close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Newbie Check-In :: Rules & Regulations :: Avatar Galleries - Custom Avatar - 500 Posts ::

I wanna use this right here:

Doom-avatar.jpg

Thanks

Yo, please put these in the custom gallary:

man1.jpg
bruno_tiny.jpg
uncle.jpg
bubba.jpg

thx,
soce!

Re: AVATAR GALLERY

QN5 ADMIN said:We did some testing and if we allow people to link to other sites for images, there’s no size restriction and it looks awful.

How about adding <div class=“codeblock”> height=80 width=80  </div> to the img-tag and force all custom avatars to be that size?

wurrrd.

Amen Gonna Slap Somebody said:Squijee is that nigga.

We got you, son.

squijee.gif

Re: AVATAR GALLERY

Caliber said:

QN5 ADMIN said:We did some testing and if we allow people to link to other sites for images, there’s no size restriction and it looks awful.

How about adding <div class=“codeblock”> height=80 width=80  </div> to the img-tag and force all custom avatars to be that size?

That’s not something we can specify with the admin options of the board by default. we’d need a plugin to make that happen automatically, which we’ve read up on…and it slows down the rendering of the pages. So, I’d rather skip it for now.

Also, someone could use a 500mb image file still, haha.

yeeeup.

chris said:Also, someone could use a 500mb image file still, haha.

Word up…that shit is wack.

Re: yeeeup.

QN5 ADMIN said:

chris said:Also, someone could use a 500mb image file still, haha.

Word up…that shit is wack.

awwww come on man i wanna put the full “finally legal 12” as my avatar. i don’t think anyone would complain Twisted Evil

i do believe imma have to give a thumbs down to soce’s avatar choices. Sad

Re:...

that squijee avatar is just… alien (took me a while to find that alien face…)

These Avs ain’t so bad

can you put these in the custom gallery for me…also, can we add to the custom gallery in due time…say I get bored of these, and want to change months from now?

73351399_l.jpg

73351160_l.jpg

73351255_l.jpg

I’ma make some personalized ones when I have time one day…far in the future…fucken work deadlines… Evil or Very Mad

hey you guyyyyyyyys…i want Carlin back Sad

agingcarlin.gif

no offense KNO…..thats still my shiet Smile

fuck that avatar anyway

Laughing

New avatars up…(testing mine, lol) check the ‘Slogans’ category…

also checkin my shit as i did with the user name…ahaha lets see if im good and ready…haha

proph

Heh heh.. some of those slogans are funny.

I call dibs on this one.

We’ll be adding plenty of more avatars to the mix as we go along. There are already over 50 of them to choose from. Props to Kontrast for hookin up the “Slogan” gallery. Half of y’all aint even choosen one yet.

The reason we’re not allowing custom avy’s is cause when they get shrunk from awkward sizes to the right size, a) they look like shit and b) we’d need a special hack for the board to do it, and from our research, it makes the pages render slowly.

We’d rather keep the board running smoothly with a unified look, instead. Keep adding images you would like to use for your avatars for the upcoming PUBLIC gallery.

Hollerate.

Yo.. any computer programmers know how they do it at:

http://www.artstars.org

That’s another website that uses the same message board, and there, I get to choose my own avatar—maybe you can have a talk w/ their forum mod to figure it out? btw, you can’t look at the forum until you become a member.. so it’ll look empty at first.

QN5 ADMIN said:Hollerate.

word.

forum looks great, guys.

I think the new QN5 av’s are great, but everytime I see the Baby Blue QN5 logo I keep thinking its Tone…the av’s always catch my eyes before the username…

yeah, on the old boards I usually just looked at avatars to identify people, i can’t be bnothered to read shit.

gon get my avy soon

I want a squijee pic!

well i posted that up there before all the avatars loaded, so i didn’t see the persons pic before mine, but can I get this one up?

g5vefammxmas.jpg

Custom Avatar Nominees…

This is how it’s gonna work. You will have to choose one of the avatars from the provided gallery’s until you reach 500 posts.

When you reach 500 posts, simply post a pic of what you’d like your avatar to be, and we’ll hook it up for you. If you already have a custom 80x80 avatar made, we’ll use that when you reach 500 posts.

Until then, feel free to choose from our current (and expanding) gallery!

Oh yeah, you can also set it so that people under a certain amount of posts can’t have avatars at all, I think. I had it set to 1 post so everyone could get one, but if you wanted to be mean to the newbies… that’s a start. haha

QN5 ADMIN said:Custom Avatar Nominees…

This is how it’s gonna work. You will have to choose one of the avatars from the provided gallery’s until you reach 500 posts.

what? I guess it’ll make for a nice reward halfway to your custom title…but still…bah!!

I think Chris is right on newbies not getting one till they reach a certain limit…it would especially make sense since a lot of heads stop posting after a while all together…

and who’s that xover33 dude with 991 posts after just signing up?