a user can get on these boards. Last time I saw a post from you feels like 2008 or something. Great to hear from you and hope you’re doing well.

This thread will turn into a drunken phone call chock-full of nostalgic blue-schoolers. Why is the forum dead?

Thanks for the reply Tone.

It seems like you took some offense to my posts, and that was in no way my intention. I still cite you as one of my top 5 MCs ever, and the one time I got to see you perform live and have a chat with you after the show, is my favorite show-going experience ever.

That being said, it’s not really fair to try to paint me as a hater or whatever, when the most negative thing I had to say was “I’m glad Tone is doing whatever he enjoys, but that (new) style of music just doesn’t do it for me”.
Your artistic direction changed, my musical preferences didn’t. Let’s just leave it at that. It’s no criticism of you, and I still respect your hustle. It’s all love.

horneytoad said:That response was a struggle session.

Oooooh, shiny superiority. So cool.

Caliber said:Thanks for the reply Tone. It seems like you took some offense to my posts, and that was in no way my intention.

That being said, it’s not really fair to try to paint me as a hater or whatever, when the most negative thing I had to say was “I’m glad Tone is doing whatever he enjoys, but that (new) style of music just doesn’t do it for me”.
Your artistic direction changed, my musical preferences didn’t. Let’s just leave it at that. It’s no criticism of you, and I still respect your hustle. It’s all love.

Smile It’s all love. Didn’t take any offense, I was responding more to the sentiment of nostalgia than anything else, no harm no foul. You are appreciated.

just remembered i used to troll these forums like 15 years ago. feeling nostalgic.

Nothing hits me harder with nostalgia than Deacon the Villain’s ‘Take Me Back’ as I look at the Asterisk 3 album art. Immediately takes me back to a simpler time that was so impactful to me.