close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 MEGASHOW 2006 (7.28.06) QN5 MEGASHOW 2006 :: (07.28.06) @ CBGB’s [NYC]

DWilli707 said:Why not just let them handle their thing and stick to being a fan and paying the $25 that you’re going to spend anyways, homie?

why don’t you take your own advice and let someone from QN5 answer my question, it’s just a question i was curious about, there was absolutely no hostility nor disrespect in my question…

QN5 members actually use this forum to answer questions, i’m taking advantage of that…chill out Captain QN5

=================================================
like sulfuric acid, im lethal..
soon as my words reach you—
they eat thru brains of those i chose to speak to..
im wiser and smoother, keep up or ill lose ya..
when i maneuver words, when im heard, ill confuse ya..
bruise ya, im high potent..
devotin—much time into one rhyme..
every line of mine is worth quotin..
im like a college dorm, people will swarm—
for knowledge, applicants chill out and fill out a form..
-Percee P

I wasn’t being hostile homie. Just made a valid point. I don’t see the need to worry.

Captain QN5, get at me with travelling details when you got them.

GiNaBiNa05 said:no hotel this year - im crashin in Harlem…

Me too Gina!

I am so excited that the poster kids for new Hip Hop are performing at a historical venue for underground punk bands! This is going to be very fun. My very first QN5 Megashow! I got my outfit picked out, the people I’m going with down to ride with me, and my Hello Kitty digital video camera to record and capture everything! Haha, I am such a nerd.

Who Is MICO said:why not make it one show for $25 instead of clearing people out…??

Actually, there were plenty of factors that made us decided to do 2 shows, for starters:
a) Based off last year’s Megashow, QN5 anticipates a full house for the first show, and CBGBs is a much more intimate venue than BB Kings.
b) The ENCORE show will feature different sets and special guests than the MAIN show. (ie. More Music). I think y’all will be amped with the song selections this year.
c) Why go home after the show and drink alone? Might as well turn a dope show into an afterparty with like-minded heads. The QN5 Megashow is becoming a destination event for out-of-state blue schoolers, we’re trying to give them more bang for their buck.
d) We wanted to step it up and do something special this year.

So, it’s a win-win for everybody.

Granted, it may sound “different” at first, and we were all initially skeptical but we were assured by the staff that the clearing/re-entry process would be handled as quickly and smoothly as possible. The last thing anyone wants is for this to be problematic. But if we’re gonna do 2 seperate shows, it’s a necessity.

It’s gonna be a hell of a fuckin time, y’all. Bring your friends, bring your energy and let’s have make this one to remember.

Amber With Cleavage said:I am so excited that the poster kids for new Hip Hop are performing at a historical venue for underground punk bands!

Jeeeuh! I’m glad you caught the initial idea. You’re the first one to get it. Go Cleavage! [Does Cabbage-Patch]

QN5 said: Go Cleavage! [Does Cabbage-Patch]

Not the first time he’s said/done that. Laughing

I’m DEF THERE!

any out of towners who need a place to stay—-mi casa es tu sasa

10 day’s after my 21st = me being foolish

Bow Wow is trying to sound like T.I

haha… i feel lucky as hell right now… i booked all my stuff last week, and my hostel is apparently right across the street from CBGB’s, and one of the main reason my buddy’s going with my to NYC is to visit CBGB’s before it closes in October… this is perfect.

Laughing @ “Raydiation” and more Laughing at having a giant fireball where his crotch is. Homie needs to holler at some ointment, cool down the situation.

ok fags, why the fuck are we talking about ray j’s cover, back to the megashow

I CAN’T WAIT TO GET FUCKED UP!!! if anyone wants to have an afterparty afterparty, there’s plenty of the bars in the area that i frequent at (one, literally across the street). 21+ heads, lemme know what’s really bueno.

