close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Newbie Check-In :: Rules & Regulations NEW RULE: LIMITED SIGNATURE IMAGE SIZE (09.05.05)

LIMITED SIGNATURE IMAGE SIZE
Beginning Sept. 5th, 2005, we will be limiting the size of SIGNATURE images to 500x60 or smaller.

If you need help determining what size that is, please reference the image below (copy/paste it, etc)

signature.gif

The reason for the new rule, is that some of the pages are getting bogged down with huge gif animations and giganticly sized images that people need to scroll through to see the next posts, etc.

By implimenting this new size limit, not only will the boards look even snazzier, but they’ll also load faster.

Any OVERSIZED signature images remaining after Sep. 5th. 2005 will be deleted from your accounts. Feel free to ask your graphic-smart friends to hook you up. Maybe we’ll have a “signature competition” for fun.

Hollerate.

Just wanted to remind everyone of this since it’ll go into effect soon. Thanks, peoples.

ya know, i’ve been doing some thinking…

and i’ve come to the conclusion that I would be much happier if we could have the sig limit be like 500x150 or even 500x135…and then each person could only have 1 sig, and if it was too large or too big of a file, then you could PM the persona and tell them not to use it.

or maybe such could be a privledge…like 750+ posts Surprised

whatchathink?

The avatars are out of the way of the post content, but signatures are right in there. If everyone dropped in an image of 135 or 150 height after every single post, the readability goes way down.

I promise you, people don’t come back to the forums to check out the new signatures—they come back to check the new posts.

I could be sarcastic and say “Nah, son…I wait to see BBoy’s new sig….but no…I won’t.

Although…MiCo has the best “sig”

You were the only person I remembered who STILL had a sig. I was referring to Chris saying “people dont come to check the new signiatures…they come to see the new posts”.

click on the hidden link in my sig to see my AWESOME sigs Wink

all those sigs in your gallery are too wide. they are nice though.

naw man i do 400x135…some people even do larger ones, but thanks though.

DWilli707 said:You were the only person I remembered who STILL had a sig. I was referring to Chris saying “people dont come to check the new signiatures…they come to see the new posts”.

ahhhhh… “i see” said the blind man.. lol

my sig is dope tho Wink

I need some help QN5 heads, I cant find a sig the right size that is my own, [(unique) I think the one i have now is ill, but like I said i want something unique, like with my name or sumfin]
I also can’t find anyone who makes em, and I suck at making my own. So hit me up if you can help

Wow are you dumb?...IN MY SIG IT HAS A LINK TO MY WORK…you gotta use your eyes, ya know?

jp man…what’d ya want on it tho? Surprised

How would he know that your Deadbeat Designs is a clickable image…don’t be an asshole.

i put a smiley face in to show that we’re friends…don’t be a freeposter

Well ,Also wanted a unique one, not one with someone elses name on it, and not with like Jay-Z or in the background game, I did go to your link.

i meant that by clicking that, you could see i do GFX

Aight, Well thanks if you can help from the PM

kinda tought considering how small…so i just whipped up something abstract…what i did to the render looks ill tho Very Happy

NAScopy.png

AIM: Desyfa
AIM: Masterminded

Have fun.

moody or chris or tone-what about if it’s a Qn5 related signature, can it be slightly over the limit?

no, the limit is encoded.

NicK the NiNjA said:moody or chris or tone-what about if it’s a Qn5 related signature, can it be slightly over the limit?

Tone can change his mind, but: It’s an annoyance to have to scroll through large images—no matter what the image is of. I mean… that’s pretty much what it comes down to.

What is your need for an image in your signature? And: what is your need for a larger image in your signature?

Oh well, at least you read the rules.

haha…because i am a master GFX maker! and (click the link in my sig) i want my work to be displayed

I make kick ass websites. I don’t list the 50+ projects I’ve had a hand in as my signature.

see-that’s the kinda stuff i wanna know. i didn’t know you made websites…do you code them or make the templates?

he made this DOPE ass website…. http://www.tonedeff.com .....he also made shhiwonttellnobody.com

DWilli707 said:he made this DOPE ass website…. http://www.tonedeff.com .....he also made shhiwonttellnobody.com

I didn’t make the current http://www.tonedeff.com

well…you are making 3.5/4.0 right?

DWilli707 said:well…you are making 3.5/4.0 right?

I think I’m about ready to start on v6 at this point, haha. But yeah, I’m collaborating with Tonedeff on a major update to the website. Except we’re working on other web projects, too.

Somebody pay our bills for a month and we’ll knock this website revision out.