Krafty said:Bow Wow is trying to sound like T.I

TI writes for Bow Wow

Amen said:

Krafty said:Bow Wow is trying to sound like T.I

TI writes for Bow Wow

Really?

Then that explains it….

i <3 t.i.

but i <3 QN5 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more!!! back to topic fools!!!!!!!!!!!!! hollaaaaaaaaaa @ Megashow ‘06…..... and you know i will be wherever the pahty is at!!! keep ya girl posted…. im thinkin ill be there friday-sunday, MAYBE monday… haha

cant wait to buy more merch @ the show!!! this will be great cuz you can buy all the merch during the 1st show - throw it in your car after and get back in time for the afterpahty!!! and we can eat before the aftahpahty! or aftahshow.. whatever it is… YAY!!!!! im psyched!!!! made my evening…

My 21st bday is on the 29th, nice little early bday gift Smile Think I’ll be able to drink after midnight?

http://www.cbgb.com/studio.htm

Does this mean a possible Live album?

Brother Rob said:My 21st bday is on the 29th, nice little early bday gift Smile Think I’ll be able to drink after midnight?

my 26th (good god) birthday is the 29th…! leo’s represent word up..

and yes most bars are fine with people drinking after midnight on their birthday…just bring a valid ID

hey, another question…which really has nothing to do with the show at all, but was wondering if anyone knew…..when i told my roomate the show was at cbgb’s he was like..“i thought it closed?” and i was like “hey wait, it is supposed to close isn’t it?”

does anyone know anything about that?

The Wrist said:hey, another question…which really has nothing to do with the show at all, but was wondering if anyone knew…..when i told my roomate the show was at cbgb’s he was like..“i thought it closed?” and i was like “hey wait, it is supposed to close isn’t it?”

does anyone know anything about that?

they basically agreed to extend their lease and finally man-up to rising NYC rent prices. CBGB’s is paying something around $35K a month just to maintain the spot they’re in now. i honestly don’t think they’re doing it for the money at this point.

closing in Oct i think…

My buddy, who’s going with me to NYC, is a big punk/indie fan and really wanted to go to CBGB’s before they closed… so we had already planned on going there one night and got a place close by.

jilt said:

My buddy, who’s going with me to NYC, is a big punk/indie fan and really wanted to go to CBGB’s before they closed… .

yea one of my roomates who’s probably the #1 fronter on going to qn5 shows in the history of time is actually considering going cuz he wants to go to cbgb’s before it closes

so its a good marketing move on qn5’s part..haha

Shit. I tried to knock it off as impossible, but you guys are killing me here. Anybody know what a round trip ticket from Saskatoon to New York will cost me?

orbitz.com

I have a question I was just wondering about:

Say I was hypothetically going to go to the first show but not the second…

If I wanted to buy merch after the first show ends, am I going to have to worry about being hassled to leave while I’m trying to get my merch by people who are “clearing out” the crowd for the re-entry for the second show?

I have faith that ya’ll would put time in between the two or something to avoid this problem, but I wanted to bring it up in case.

Buy your merch as soon as you get in. Problem solved.

not sure if I answered that, but yea u can buy merch after each show
just no lingering around
that’s what the afterparty is for
hangin out after the show
but no u will not be rushed out
to make things easier
if you are going to both shows
and want to make ur purchase during or after that, it would probably be a lot easier

QN5 said:

abrupt said:think theyll be any left if you buy day before…?

you wanna take your chances?

ill have to, i got no credit card. Mad Mad

so maybe someone wanna cop me some n hold it for me?

yeah i’m going i always go lol
i will be 18 then yay lol

aNiMeMaN14 said:ok fags, why the fuck are we talking about ray j’s cover, back to the megashow

I CAN’T WAIT TO GET FUCKED UP!!! if anyone wants to have an afterparty afterparty, there’s plenty of the bars in the area that i frequent at (one, literally across the street). 21+ heads, lemme know what’s really bueno.

YESSIR!! You know I’m down.

sooooo excited….

rollin